Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 3 months 3 weeks ago #282526

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1445

austour wrote: 5 star recruits Logen left out:
Felipe, Zendon, Omar, Glover, Barkley, Artest, Sealy, Werdann

Still, yes it's the exception, not the rule.

Rysheed Jordan was also a 5 star recruit.
Between the two of you you have come up with over a dozen 5 star recruits we used to get almost every other year or so in the past 30 years. THAT was a rule and not the exception. That's pretty darn good in my book.
Obviously at schools like Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, Louisvile and a half dozen other programs with considerable financial incentives to hire the best coaches and pay for the best handlers who deal with the shoe companies, that is the rule. It is also why the FBI is now involved while the NCAA protects its cash cows.

I'm not sure what Logen is harping about with recruiting expectations. The only 5 star recruit Mullin was seriously pursuing was Precious Achiuwa until he seemingly took his foot off the pedal. The two kids out of Jersey are pipe dreams. Everyone else for those of us with rational expectations are recruits that are 4 star prospects. Kofi is a 4 star. Aiden is a 4 star. Gaffney is only a 3 star. If Logen or others think that these are out of our reach under Mullin then they may as well just resign themselves to being forever Fordham without the academic cred.
We are more than happy if not ecstatic to pursue high 4 star players but would happier if we actually land Kofi and other 4 star talent right out of high school.
Why should we expect less from the saviour of the program? Especially since the last coach who did little recruiting was able to sign the following 5 and 4 star talent: Jordan, Obepka, Sampson, Harrison, Pointer, Harkless.

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, Tom in Salem, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 3 months 3 weeks ago #282529

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 373

Class of 72 wrote:

austour wrote: 5 star recruits Logen left out:
Felipe, Zendon, Omar, Glover, Barkley, Artest, Sealy, Werdann

Still, yes it's the exception, not the rule.

Rysheed Jordan was also a 5 star recruit.
Between the two of you you have come up with over a dozen 5 star recruits we used to get almost every other year or so in the past 30 years. THAT was a rule and not the exception. That's pretty darn good in my book.
Obviously at schools like Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, Louisvile and a half dozen other programs with considerable financial incentives to hire the best coaches and pay for the best handlers who deal with the shoe companies, that is the rule. It is also why the FBI is now involved while the NCAA protects its cash cows.

I'm not sure what Logen is harping about with recruiting expectations. The only 5 star recruit Mullin was seriously pursuing was Precious Achiuwa until he seemingly took his foot off the pedal. The two kids out of Jersey are pipe dreams. Everyone else for those of us with rational expectations are recruits that are 4 star prospects. Kofi is a 4 star. Aiden is a 4 star. Gaffney is only a 3 star. If Logen or others think that these are out of our reach under Mullin then they may as well just resign themselves to being forever Fordham without the academic cred.
We are more than happy if not ecstatic to pursue high 4 star players but would happier if we actually land Kofi and other 4 star talent right out of high school.
Why should we expect less from the saviour of the program? Especially since the last coach who did little recruiting was able to sign the following 5 and 4 star talent: Jordan, Obepka, Sampson, Harrison, Pointer, Harkless.

You can also add Chucky Sproling and Elijah Ingram to our 5-star list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61, Tom in Salem

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 3 months 2 weeks ago #283307

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 446
I have said Lewis is more open to schools outside of the Blue Bloods (see Duke and Nova) than Antoine is. Still a tough get but need to stay on him if for no other reason then to let people know you are serious:

Antoine isn’t ready to reveal a list of finalists, but Lewis recently went on a binge of visits to Kentucky, Duke, Florida, Villanova and St. John’s.

“Some were better than others, and some just felt like family,” Lewis said.

Asked which ones stood out, and Lewis pointed to three.

“Florida, and St. John’s and Villanova, they’ve been following me since I was in eighth grade in those back gyms,” Lewis said. “Every time I’m around them it just feels like family.”

Antoine isn’t ready to reveal a list of finalists, but Lewis recently went on a binge of visits to Kentucky, Duke, Florida, Villanova and St. John’s.

“Some were better than others, and some just felt like family,” Lewis said.

Asked which ones stood out, and Lewis pointed to three.

“Florida, and St. John’s and Villanova, they’ve been following me since I was in eighth grade in those back gyms,” Lewis said. “Every time I’m around them it just feels like family.”

www.seccountry.com/kentucky/kentucky-bas...-antoine-recruitment
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, frank61, JohnnyFan, Dan V

Last edit: by fordham96.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 4 weeks ago #285127

• Dan V
  • Thank you received: 78
We are in his top 5 according to 247. If we land him he will hopefully attract other recruits like Gaffney. Him and Mullin seem to have a good relationship, so I got my fingers crossed. Tournament appearance would be huge for us. Maybe Ponds will want more and stay 4 years too. That would be a dream scenario though.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 4 weeks ago #285129

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4446

Dan V wrote: We are in his top 5 according to 247. If we land him he will hopefully attract other recruits like Gaffney. Him and Mullin seem to have a good relationship, so I got my fingers crossed. Tournament appearance would be huge for us. Maybe Ponds will want more and stay 4 years too. That would be a dream scenario though.

Would not get hopes up for Lewis. Could make his final five, but doubt much of a chance beyond that. Hope I am wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan V

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 4 weeks ago #285419

• Dan V
  • Thank you received: 78

Paultzman wrote:

Dan V wrote: We are in his top 5 according to 247. If we land him he will hopefully attract other recruits like Gaffney. Him and Mullin seem to have a good relationship, so I got my fingers crossed. Tournament appearance would be huge for us. Maybe Ponds will want more and stay 4 years too. That would be a dream scenario though.

Would not get hopes up for Lewis. Could make his final five, but doubt much of a chance beyond that. Hope I am wrong.

Haha im aware he's a long shot...i was just surprised to see we were listed on his 247 page at all.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 2 weeks ago #287106

• capmaker
  • Thank you received: 51

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 2 weeks ago #287112

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 376

Paultzman wrote:

Agree completely; one caveat and I will somewhat agree with Oldschool Redman on this one. IMO, Lewis could be swayed not so much by W's and L's but by style of play, especially if Heron is eligible and we can play very small and very fast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Paultzman, Class of 72

Last edit: by Logen.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 1 week ago #287804

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 446
Lewis update from Rivals. I heard he likes SJU a lot and they will remain in the hunt. The key is if Antoine goes to Duke or Nova my guess is right now Lewis would probably go to the other school but SJU has a decent shot here. Could a certain potential hire sway him....?

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/fiv...h-recruiting-process

St. John’s: “That is where I am from. I am from New York and I grew up there and my dad, whenever he first got to meet coach (Chris) Mullin and the coaching staff, he was in love with them, and my mom loves them as well. She hasn’t thought a lot about me staying home as far as going to New York, but after sitting down and having those home visits, she would love the fact of me staying at home and me playing at the Garden.”

Lewis was ranked as a five-star prospect in the initial ranking release of his 2019 class two years ago and has remained in that elite category ever since.

Known for his quick twitch abilities, defensive versatility and athleticism, questions remain on whether Lewis will continue to team up with Antoine in college. Look for Villanova, Kentucky, Florida, Duke and St. John’s to be among the group to make the final cut for the five-star wing in the coming weeks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, gonzalo, frank61, capmaker, Tom in Salem, Knight, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 2 months 1 week ago #287806

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 971
fordham96 wrote: Lewis update from Rivals. I heard he likes SJU a lot and they will remain in the hunt. The key is if Antoine goes to Duke or Nova my guess is right now Lewis would probably go to the other school but SJU has a decent shot here. Could a certain potential hire sway him....?

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/fiv...h-recruiting-process

St. John’s: “That is where I am from. I am from New York and I grew up there and my dad, whenever he first got to meet coach (Chris) Mullin and the coaching staff, he was in love with them, and my mom loves them as well. She hasn’t thought a lot about me staying home as far as going to New York, but after sitting down and having those home visits, she would love the fact of me staying at home and me playing at the Garden.”

Lewis was ranked as a five-star prospect in the initial ranking release of his 2019 class two years ago and has remained in that elite category ever since.

Known for his quick twitch abilities, defensive versatility and athleticism, questions remain on whether Lewis will continue to team up with Antoine in college. Look for Villanova, Kentucky, Florida, Duke and St. John’s to be among the group to make the final cut for the five-star wing in the coming weeks.

Would be a phenomenal get for the program. Based on this interview, it sure sounds like we have a puncher's chance. Love the fact that both his parents like our staff/program.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2