Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 1 week ago #287905

• mattc
  • Thank you received: 143

Paultzman wrote: Feedback from a NJ AAU coach is SJU staff did a super job on this one. Is that enough? Maybe not, but considering our rebuild mode, kudos to Matt & Mullin.

My hope is a possible“tipping point” factor comes into play during July.

I think we all know what this "tipping point" would be. Here's hoping it happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerseyshorejohnny, frank61, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 1 week ago #287911

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 180

redmannorth wrote:

sjc88 wrote: In reading through this thread I would make two points that came via the prep circuit link attached above:
1-Good to hear CM made an in house visit. Clearly made an impression with the kid.
2-Kid even mentioned that we had a "second" former NBA player on staff! Of course he doesn't mention any advice or discussion with whoever that might be. LOL
That's a tough list we are up against but I do appreciate staff swinging for the fences. Sorry Paultz,I don't buy any "tipping point" factors will make any difference in where a kid wants to go. Highly overrated.

Sorry sjc88, but there are absolutely " tipping points " in the cases of highly ranked recruits. We have been the beneficiary, Ron Artest, and on the loosing end, Isiah Briscoe, of MCDAA who changed their minds the very last moment. Those are the 2 that come to mind immediately but I am sure there were and will be countless others. Recruiting is fluid and any edge or asset we can add to the equation would be great, especially in the case of a coach who would have strong ties with the player. Here is to the " tipping point."

Sorry I will disagree on this one. I read for years on this board how the mystical Slice was going to be a tipping point. He was in and out of here faster than a LeBron hair plug. If he wants to come to SJU it will need to be because of opportunity not if a certain coach is here or not. We ain't beating Duke or Nova or Harvard because of that. I do hope he comes here. It would be a great get. The alleged tipping point...no thank you. Just my opinion.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 1 week ago #287912

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1085

sjc88 wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

sjc88 wrote: In reading through this thread I would make two points that came via the prep circuit link attached above:
1-Good to hear CM made an in house visit. Clearly made an impression with the kid.
2-Kid even mentioned that we had a "second" former NBA player on staff! Of course he doesn't mention any advice or discussion with whoever that might be. LOL
That's a tough list we are up against but I do appreciate staff swinging for the fences. Sorry Paultz,I don't buy any "tipping point" factors will make any difference in where a kid wants to go. Highly overrated.

Sorry sjc88, but there are absolutely " tipping points " in the cases of highly ranked recruits. We have been the beneficiary, Ron Artest, and on the loosing end, Isiah Briscoe, of MCDAA who changed their minds the very last moment. Those are the 2 that come to mind immediately but I am sure there were and will be countless others. Recruiting is fluid and any edge or asset we can add to the equation would be great, especially in the case of a coach who would have strong ties with the player. Here is to the " tipping point."

Sorry I will disagree on this one. I read for years on this board how the mystical Slice was going to be a tipping point. He was in and out of here faster than a LeBron hair plug. If he wants to come to SJU it will need to be because of opportunity not if a certain coach is here or not. We ain't beating Duke or Nova or Harvard because of that. I do hope he comes here. It would be a great get. The alleged tipping point...no thank you. Just my opinion.

At this point, all of us are totally guessing.
Only the guy with the infallible 'crystal ball' knows for sure.
Is that the shadow?
Joking.
Let's go Johnnies.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 1 week ago #287913

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 116
Put me down for a tipping pt.If that means hiring an ac that can secure Scottie I'm all in. WE need a boost to start the 5* coming to SJU
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 1 week ago #287915

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4446

sjc88 wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

The point is getting a kid’s AAU coach on staff helps. If you don’t believe that fine, but I know for a fact that he has been viewed as a resource in getting to understand SL’s college interests and desires more clearly. That alone is a plus even if he opts for another school which is probable.

Not sure what your Slice point has to do with anything, so whatever rocks your boat. Lastly the term was “possible” tipping point not anything “alleged” to be a determining point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 1 week ago #287918

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 180

Paultzman wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

The point is getting a kid’s AAU coach on staff helps. If you don’t believe that fine, but I know for a fact that he has been viewed as a resource in getting to understand SL’s college interests and desires more clearly. That alone is a plus even if he opts for another school which is probable.

Not sure what your Slice point has to do with anything, so whatever rocks your boat. Lastly the term was “possible” tipping point not anything “alleged” to be a determining point.

Paultz, its a simple disagreement. I have a hard time believing that a kid who has superior options ultimately chooses a school because of hiring an AAU coach. No big deal we all have opinions. Honestly I am not sold on hiring someone just to get a recruit if that's even possible. Like after a year when the kid heads to the NBA does that guy stay? Not sure about the "rocks your boat" I am not/have not been hostile. My use of "alleged" was you did not mention the name so neither did I. Sorry if I offended but I think you may have overreacted or taken something personal from what I wrote.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 1 week ago #287921

• Paultzman

sjc88 wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

Paultz, its a simple disagreement. I have a hard time believing that a kid who has superior options ultimately chooses a school because of hiring an AAU coach. No big deal we all have opinions. Honestly I am not sold on hiring someone just to get a recruit if that's even possible. Like after a year when the kid heads to the NBA does that guy stay? Not sure about the "rocks your boat" I am not/have not been hostile. My use of "alleged" was you did not mention the name so neither did I. Sorry if I offended but I think you may have overreacted or taken something personal from what I wrote.

Not offended at all. If they do hire Rice, which is not a certainty, it won’t be to just get a particular recruit. That said his NJ & overall AAU contacts would be factors in plus column imo, as well as his defensive coaching ability.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61, sjc88, richard A Steinfeld, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 2 days ago #288258

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 446
Down to a final seven of Villanova, St. John’s, Kentucky, Duke, Florida, Harvard and Stanford, Lewis said that the next trip he takes will be to Stanford (in the next week or so) and that he's not looking make a decision until sometime in the mid winter or early spring.

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/nbp...session-observations

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 month 3 weeks ago #288760

• Paultzman
Will take our “puncher’s chance” for a super talented kid like Lewis! Matt & Mullin did everything possible on this one
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61, capmaker, Chicago Days

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 month 3 weeks ago #288773

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 446
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, capmaker, Chicago Days

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2