Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Yankees - 2018

Yankees - 2018 2 months 1 week ago #287802

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7784
  • Thank you received: 325

Delaware wrote: Scary that tonight's offense is what we'll see from the Yankees in any playoffs. Too many holes in the lineup and they couldn't do anything against the Rays pitching. Suspect the Yanks will really struggle against the Mets starters this weekend.


Talk about overreaction?
They struggled against a rookie pitcher they have never seen before.
I mean they team is one of the two best teams in baseball and leads the league in HRs practically 1st in runs scored and after winning a 13 inning game you worry about what their bats will do in the postseason?

SMH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2018 2 months 1 week ago #287803

  • fordham96
  • fordham96's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 780
  • Thank you received: 446

Moose wrote:

Delaware wrote: Scary that tonight's offense is what we'll see from the Yankees in any playoffs. Too many holes in the lineup and they couldn't do anything against the Rays pitching. Suspect the Yanks will really struggle against the Mets starters this weekend.


Talk about overreaction?
They struggled against a rookie pitcher they have never seen before.
I mean they team is one of the two best teams in baseball and leads the league in HRs practically 1st in runs scored and after winning a 13 inning game you worry about what their bats will do in the postseason?

SMH


And Gary Sanchez is way too good of a hitter to be struggling as much as he is. Got to be believe he will break out. Didi too is in a major slump and yet they keep winning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2018 2 months 1 week ago #287808

  • Rob
  • Rob's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 442
  • Thank you received: 69
As a SJU/Yankee fan I’ve learned to enjoy having a really good team without quibbling over the minor warts that arise every season for any professional team. No team is perfect, but I’ve seen the other side of the coin too often with SJU to not enjoy the Yanks having a young powerhouse that looks like it will continue being a force going forward, much like the Yanks have been as a franchise for the past 25 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, frank61, bamafan, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2018 2 months 1 week ago #287809

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 998
  • Thank you received: 972
Amen to Rob's post. Yanks have served as a much needed counterbalance to my Johnnies and Knicks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2018 2 months 1 week ago #287821

  • oldschool Redmen
  • oldschool Redmen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2025
  • Thank you received: 142
Big win last night by the yanks, boston won so it would have been 2.
Yanks are idle and Detroit is Boston, Sox will most likely win

This weekend yeah we got the mets, but the garbage white sox go to boston and they'll lose all 3.
Just want to stay real close to them.

With Monty having Tommy John surgury, it's even more important to get another sp, can't trust German. Real glad Gray looks like he has settled in finally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2018 2 months 1 week ago #287892

  • Tonyinfairfield
  • Tonyinfairfield 's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2373
  • Thank you received: 60
Not looking forward to Yankees - Mets this weekend. I'm tired of this series. Should be done every few years, not every year. And when will MLB finally get it right and not play by two different sets of rules, whether you're in the AL or NL? If the NL does not want the DH, then let them not use one when they play in AL parks.

But I wonder if DeGrom is going to put on a show for the Yankees? Hmmmm......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2018 2 months 1 week ago #287894

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2712
  • Thank you received: 123

Tonyinfairfield wrote: Not looking forward to Yankees - Mets this weekend. I'm tired of this series. Should be done every few years, not every year. And when will MLB finally get it right and not play by two different sets of rules, whether you're in the AL or NL? If the NL does not want the DH, then let them not use one when they play in AL parks.

But I wonder if DeGrom is going to put on a show for the Yankees? Hmmmm......


Usually look forward to the Subway Series, but not this weekend. Reason for that is because I hate facing a team that's coming in on a long losing streak. Sooner or later, the Mets are going to win a game, and when that happens, it usually plays out to something like 4 wins out of 5 game.

Dangerous spot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2018 2 months 1 week ago #287937

  • section10
  • section10's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 200
  • Thank you received: 37
boston loses 1 to zip. bookies had boston as -310.

bookies had it right for 7 innings (-105/-105). yankee game.
homers win it again.
good for gardner. rides the bench against some lefties but came through big against the mets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by section10.

Yankees - 2018 2 months 6 days ago #287959

  • JackofVirginia
  • JackofVirginia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2570
  • Thank you received: 150

fordham96 wrote:

Moose wrote:

Delaware wrote: Scary that tonight's offense is what we'll see from the Yankees in any playoffs. Too many holes in the lineup and they couldn't do anything against the Rays pitching. Suspect the Yanks will really struggle against the Mets starters this weekend.


Talk about overreaction?
They struggled against a rookie pitcher they have never seen before.
I mean they team is one of the two best teams in baseball and leads the league in HRs practically 1st in runs scored and after winning a 13 inning game you worry about what their bats will do in the postseason?

SMH


And Gary Sanchez is way too good of a hitter to be struggling as much as he is. Got to be believe he will break out. Didi too is in a major slump and yet they keep winning.




Just keep feeding Sanchez sliders outside and his average will stay below .200.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2018 2 months 6 days ago #287962

  • JackofVirginia
  • JackofVirginia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2570
  • Thank you received: 150

Tonyinfairfield wrote: Not looking forward to Yankees - Mets this weekend. I'm tired of this series. Should be done every few years, not every year. And when will MLB finally get it right and not play by two different sets of rules, whether you're in the AL or NL? If the NL does not want the DH, then let them not use one when they play in AL parks.

But I wonder if DeGrom is going to put on a show for the Yankees? Hmmmm......






Dream on, you are not getting deGrom in this lifetime unless you are willing to give up Torres, Torryess, Frazier and Sheffield.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth