Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Yankees - 2018

Yankees - 2018 1 week 4 days ago #290023

• SJU14
  • Thank you received: 95

oldschool Redmen wrote: Before todays game, Yanks were 29 games over, Baltimore 41 under.
I was thinking hopefully a sweep, but we lose game 1, wtffffff.
This should piss every yankee fan off. Boston is 9-1 vs. them, Yanks 3-4 vs. them.
That's a huge wtffffffffffffff, and don't give me that "oh the sky is falling sarcasism BS.
Since the Yankee series I believe Boston hasn't lost a game.

Yanks gotta take 3 of 4 at minimum vs. Baltimore, you cannot split with a team 40 games under when fight for 1st with boston, Resdox are putting pressure on us, and are opening a little lead.

As I type this, Boston is winning again, 2-0 top of the 6th.

Baseball is all about hot and cold streaks. Just like the Yankees had a big hot streak a month ago, the BoSox are on one now. That’s just how baseball works. I think the two teams will keep being within a few games of each other for the rest of the season and it’ll come down to the wire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2018 1 week 3 days ago #290024

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 281
Yankees still have 5 games in hand. How the hell is that still possible.

Yankees - 2018 1 week 3 days ago #290026

• capmaker
  • Thank you received: 48
2018 AL East Standings
TEAM W L PCT GB STRK
Boston 63 29 .685 - W7
New York 59 30 .663 2.5 W1
Tampa Bay 46 44 .511 16 W3
Toronto 41 48 .461 20.5 L2
Baltimore 25 66 .275 37.5 L1

Yankees - 2018 1 week 3 days ago #290072

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 135
No better then a split vs. a team that's 40under, Yanks don't want 1st, so f it, let boston get it.

Maybe they'll want 1st in August, just hope it isn't to late by then. Oh well.
Meanwhile Boston wins again 3 1/5

I'm disgusted with being 4-5 vs a team that's 40under, everyone else beats them but not the Yanks, and with Sonny pitching tomorrow they'll take 3 of 4 vs. the Yanks, that's sad

Yankees - 2018 1 week 3 days ago #290073

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 100

oldschool Redmen wrote: No better then a split vs. a team that's 40under, Yanks don't want 1st, so f it, let boston get it.

Maybe they'll want 1st in August, just hope it isn't to late by then. Oh well.
Meanwhile Boston wins again 3 1/5

I'm disgusted with being 4-5 vs a team that's 40under, everyone else beats them but not the Yanks, and with Sonny pitching tomorrow they'll take 3 of 4 vs. the Yanks, that's sad

Gleyber Torres may be not playing his way into MVP discussion. 10-9 before he got the call up this year, and 3-3 since going on the DL (he's also only been on the active roster for two games vs. the Orioles this year, both of which the Yankees won). Yankees need him back, and soon. Gary Sanchez, too. His defensive problems don't look so bad right now, does it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Yankees - 2018 1 week 1 day ago #290141

• Tonyinfairfield
  • Thank you received: 55
Who was that pitcher on the mound last night for the Yankees? I know he was wearing number 55, but that’s Sonny Gray’s number. With the way that guy pitched last night, no way was that Sonny Gray! Cashman must have pulled a trade for a decent pitcher and didn’t tell anyone! :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

Yankees - 2018 1 week 1 day ago #290147

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 440

Tonyinfairfield wrote: Who was that pitcher on the mound last night for the Yankees? I know he was wearing number 55, but that’s Sonny Gray’s number. With the way that guy pitched last night, no way was that Sonny Gray! Cashman must have pulled a trade for a decent pitcher and didn’t tell anyone! :-)

He pitched well albeit against a team that finally played like the team they are, the worst in baseball. Do it against the Bosox or Stros. I don't care if he pitches a no-hitter every start he makes the rest of the season I don't want to see him start a post season game. Think he will choke in a big spot-spit the bit as George used to say.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

Yankees - 2018 1 week 1 day ago #290153

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 281

bamafan wrote:

Tonyinfairfield wrote: Who was that pitcher on the mound last night for the Yankees? I know he was wearing number 55, but that’s Sonny Gray’s number. With the way that guy pitched last night, no way was that Sonny Gray! Cashman must have pulled a trade for a decent pitcher and didn’t tell anyone! :-)

He pitched well albeit against a team that finally played like the team they are, the worst in baseball. Do it against the Bosox or Stros. I don't care if he pitches a no-hitter every start he makes the rest of the season I don't want to see him start a post season game. Think he will choke in a big spot-spit the bit as George used to say.

The Yankees surprisingly have a bad record against teams under 500. So if all of his wins come against teams under 500 it helps the cause.

Yankees - 2018 1 week 1 day ago #290170

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 135

bamafan wrote:

Bama only the yanks can make a shit team look like they're playoff contenders, it burns me.
Yeah they're making their millions so they're happy, while we go to work everyday for 5 days, so wtf should I care.
They're living the good life, but in the end i always do care.

Here's a prediction, Baltomore will lose the last 4 before the break. Proven that everyone beats them down, besides the yanks.

Last edit: by oldschool Redmen.

Yankees - 2018 1 week 1 day ago #290172

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 133

bamafan wrote:

Gray gave up 2 runs in six innings earlier this year against both the Indians and Astros. I too don’t want to see hm on the mound in the post season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth