Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period

Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period 3 months 1 week ago #284780

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1476

Sherman, Sheridan & Grant wrote:

OLV72 wrote: Mike, who are these insiders you rely on?

Also all of this critique even anger...how does it help the staff, the program, the fans, we posters and our BP. Just seems to be counterproductive AND it’s the easy way out: solutions outweigh complaints. Solutions take more talent, astuteness than complaints. And for those who hint at “ Mullin must go” I ask - to be replaced by who/whom...give me a viable alternative to the current staff.

all the best

Eric Musselman.
We can double or triple his salary.
www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/...e-seasons/101517302/

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period 2 months 1 week ago #288003

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 465

Sounds like staff will be at U18 in Canada.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Last edit: by fordham96.

Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period 2 months 1 week ago #288004

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 445

fordham96 wrote:

Sounds staff will be at U18 IN Canada.

I don’t know how many members will be there but we will have a presence there.

Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period 2 months 1 week ago #288008

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4499
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period 2 months 1 week ago #288039

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 159
Well, it didn’t take long to dust off the Anti Mullin Propaganda again . No mention of the great off season additions that arguably could result in a Top 5 BE Season or better . It’s unfortunate that many Posters don’t have a better appreciation of the stature that Chris Mullin earned as the Greatest Redmen Player ever . Nor , his HOF career in the NBA or 2 Time Dream Team Olympian . With Teammates like Larry Bird , Michael Jordan , Magic Johnson , etc . Nor , not 1 mention of the Coaches that Mullin played for , Lou C, Don Nelson , Bobby Knight , Chuck Daley , Larry Bird and some I have forgotten . And , played along side Richmond and Tim Hardaway . But, the criticism continues never the less . I guess no one wants to hear how Jay Wright stunk his first 3 Years at Nova and was close to being fired . Or, that Coach K stumbled at Duke before he got the Blue Devils into the NCAA Championship hunt . Let’s see what happens this Season before launching the tiresome Fire Mullin , Fire Richmond again .

Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period 2 months 1 week ago #288042

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 243

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: Well, it didn’t take long to dust off the Anti Mullin Propaganda again . No mention of the great off season additions that arguably could result in a Top 5 BE Season or better . It’s unfortunate that many Posters don’t have a better appreciation of the stature that Chris Mullin earned as the Greatest Redmen Player ever . Nor , his HOF career in the NBA or 2 Time Dream Team Olympian . With Teammates like Larry Bird , Michael Jordan , Magic Johnson , etc . Nor , not 1 mention of the Coaches that Mullin played for , Lou C, Don Nelson , Bobby Knight , Chuck Daley , Larry Bird and some I have forgotten . And , played along side Richmond and Tim Hardaway . But, the criticism continues never the less . I guess no one wants to hear how Jay Wright stunk his first 3 Years at Nova and was close to being fired . Or, that Coach K stumbled at Duke before he got the Blue Devils into the NCAA Championship hunt . Let’s see what happens this Season before launching the tiresome Fire Mullin , Fire Richmond again .

You are a product of your resume. We all know Mullin the player was a legend. But Mullin the coach? What does he have to show for 3 full years? We are in a rock bottom era I believe in program history. To not be mediocre but awful for 3 years now is not a deserving resume...should go without saying. Totally speculating here but it seems Matt A. is working his arse off and so is St. Jean. Mitch doesn't appear to be doing much of anything and Mullin is skipping meetings and is not nearly as front and center recruiting as he should be. The only way you can question Mullin critics at this point is if you're too biased...in a rose-colored shades way. He deserves this season and even without Heron being eligible or Rice coming this should be an NCAA team because of how weak the conference is. His job should be determined by if he makes the tourney or not. Simple as that. NIT is not good enough in a very weak year for conference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period 2 months 1 week ago #288045

• mattc
  • Thank you received: 143

Mike Zaun wrote:

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: Well, it didn’t take long to dust off the Anti Mullin Propaganda again . No mention of the great off season additions that arguably could result in a Top 5 BE Season or better . It’s unfortunate that many Posters don’t have a better appreciation of the stature that Chris Mullin earned as the Greatest Redmen Player ever . Nor , his HOF career in the NBA or 2 Time Dream Team Olympian . With Teammates like Larry Bird , Michael Jordan , Magic Johnson , etc . Nor , not 1 mention of the Coaches that Mullin played for , Lou C, Don Nelson , Bobby Knight , Chuck Daley , Larry Bird and some I have forgotten . And , played along side Richmond and Tim Hardaway . But, the criticism continues never the less . I guess no one wants to hear how Jay Wright stunk his first 3 Years at Nova and was close to being fired . Or, that Coach K stumbled at Duke before he got the Blue Devils into the NCAA Championship hunt . Let’s see what happens this Season before launching the tiresome Fire Mullin , Fire Richmond again .

You are a product of your resume. We all know Mullin the player was a legend. But Mullin the coach? What does he have to show for 3 full years? We are in a rock bottom era I believe in program history. To not be mediocre but awful for 3 years now is not a deserving resume...should go without saying. Totally speculating here but it seems Matt A. is working his arse off and so is St. Jean. Mitch doesn't appear to be doing much of anything and Mullin is skipping meetings and is not nearly as front and center recruiting as he should be. The only way you can question Mullin critics at this point is if you're too biased...in a rose-colored shades way. He deserves this season and even without Heron being eligible or Rice coming this should be an NCAA team because of how weak the conference is. His job should be determined by if he makes the tourney or not. Simple as that. NIT is not good enough in a very weak year for conference.

What do any of these two posts have to do with anything? This thread was quiet for four weeks and then a couple posters put out that our staff is headed to Canada. I'm not a moderator but sheesh, get back on point. I don't want to speak for the entire board here, but let's give the Mullin stuff a rest for a while for once. Nobody had brought it up again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, Section3, kranmars, Paultzman, SJU85, IDRAFT, Frank61, capmaker, bamafan, Knight and 3 other people also said thanks.

Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period 2 months 1 week ago #288046

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4499
Love or hate Mullin, it is nonsensical to keep regurgitating conspiracy theories, calling for his immediate dismissal & being oblivious to fact that no one is influenced one way or other by repetitive trash. No mas! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, Tonyinfairfield , Frank61, capmaker, Tom in Salem, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period 2 months 1 week ago #288048

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 116
Agree lets all get off this wagon. THINGS are looking up lets all enjoy the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie, Mike Zaun

Coaching Activity During Quiet Recruiting Period 2 months 1 week ago #288050

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1445

There wasnt a negative thing said on this thread in over a month until you brought it up
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, kranmars, Paultzman, Frank61, capmaker, Tom in Salem, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth