Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New York Mets-2018

New York Mets-2018 5 months 2 weeks ago #279698

• sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 180
Given that Knight has created a Yankees thread. I figured that our 1st Place Mets :cheer: deserved a spot. LGM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, Andrew, Spocky Ramone, Knight, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New York Mets-2018 5 months 2 weeks ago #279711

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 49
Yes, so far, so good, for the most part. Offense has been pretty good, although it’s ok to give Harvey some runs now and again. Hopefully the 2 runs on 2 homeruns scoring is a thing of the past. Nimmo’s been a pain for the opposition, always on base. Great to see Conforto back and raking in game 1. Great job by the staff from a runs allowed perspective, but... as always, way too many pitches too early in the game for the starters, they need to cut down on the pitch counts. Also, Calloway driving me nuts with the bullpen usage. Will anybody have anything left by the All Star game? Couldn’t leave Blevins in for one more batter with no on, 2 out, 6 run lead. And then 1/3 of an inning for Gsellman? Yeah, tomorrow’s a day off, but come on.
Watching out for a sunny day where there’s
Love and darkness and my sidearm
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

New York Mets-2018 5 months 2 weeks ago #279712

• sjc88

Spocky Ramone wrote: Yes, so far, so good, for the most part. Offense has been pretty good, although it’s ok to give Harvey some runs now and again. Hopefully the 2 runs on 2 homeruns scoring is a thing of the past. Nimmo’s been a pain for the opposition, always on base. Great to see Conforto back and raking in game 1. Great job by the staff from a runs allowed perspective, but... as always, way too many pitches too early in the game for the starters, they need to cut down on the pitch counts. Also, Calloway driving me nuts with the bullpen usage. Will anybody have anything left by the All Star game? Couldn’t leave Blevins in for one more batter with no on, 2 out, 6 run lead. And then 1/3 of an inning for Gsellman? Yeah, tomorrow’s a day off, but come on.

Early but some positive signs. Mets need to stay healthy. I thought the exact same thing about Nimmo. He has an uncanny ability to get on base. Walks, hit by pitch twice already and then he steps off the bench today and rips a double. As for the bullpen, they will need more length from their starters than the last couple of days. The days off will bail him out but sooner or later... All positive at 5-1 today though. Very few complaints but the long season has begun.

New York Mets-2018 5 months 2 weeks ago #279793

• Jack Williams
  • Thank you received: 26
Conforto !! Great to see that yesterday. Great start, can't get too excited yet. I remember all too well 5-6 years ago when the Mets started 10-0 and then lost 11 of the next 12 or something and didn't even sniff the playoffs

New York Mets-2018 5 months 2 weeks ago #279897

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1575
Excellent start but being a Met fan is like being a St Johns fan. We are always waiting for something bad to happen. But it's been real enjoyable so far. Nimmo has surprised me the most and lots of production from him and Lagares
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars

New York Mets-2018 5 months 2 weeks ago #279931

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 49
The positive spin is that we never have to wait too long!
Watching out for a sunny day where there’s
Love and darkness and my sidearm

New York Mets-2018 5 months 2 weeks ago #279938

• sjc88

mjmaherjr wrote: Excellent start but being a Met fan is like being a St Johns fan. We are always waiting for something bad to happen. But it's been real enjoyable so far. Nimmo has surprised me the most and lots of production from him and Lagares

Hey at least you don't have to worry about Jacob deGrom transferring! :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, JackofVirginia, Andrew, Chicago Days

New York Mets-2018 5 months 1 week ago #280013

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1575
Excellent win today !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Paultzman, sjc88, Andrew

New York Mets-2018 5 months 1 week ago #280015

• sjc88

mjmaherjr wrote: Excellent win today !!!

Very nice. Good early season win. We have set a nice early season tone. Callaway has brought a whole different vibe to this team. Would really be something going if we can sweep them tomorrow night. LGM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Andrew

New York Mets-2018 5 months 1 week ago #280059

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 311
I never thought I would be saying great base running by Cabrera today. Team seems to real have bought into new manager. Refreshing change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth