Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS

Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS 2 years 1 month ago #7203

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3901

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS 2 years 1 month ago #221823

• Eric
  • Thank you received: 51

nypost.com/2016/05/28/611-teen-left-jama...uge-hoops-potential/

Still with time to develop. Maybe he wants to keep his roots and stay in Jamaica (estates) come college time :)

Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS 2 years 1 month ago #221833

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 259
The CHSAA should be a lot of fun with Molloy, CTK and Loughlin battling.

Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS 2 years 1 month ago #222553

• Paultzman
  • Away
Zach B

St. John's offers Christ the King freshman Kofi Cockburn. #sjubb

Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS 1 year 11 months ago #224224

• Paultzman
  • Away
Per Andew Slater:
John Calipari watched Kofi Cockburn'19 today. St.John's, RU, SHU, VCU, SLU offers & UConn, UNLV & Maryland interest

SJU staff also there.

Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS 1 year 11 months ago #224225

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 259
Curious to see this kid play. Heard a lot about from CTK fans.

Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS 1 year 11 months ago #224265

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 313

nypost.com/2016/05/28/611-teen-left-jama...uge-hoops-potential/

Reminds me a lot of the Bill Wenningtons story.
Started playing ball late , then moved to another country. Kid may very well have no desire to move away again and may have a strong desire to remain home with family. In September 2019 no more Sima and Owens, and we were in very early , if not the first and may have a great chance with this kid even if the blue bloods offer him. If Lovett, Ponds, Richard F , Simon , Brown all stay he could join an outstanding team as a freshman.

Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS 1 year 11 months ago #224405

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 165
Hearing he's a great kid(affable, polite, intelligent, etc.) from a wonderful family back in Jamaica. Like Moses Brown, raw but lots of upside. I always like ex-soccer playing big men. Usually more coordinated and much better footwork than the average raw big man. From someone(not me) who has seen them both play numerous times, Kofi more advanced than Moses at this point. I have never seen Kofi play. Curious to hear if anyone on here who has seen them both play can compare the 2.

Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS 1 year 11 months ago #224467

• Happy
  • Thank you received: 72

Hearing he's a great kid(affable, polite, intelligent, etc.) from a wonderful family back in Jamaica. Like Moses Brown, raw but lots of upside. I always like ex-soccer playing big men. Usually more coordinated and much better footwork than the average raw big man. From someone(not me) who has seen them both play numerous times, Kofi more advanced than Moses at this point. I have never seen Kofi play. Curious to hear if anyone on here who has seen them both play can compare the 2.

Your post had me thinking today as I have never seen Kofi play .. So I asked around to some people who have and the consensus is he is not better than Moses Brown but he could get there .. Kid is pretty raw ( no doubt to inexperience with the game) .. Fwiw Arbitello is touting him as the next great big from NYC which is only right as he super hypes all of his players ( and rightfully so). I'm looking forward to seeing the kid this year :)

Kofi Cockburn, C, Christ the King HS 1 year 11 months ago #224475

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 78

Your post had me thinking today as I have never seen Kofi play .. So I asked around to some people who have and the consensus is he is not better than Moses Brown but he could get there .. Kid is pretty raw ( no doubt to inexperience with the game) .. Fwiw Arbitello is touting him as the next great big from NYC which is only right as he super hypes all of his players ( and rightfully so). I'm looking forward to seeing the kid this year :)

You mean the next great big from NYC after ADR?

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2