Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017-18 Transfers

2017-18 Transfers 3 months 1 week ago #274996

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 1804
  • Thank you received: 808
Apparently, WW was ‘a highly-touted’ freshman but injured most of that year. He had a solid soph season, but has missed most of his junior year, except for 2 games, due to a leg injury. FWIW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017-18 Transfers 3 months 1 week ago #274997

  • Amaseinyourface
  • Amaseinyourface's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2742
  • Thank you received: 44
Go hard after this kid. Don’t wait to see who else opens up. Just go. 13 & 10 plus 58%from the field and mid 70s from the line. All as a sophomore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker, L J S A, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017-18 Transfers 3 months 1 week ago #274998

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3853
  • Thank you received: 279

Paultzman wrote: Per Corey Evans
Wyatt Walker has received his release to transfer. Two years to play and immediately eligible. Averaged over 10 points and six rebounds during each of his seasons at Samford


Why is he immediately eligible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017-18 Transfers 3 months 1 week ago #275013

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4474
  • Thank you received: 821

Knight wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Per Corey Evans
Wyatt Walker has received his release to transfer. Two years to play and immediately eligible. Averaged over 10 points and six rebounds during each of his seasons at Samford


Why is he immediately eligible?


I suppose he took summer classes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017-18 Transfers 3 months 1 week ago #275015

  • MJDinkins
  • MJDinkins's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7427
  • Thank you received: 316

Amaseinyourface wrote: Go hard after this kid. Don’t wait to see who else opens up. Just go. 13 & 10 plus 58%from the field and mid 70s from the line. All as a sophomore.


The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105, capmaker, Amaseinyourface, Andrew, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017-18 Transfers 3 months 1 week ago #275016

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4527
  • Thank you received: 369
Looks like a do it all big, drop step pivot moves, out side shot, especially liked his passing ability. Poor man's Bill Walton. Have to assume will be highly coveted by many high majors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017-18 Transfers 3 months 1 week ago #275018

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 824
  • Thank you received: 695
Samford plays in Southern conference with schools like VMI, Mercer & Wofford, but here are some of his numbers against the better non-conference opponents they played last year:
Sand Diego 16 pts. 15 rebs
Cincy 11 pts. 11 rebs
St. Louis 15 pts 11 rebs
New Mexico State 11 points, 14 rebs.
CTI tournament game against Canisius 23 pts 14 rebs

We should definitely go after this guy if he is healthy and immediately eligible
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, cappy105, Section3, 88grad, L J S A, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days, Sju grad 13

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017-18 Transfers 3 months 1 week ago #275028

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3853
  • Thank you received: 279
Per Rothstein
COLLEGE MEN'S BASKETBALL: Edwardsville's Mark Smith leaving Illinois - "I just don't fit the system" - thetelegraph.com/sports/article… via @altontelegraph


247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/R...one-season-115848178

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Knight.

2017-18 Transfers 3 months 1 week ago #275030

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4474
  • Thank you received: 821

Knight wrote: Per Rothstein
COLLEGE MEN'S BASKETBALL: Edwardsville's Mark Smith leaving Illinois - "I just don't fit the system" - thetelegraph.com/sports/article… via @altontelegraph


247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/R...one-season-115848178


I remember it was a late recruitment. Believe he was sitting on offers until the Illinois one that he was waiting for came. Seton Hall may have been on him at the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017-18 Transfers 3 months 1 week ago #275033

  • JohnnyFan
  • JohnnyFan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2651
  • Thank you received: 509

MJDinkins wrote:

Amaseinyourface wrote: Go hard after this kid. Don’t wait to see who else opens up. Just go. 13 & 10 plus 58%from the field and mid 70s from the line. All as a sophomore.



This is the kid. Highlight videos are no substitute for a staff's due diligence, but what I see here is exactly what we have needed for a long time. I agree with Mase.....would love to see us go all in on this kid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth