Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: D1 Coaching Changes

D1 Coaching Changes 5 months 5 days ago #276187

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1445

otis wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Saw @Maxcupdated
Due to the most recent news of Kevin Ollie getting fired James Akinjo will be decommitting from the university of Connecticut an reopening his recruiting

I don't know anything about James Akinjo but there is no player in the world I would like StJohns to sign more than a Yukon de-commit.

My prediction remains that Sid Wilson's career will mirror Doug Wiggins.

The irony with Wilson is that the handler delivered him to Ollie and staff who will be gone. The new staff may want to distance itself from that arrangement. Karma is a real bitch in this case.

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RM86, SJU85, panther2, Tom in Salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

D1 Coaching Changes 5 months 5 days ago #276188

• Las Vegan
  • Thank you received: 59
I'm certain the President, AD and past and present staff at UConn are shocked, just shocked, to learn of the tampering, payoffs, illegal contacts, etc., connected with their basketball team. What a nest of vipers. In addition to Wiggins and Wilson, they purloined Nadov Henifeld (sp), the post player, from Israel, that was thought to be headed to SJU.

D1 Coaching Changes 5 months 5 days ago #276192

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 122
What makes this firing even better is that the Conn AD and other big shots are going to try to avoid paying Ollie their contractual obligations not because of buying recruits but some illegal practices he might have held.
All prospective new hires had better be aware how they operate in Storrs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

D1 Coaching Changes 5 months 5 days ago #276196

• SJU14
  • Thank you received: 99

Enright wrote: What makes this firing even better is that the Conn AD and other big shots are going to try to avoid paying Ollie their contractual obligations not because of buying recruits but some illegal practices he might have held.
All prospective new hires had better be aware how they operate in Storrs.

Not only that, but now these allegations brought up will affect the program moving forward and not the past coaching staff, correct?

D1 Coaching Changes 5 months 5 days ago #276197

• SJ_NYC
  • Thank you received: 32

Enright wrote: Just read a post by Adam Zagoria that the Conn program has suffered recruiting wise because it no longer plays SYR , Geo , or SJU and doesn't play at MSG.
They must be kept out of the big east and let them fade into oblivion.

This.

D1 Coaching Changes 5 months 5 days ago #276201

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 180

Class of 72 wrote:

otis wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Saw @Maxcupdated
Due to the most recent news of Kevin Ollie getting fired James Akinjo will be decommitting from the university of Connecticut an reopening his recruiting

I don't know anything about James Akinjo but there is no player in the world I would like StJohns to sign more than a Yukon de-commit.

My prediction remains that Sid Wilson's career will mirror Doug Wiggins.

The irony with Wilson is that the handler delivered him to Ollie and staff who will be gone. The new staff may want to distance itself from that arrangement. Karma is a real bitch in this case.

www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/r.../222169/james-akinjo

Nothing special. 6'0 guard. These bums at Yukon don't even have anything worth poaching! Now if kid was a 6'9 big....

D1 Coaching Changes 5 months 5 days ago #276203

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1410
If Larrier didnt plan on going pro would have loved to pick him up for a year
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

D1 Coaching Changes 5 months 5 days ago #276209

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 286

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: “The Evil that Men do , lives after them , the good is often interred with their bones .” The whole UCONN story starts with Calhoun and the stuff he pulled all the Years ago . Ollie was a part of that legacy . Jimbo got away with murder in terms of player recruiting and his ethics were 1 paragraph long . Maybe ! Doug Wiggins ? Sid Wilson ? We remember the poaching . Wiggins proved to be a nothing and who knows about Wilson . Doesn’t he get a chance to transfer now , without penalty ? UCONN is now in a second tier league because they got greedy and arrogant . They thought they were going to waltz into the ACC . But, weren’t invited . They can only wish they were still part of the BE .But, no way will they return . Ever ! These days they can’t even beat SMU , Memphis , Tulane ,etc . They dug their own grave . Their obnoxiousfans can jump in .. It’s a blessing they don’t strut around MSG anymore .

I just hope the BE powers to be do not allow UConn to return - on WFAN this week one college BBall bigwig spoke how good that would be to see UConn back in our league - I also recall one of the WFAN broadcasters agreeing!
:ohmy:
Keep them
Out!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerseyshorejohnny, Chicago Days

Last edit: by Sherman, Sheridan & Grant.

D1 Coaching Changes 5 months 5 days ago #276212

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1085

Sherman, Sheridan & Grant wrote:

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: “The Evil that Men do , lives after them , the good is often interred with their bones .” The whole UCONN story starts with Calhoun and the stuff he pulled all the Years ago . Ollie was a part of that legacy . Jimbo got away with murder in terms of player recruiting and his ethics were 1 paragraph long . Maybe ! Doug Wiggins ? Sid Wilson ? We remember the poaching . Wiggins proved to be a nothing and who knows about Wilson . Doesn’t he get a chance to transfer now , without penalty ? UCONN is now in a second tier league because they got greedy and arrogant . They thought they were going to waltz into the ACC . But, weren’t invited . They can only wish they were still part of the BE .But, no way will they return . Ever ! These days they can’t even beat SMU , Memphis , Tulane ,etc . They dug their own grave . Their obnoxiousfans can jump in .. It’s a blessing they don’t strut around MSG anymore .

I just hope the BE powers to be do not allow UConn to return - on WFAN this week one college BBall bigwig spoke how good that would be to see UConn back in our league - I also recall one of the WFAN broadcasters agreeing!
:ohmy:
Keep them
Out!

“Out!” Indeed. The BE was their ticket to the top. They left for ‘Football Millions.” Horrible fans, irascible old former coach (JC), sleazy under-handled charlatans. They’re out. Keep them out. And I pray they don’t get anybody capable of reviving their odious program.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, SLYFOXX1968

D1 Coaching Changes 5 months 5 days ago #276218

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 122
It's not that long ago Conn was thrilled to be leaving the big east which they said was dead and joining the AAC which was a big step up from the big east they thought.
Now they will do anything to get back in the big east even if they have to desert the AAC who they couldn't care less about.
They are only interested in the big east because all their efforts to join the ACC have been rebuffed. If the big east is dumb enough to take them they will continue to attempt to get into the ACC and fight any penalty they agreed to pay the big east if the ACC took them. They are the epitomy of dishonesty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth