Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017-18 Transfers

2017-18 Transfers 2 weeks 6 days ago #287266

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 253

otis wrote:

RedStormNC wrote: I realize there's technically no limit and definitely don't want to bring a knife to a gun battle...

my question was more along the lines of what can SJU realistically afford in attorney fees to fight this, if supposedly school is in financial challenge ?

$50K, 100K ...more ?

I'm sure they want Heron and willing to hire attorney, just not sure to what degree..

——————————

St. john’s Must ask itself if wants to be a “prime time paogram” of a secondary program.

If the St. John’s Administration wants to play with the bigs then it should hire one of the establishes attorneys to prosecute Mr. Heron’s request to the NCAA.

If St. John’s is willing to settle as a secondary programthen it should hire an attorney who reads the NCAA procedures manual for the first time and give the appeal a whirl.

The issue will go a long way in defining St.John’s commitment to its athletic program and it athlete.

We all agree this year is a make or break year for Mullin and the program. Heron is a stud and I Agee SJU should hire the correct personnel re, the hardship waiver.. We can really make some noise w him, which will help elevate the profile of the program and school. An eligible Heron will also boost attendance and recruiting, It whould really stack the cards towards a successful year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105, mjmaherjr, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017-18 Transfers 2 weeks 6 days ago #287268

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 840

Paultzman wrote: Mustapha as a youngster valuing D

Holy moly.

2017-18 Transfers 2 weeks 6 days ago #287304

• fan5577
  • Thank you received: 13

RedStormNC wrote: I realize there's technically no limit and definitely don't want to bring a knife to a gun battle...

my question was more along the lines of what can SJU realistically afford in attorney fees to fight this, if supposedly school is in financial challenge ?

$50K, 100K ...more ?

I'm sure they want Heron and willing to hire attorney, just not sure to what degree..

Unlike my Mets let's hope St. Johns sees paying a top flight, quality attorney with experience in this area as a major investment in the future of the program rather than an upfront cost.

2017-18 Transfers 2 weeks 4 days ago #287476

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 3449
Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
Reid Travis will visit both Kentucky and Villanova after Stanford's graduation on 6/17, per a source. No visit dates are set yet. Immediately eligible for next season. #BBN
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

2017-18 Transfers 2 weeks 4 days ago #287505

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 44

Paultzman wrote: Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
Reid Travis will visit both Kentucky and Villanova after Stanford's graduation on 6/17, per a source. No visit dates are set yet. Immediately eligible for next season. #BBN

Surprised r=Rothstein didnt go to the "im going with the wildcats" line.

I didnt think about nova before but that seems like it would be a great match.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

Want a New Center for 2018-19? 1 week 2 days ago #288174

• MarkRedman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 24
Think he'd be a walk on candidate?
Adonis is available

www.kentwired.com/sports/article_d887167..._campaign=user-share

Per Jeff Goodman, he averaged 11.8 points and 7.6 rebounds per game
He is a grad transfer but tore his ACL in March

Last edit: by MarkRedman.

2017-18 Transfers 1 week 2 days ago #288179

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 3449
Kent State’s Adonis De La Rosa plans to transfer, source confirmed to me. Averaged 11.8 points and 7.6 boards and will be grad transfer. Will be interesting to see who takes him since he tore ACL in March.
Per Goodman

2017-18 Transfers 1 week 2 days ago #288180

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 184

Paultzman wrote: Kent State’s Adonis De La Rosa plans to transfer, source confirmed to me. Averaged 11.8 points and 7.6 boards and will be grad transfer. Will be interesting to see who takes him since he tore ACL in March.
Per Goodman

Very interesting...too bad we don't have a scholly to offer...he lost weight he was supposed to while he was here and seemed to be a solid big man for Kent State. Considering how desperate we are for big bodies, I'd take a chance on him if possible.

2017-18 Transfers 1 week 2 days ago #288181

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 188
His history of being out of shape and coming off a torn ACL a really bad combination me thinks

2017-18 Transfers 1 week 2 days ago #288182

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 184

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: His history of being out of shape and coming off a torn ACL a really bad combination me thinks

He was out of shape with us but since he has lost a ton of weight from what I remember. Tearing an ACL is obviously a major injury, but at this point could we really turn down a potentially solid big man? We need the big depth that bad. I'd look into it and see how he's recovering and if it seems it significantly impacts his play. If he's at 80% or better I'd still take the chance with him.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth