Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Providence vs Villanova

Providence vs Villanova 3 months 1 week ago #276314

• Adam
  • Thank you received: 36
With how good BET attendance has been this year, I'm not concerned. We sold out 3 of the 5 sessions. The Big Ten sold out only one session I believe (the semis). I think our first round session had higher attendance than their finals. I saw the stats somewhere and if I was on my pc would post them.

As for the ACC, I'd bet they had good attendance with how the matchups went. But MSG wants a conference to commit every single year, which the ACC won't do. If BET attendance wasn't great and the ACC asked MSG to host every year, then yes I'd be concerned despite our long term MSG contract.

This was really the first year I didn't feel nervous about our conference. I mean, we're going to have two freaking #1 seeds, 6/7 teams in the tournament yet again, a sold out conference tournament, etc. What more could you ask for? I do still feel nervous about St. John's, but the Big East? No.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, PharmaJohnny, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Providence vs Villanova 3 months 1 week ago #276320

• SLYFOXX1968
  • SLYFOXX1968's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 153
It’s funny to see/hear ACC people throw words around as their tournament is the Mecca tournament of college B.B. Hah . The BE is arguably the best , most competitive conference in America , bar none . And , we play it in the real Mecca , Madison Sq Garden , not a sidebar Barclay’s Center .,Nova and Xavier will likely be 1 seeds . Virginia a 1 and Kansas a 1 . 2 BE teams , 1 ACC and 1 Big 12 .We are the Beast .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Providence vs Villanova 3 months 1 week ago #276321

• SLYFOXX1968
I am a Mullin loyalist and while I think Chris is all Class too, the rest of the College B.B. World will see it soon, next year for instance . I loved Mullin’s post Xavier game comment , “ I didn’t see anything .” Referring to the hand shake line . Unlike Mack who yapped his mouth and pointer fingers .

Providence vs Villanova 3 months 1 week ago #276322

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 626

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: It’s funny to see/hear ACC people throw words around as their tournament is the Mecca tournament of college B.B. Hah . The BE is arguably the best , most competitive conference in America , bar none . And , we play it in the real Mecca , Madison Sq Garden , not a sidebar Barclay’s Center .,Nova and Xavier will likely be 1 seeds . Virginia a 1 and Kansas a 1 . 2 BE teams , 1 ACC and 1 Big 12 .We are the Beast .

All i know is that this conference drags itself to Brooklyn to try to increase exposure. Yep all those schools with southern students and alumni that hate Yankees, yet root for players from our backyards who wear their uniforms. Pathetic losers who still fight the civil war in their minds
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLYFOXX1968, Chicago Days

Providence vs Villanova 3 months 1 week ago #276323

• SLYFOXX1968
Right you are CD.. we need a bruiser who can play underneath and bump guysbout of the way . Even Bullock was tossed around like a doll by Spillman and Paschall .

Providence vs Villanova 3 months 1 week ago #276325

• Chicago Days
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 844
Ugh red. That’s my fear. Hope they stay down along ‘tobacco road’. Damn, I view the 18,0000+ for Duke/Carolina game on Friday night as a threat to St. John’s and the BE—because it creates ‘recruiting buzz’ and plants the notion—‘see your folks can see you play for the ACC Championship right here in your hometown, Brooklyn.’
Th Big Ten creeping around also unnerves me.
Somehow the A10 doesn’t spook me.
Anyway, let’s keep the recruiting buzz on the Johnnies and the Big East.

Providence vs Villanova 3 months 1 week ago #276329

• Class of 72
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1193

Chicago Days wrote: Ugh red. That’s my fear. Hope they stay down along ‘tobacco road’. Damn, I view the 18,0000+ for Duke/Carolina game on Friday night as a threat to St. John’s and the BE—because it creates ‘recruiting buzz’ and plants the notion—‘see your folks can see you play for the ACC Championship right here in your hometown, Brooklyn.’

I doubt that the ACC and Big Ten will be anticipating returning to NYC for their tournament any time soon. Other than the Duke-North Carolina game where both have sizable NY area alums, the other schools , maybe except for fading Cuse, have no real desire to play in Brooklyn. The BIG will never want to move up its tourney again.
The most important thing is that St. John's recruits well and returns to the upper 5 in the Big East in NYC because New Yorkers support winners even if they are not alums.
Next year Mullin needs to fast track the process.

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, mjmaherjr, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Providence vs Villanova 3 months 1 week ago #276330

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 626

Chicago Days wrote: Ugh red. That’s my fear. Hope they stay down along ‘tobacco road’. Damn, I view the 18,0000+ for Duke/Carolina game on Friday night as a threat to St. John’s and the BE—because it creates ‘recruiting buzz’ and plants the notion—‘see your folks can see you play for the ACC Championship right here in your hometown, Brooklyn.’

Sadly if our fans could fill th e Garden for every home game there nearly every game would have the sn edgy of the BET. RECRUITING WOULD GET A HUGE BOOST. Chicken and egg

Providence vs Villanova 3 months 1 week ago #276362

• redken
  • Thank you received: 405

Class of 72 wrote:

I doubt that the ACC and Big Ten will be anticipating returning to NYC for their tournament any time soon. Other than the Duke-North Carolina game where both have sizable NY area alums, the other schools , maybe except for fading Cuse, have no real desire to play in Brooklyn. The BIG will never want to move up its tourney again.
The most important thing is that St. John's recruits well and returns to the upper 5 in the Big East in NYC because New Yorkers support winners even if they are not alums.
Next year Mullin needs to fast track the process.

The Big 10 (can't get used to the BIG logo) will be dividing their next four post-season tournaments between Chicago and Indianapolis ... which is how it should be for their fans.

Last edit: by redken.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth