Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 4 months 3 hours ago #273395

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 104
Willard is probably finished because the NCAA will do everything it can to protect Coach K , Williams , Izzo etc and he is not a big enough fish so he will be a scapegoat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 4 months 3 hours ago #273396

• we are sju
  • Thank you received: 162

Enright wrote: Willard is probably finished because the NCAA will do everything it can to protect Coach K , Williams , Izzo etc and he is not a big enough fish so he will be a scapegoat.

With everything going on at Michigan State I can see Izzo getting fired

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 4 months 1 hour ago #273415

• austour
  • Thank you received: 209

OLV72 wrote: So UConn is not on the list and yet they find themselves under an NCAA investigation for recruiting.

Last edit: by austour.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 4 months 33 minutes ago #273419

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 152

Enright wrote: Willard is probably finished because the NCAA will do everything it can to protect Coach K , Williams , Izzo etc and he is not a big enough fish so he will be a scapegoat.

If Willard is finished, things could get real ugly soon
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 4 months 14 minutes ago #273425

• gman
  • Thank you received: 165
Unless they can prove the schools and coaches knew this isn’t that big of a bombshell. My guess is the coaches at the least turned a blind eye. They schools will lose some wins off the record and things will move along. I’m sure some coaches will be scapegoats which is unfortunate for them. This could set back a program like Seton Hall but it won’t end them.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 3 months 4 weeks ago #273493

• gman
  • Thank you received: 165

gman wrote: Unless they can prove the schools and coaches knew this isn’t that big of a bombshell. My guess is the coaches at the least turned a blind eye. They schools will lose some wins off the record and things will move along. I’m sure some coaches will be scapegoats which is unfortunate for them. This could set back a program like Seton Hall but it won’t end them.

Miller being tied directly is more damning

sports.yahoo.com/report-wiretaps-reveal-...agent-033139552.html

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 3 months 4 weeks ago #273531

• otis
  • otis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 154
if the information in the below tweet is correct, the University of Arizona did not want Sean Miller to be afraid of breaking NCAA rules since his contract will provides that he will be paid 85% of his remaining salary if his employment is terminated for cause. The person who made the tweet, Darren Rovel is listed as a business analyst for ESPN so he seemingly has credibility.

Darren Rovell ‏Verified account
@darrenrovell

More
If Sean Miller gets fired for cause, the way Arizona has written his deal, he would still get roughly 85% of the money he has remaining ($10.3M out of $12M). That’s a virtually unprecedented take for a for cause firing. Most coaches get $0.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, panther2, Tom in Salem, JohnnyFan

Last edit: by otis.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 3 months 4 weeks ago #273609

• Sju grad 13
  • Thank you received: 162
I doubt they will fire Willard, But 2 of his three best seasons will be wiped out. And I suspect his already subpar recruiting will only get worse.

At least that removes one tri-State area threat.

Last edit: by Sju grad 13.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 3 months 4 weeks ago #273612

• billthetruth
  • Thank you received: 38
Respectfully disagree GMAN. Miller ain’t only big time coach on wiretaps. FBI has NCAA by the balls in vice grip.

Many big time programs face a lot of trouble

Wire taped recording don’t lie. Ask mafia. That makes all the rats jump ship

A lot of coaches are going to be singing to try to save their own butts
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61, Tom in Salem, bobo

Last edit: by billthetruth.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 3 months 4 weeks ago #273616

• djramps
  • Thank you received: 3
Im so glad to see that the truth is coming out about Seton Hall and Willard. That whole deal with Whitehead and Tiny smelled to the high heavens. He is as shady as they come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, frank61, Andrew

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth