Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 2 months 1 week ago #289991

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 302
Thanks Beast
Lieutenant Joe from Shelter Island RIP
every town has its losses
to complete the story I shared...

my son's friend said upon the explosion the sergeant's last words were "Ohh F..k - pause - I love you guys..."
death is sooo sobering, and we all know this: just enjoy each moment as best we can and as far as a college team we root for, keep it simple and keep it in perspective
Go St. Johns
all the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 2 months 1 week ago #289993

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1262

redken wrote:

Logen wrote:

redken wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote: Not to mention, the Benghazi congressional investigation which was 28 months or currently double the Mueller investigation.

And which produced zero indictments or guilty pleas.

That’s because it wasn’t an investigation.

Well that's how it's referred by media sources as varied as the NY Times and Fox News.

Congress has the power to investigate under its broad power to legislate. It can subpoena and hold in contempt, but it’s powers are limited to its areas of jurisdiction. I believe Federal Attorneys in the Justice Dept would pursue punishment in the Courts on major ‘crimes’. But yeah it is called an ‘investigation’.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Last edit: by Chicago Days.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 2 months 1 week ago #289996

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 965

Sherman, Sheridan & Grant wrote: Thanks Beast
Lieutenant Joe from Shelter Island RIP
every town has its losses
to complete the story I shared...

my son's friend said upon the explosion the sergeant's last words were "Ohh F..k - pause - I love you guys..."
death is sooo sobering, and we all know this: just enjoy each moment as best we can and as far as a college team we root for, keep it simple and keep it in perspective
Go St. Johns
all the best

Lt. Joe is a hero here. I often think that all the fanfare doesn't diminish the fact that in the quiet of the evening, his parents lost a son. The price of war is often devastating for loved ones, no matter what how noble or great the cause.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, Frank61, panther2, Chicago Days

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 2 months 1 week ago #290004

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4951
The following user(s) said Thank You: terrificboss, Chicago Days

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 2 months 1 week ago #290048

• Chicago Days

Paultzman wrote: Worth a read;
www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/07/07...n-college-basketball

Great article, Paultz. Thanks.
I embarked on a Michael McCann 'tutorial' and read two of his other pieces on the issue.
He raises intriguing questions of whether this controversy is 'illegal'--subject to civil or criminal prosecution--or merely 'against' NCAA rules, which are that of a private, voluntary, association of colleges.
IMO, these practices may not be 'crimes'.
And the NCAA does not supervise over a 'level playing field' for all of its members.
As we all know, there are 'elite' members that reap top 5* recruiting classes year-after-year that benefit the NCAA as an institution and the 'rules' are applied differently to these colleges and universities.
But, these practices further 'tilt' the playing field to a bad joke, and are themselves egregious and 'unfair' 'competitive' practices that should be punished 'evenly' by the NCAA. (Notwithstanding the comedy of that assertion.)
So, I come out thinking these practices are not 'criminal' but the schools should be punished by the NCAA for being involved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Frank61

Last edit: by Chicago Days.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 2 months 1 week ago #290117

• Tom in Salem
  • Thank you received: 228
WE ARE BETTER THAN DePAUL

Last edit: by Tom in Salem.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 2 months 1 week ago #290155

• Beast of the East

Tom in Salem wrote: Kansas second school to be subpoenered.

www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/new...-college-basketball/

It would be something if it turns out that Norm isn't so squeaky clean after all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, Tom in Salem, Chicago Days

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 2 months 1 week ago #290157

• Chicago Days

Beast of the East wrote:

It would be something if it turns out that Norm isn't so squeaky clean after all.

Wow. It also may explain at least some of Norm's success at Kansas--stellar beacon of high major college hoops as the program is--$$$$$$'s laundered in 'the cause' sure the hell can 'help' results.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 2 months 1 week ago #290160

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 175

("records responsive to your request" and that it is "cooperating with the government inquiry,")

Long Translation

"We are in receipt of your freedom of information request and have records that are responsive to such request. However we cannot comply with your requests to produce these documents as they are not currently in our possession. They have been legally removed from our premises under a search and seizure order issued by the courts and are currently in the possession of a government entity."

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 2 months 1 week ago #290161

• Beast of the East

Chicago Days wrote:

Beast of the East wrote:

Wow. It also may explain at least some of Norm's success at Kansas--stellar beacon of high major college hoops as the program is--$$$$$$'s laundered in 'the cause' sure the hell can 'help' results.

Red White Club doles out no Green - (to recruits) - that was his biggest problem here.

Last edit: by Beast of the East.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth