Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017-18 Transfers

8 months 2 weeks ago #267841

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 121

where will LOVETT GO not the NBA. I do not see nba teams breaking down our doors for 6 foot guards who play average Defence. Look ,they are both really good but I think their size hurts. They will be guarding 6-4 to 6-7 guards who are quick. Not saying they can not get there but first they have to perform above whether are performing . If they both stay 4 yt and keep improving yes they have a chance for nba , Both could play overseas make some money no problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #267842

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1262
Thinking the longer LoVett and Ponds are injured--the worse our year looks, duh(!)--but also the likelihood grows that both will return next year. Particularly, Marcus. Out a month as is, might be 3 weeks longer or more before he returns. The 'clock' just started with Shamorie--but he was more certain to come back. We shall see.

8 months 2 weeks ago #267845

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 116

Thinking the longer LoVett and Ponds are injured--the worse our year looks, duh(!)--but also the likelihood grows that both will return next year. Particularly, Marcus. Out a month as is, might be 3 weeks longer or more before he returns. The 'clock' just started with Shamorie--but he was more certain to come back. We shall see.

What makes you say it might be three weeks longer or more before LoVett returns?

8 months 2 weeks ago #267846

• MarkRedman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 255

curious why you feel that way? he got offer from Duke and jumped on it. Cant blame him. Although if Ponds and LoVett stay, with our incoming class, I see him as having to fight to start on next years team too. Although he'd get minutes, I still don't see him starting

Have seen him & just don't think he commits to defending, is soft & not worth drama. Moot point since Georgetown appears likely.

I read the same thing, Paultz, but I don't see Ewing putting up with a lot of drama
Kid would have to drastically change his attitude to play at Georgetown

8 months 2 weeks ago #267847

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 4951

curious why you feel that way? he got offer from Duke and jumped on it. Cant blame him. Although if Ponds and LoVett stay, with our incoming class, I see him as having to fight to start on next years team too. Although he'd get minutes, I still don't see him starting

Have seen him & just don't think he commits to defending, is soft & not worth drama. Moot point since Georgetown appears likely.

I read the same thing, Paultz, but I don't see Ewing putting up with a lot of drama
Kid would have to drastically change his attitude to play at Georgetown

Agree, but:

@AdamZagoria
Georgetown is expected to pursue Duke transfer Jordan Tucker, per sources.

@StJohnsBBall won't be involved, per sources.

8 months 2 weeks ago #267862

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1262
Got that from a thread 'whisper' here, a few days ago. I could be way off.

8 months 2 weeks ago #267873

• cappy105
  • Thank you received: 24
Paultz, curious, do you see Trimble back? Aside from all the speculation on Ponds and LoVett ( which i think they both need to come back) I only see Trimble as a guy who is a candidate to transfer.

8 months 2 weeks ago #267875

• Paultzman

Paultz, curious, do you see Trimble back? Aside from all the speculation on Ponds and LoVett ( which i think they both need to come back) I only see Trimble as a guy who is a candidate to transfer.

Too early to guess. In this transfer happy era, I would assume SJU, like most programs, will have some roster movement. Getting a transfer in Dixon & early commitment from Williams may indicate staff was protecting flanks anticipating possible departure of a guard to play for pay, probably LoVett in my opinion. They could then look at Spring player availability pool. That said, long way to go & any roster movement will obviously effect Trimble's view of his PT next year. For now, let's enjoy the season.

8 months 2 weeks ago #267884

• cappy105
  • Thank you received: 24
thx and agree!

8 months 2 weeks ago #268152

• Paultzman
Per Goodman
Missouri freshman guard Blake Harris told ESPN he has received his release and will transfer elsewhere. Heralded recruit out of Chapel Hill.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth