Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: READ THIS - YOUR PRIVILEGE TO POST MAY BE IN JEOPARDY

READ THIS - YOUR PRIVILEGE TO POST MAY BE IN JEOPARDY 2 months 1 week ago #284564

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 185
I think the courtesy should extend both ways. Mods have a tough job, no doubt and I think some of the moves like removing certain members who purposefully tried insulting people and causing an entire scene that had zero to do with SJ hoops was very beneficial. Paul didn't have to give me another chance, it's his forum at the end of the day so I respect him for that. I never purposely try to repeat myself or offend anyone...these days anyway.

That being said, has anyone familiarized themselves with the Stanford Prison Experiment? Basically, if you give people power they get power hungry and enjoy sticking it to people...even if they are your typical nice guy to begin with. The guards micromanaged even the menial things, not because they were a big deal but because they enjoyed the power. The guards were not conscious of this and many of them were utterly shocked when they saw themselves on tape and what they turned into. All I mean by that is that the pendulum can swing too far in the other direction sometimes and hopefully that doesn't happen. I think both posters and mods have a responsibility to be civil and fair...a respectful PM would go a long way IMO e.g. "Hey, I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but in the future can you please avoid posting about______? The posts seem to be a bit redundant". When I'm at work and I need to correct a staff member, I'd never do it in the hallway in front of people. I'd pull them aside in private and ask to speak with them.

Hopefully we can all be respectful towards each other (myself included) and I will try to avoid being Joey two-times (or 10x). I appreciate what the mods do...no one has to take my advice obviously just some ideas on how to keep both sides happy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Zaun.
  • Page:
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth