Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Homeland And All Things Maher

Mjmaherjr on Mullin 3 months 6 days ago #284568

  • OLV72
  • OLV72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1233
  • Thank you received: 157

Class of 72 wrote:

Moose wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

JackofVirginia wrote:

OLV72 wrote: Mike, as you know, AA is a very nice guy. He’s hoping to play in Italy. I wished him well and told him 114 fans appreciated his effort and how he supported his team.

The guy has a lot going for him with his outgoing personality. I think he has a great future - better than most graduates.

And yeah, he seemed to enjoy Belmont.

Also - Saratoga has nothing over Belmont besides it’s close proximity to the Malta Diner.



Surely you jest regarding Belmont and Saratoga.


I think you will be seeing many more St. John's fans at Belmont in the future. Wait until the new Nets arena is built. It may serve as a 3rd home for the redmen.


The way we are going it might end up replacing MSG


The new Islanders Arena will be 15 minutes down the Grand Central from campus. Closer to SJU than DePaul's downtown Chicago arena. Many Queens and Long Island fans will also love the easy commute. As long as we don't continue to trend downward the playing options will be many in the future.


St johns playing at Belmont ? Maybe Mike Maher will actually make a non MSG game
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mjmaherjr on Mullin 3 months 6 days ago #284569

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9745
  • Thank you received: 1410

OLV72 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

Moose wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

JackofVirginia wrote:

OLV72 wrote: Mike, as you know, AA is a very nice guy. He’s hoping to play in Italy. I wished him well and told him 114 fans appreciated his effort and how he supported his team.

The guy has a lot going for him with his outgoing personality. I think he has a great future - better than most graduates.

And yeah, he seemed to enjoy Belmont.

Also - Saratoga has nothing over Belmont besides it’s close proximity to the Malta Diner.



Surely you jest regarding Belmont and Saratoga.


I think you will be seeing many more St. John's fans at Belmont in the future. Wait until the new Nets arena is built. It may serve as a 3rd home for the redmen.


The way we are going it might end up replacing MSG


The new Islanders Arena will be 15 minutes down the Grand Central from campus. Closer to SJU than DePaul's downtown Chicago arena. Many Queens and Long Island fans will also love the easy commute. As long as we don't continue to trend downward the playing options will be many in the future.


St johns playing at Belmont ? Maybe Mike Maher will actually make a non MSG game

That would be an easy bet ( pun intended ) if they had backrests and AC :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OLV72

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Staff Change 3 months 4 days ago #284799

  • gman
  • gman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2939
  • Thank you received: 198
Late night trip to Little V’s tonight :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Staff Change 3 months 3 days ago #284836

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4662
  • Thank you received: 271
Home for mother's day? that's nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Staff Change 3 months 3 days ago #284841

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9745
  • Thank you received: 1410

gman wrote: Late night trip to Little V’s tonight :)

which bar were you at before Little Vincents ? Love the cold cheese slice there

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Staff Change 3 months 3 days ago #284853

  • gman
  • gman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2939
  • Thank you received: 198

mjmaherjr wrote:

gman wrote: Late night trip to Little V’s tonight :)

which bar were you at before Little Vincents ? Love the cold cheese slice there


Was at a wedding
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Staff Change 2 months 4 weeks ago #285218

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9745
  • Thank you received: 1410
Ok this is real weird but this morning on the today show I heard Yannie and now I hear Laurel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Staff Change 2 months 4 weeks ago #285231

  • simplyred
  • simplyred's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2664
  • Thank you received: 56
I heard Yanni numerous times on my iphone. Then I heard Laurel on my iPad. Went back to the phone and heard Laurel. Now I only hear Laurel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Staff Change 2 months 3 weeks ago #285549

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9745
  • Thank you received: 1410
Not sure what I was thinking but ordered the lobster roll from Finley’s in Huntington and it was a Clawtastrophe. You gotta have good bread but if their goal was to have a thick ass almost pretzel like bun so thick and dry the sole aim was to force you to drink a 2nd glass of beer just to swallow it then they succeeded in extracting that next 8 bucks out of me. 6 claw rating and the only reason they get that much is because they had 4 different IPAs on tap
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Staff Change 2 months 3 weeks ago #285551

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2156
  • Thank you received: 1085

mjmaherjr wrote: Not sure what I was thinking but ordered the lobster roll from Finley’s in Huntington and it was a Clawtastrophe. You gotta have good bread but if their goal was to have a thick ass almost pretzel like bun so thick and dry the sole aim was to force you to drink a 2nd glass of beer just to swallow it then they succeeded in extracting that next 8 bucks out of me. 6 claw rating and the only reason they get that much is because they had 4 different IPAs on tap


Don’t complain Mike. At least they gave you an excuse to have that 2nd glass!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth