Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl.

Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl. 10 months 3 weeks ago #259402

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 180

Have to say, the #86 SF in the country doesn't sound too promising. Hopefully a diamond in the rough.

Our sights seem to be lowering a bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl. 10 months 3 weeks ago #259403

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3901
Kevin Boyle & Montverde staff will likely help Roberts develop. StJ staff is investing in his upside. Like the move.

Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl. 10 months 3 weeks ago #259410

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 313

Have to say, the #86 SF in the country doesn't sound too promising. Hopefully a diamond in the rough.

Our sights seem to be lowering a bit.

Article says he is number 86 SF but yet he plays the 4 and 5. Don't put too much stock in the incorrect ranking.

Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl. 10 months 3 weeks ago #259412

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 849
It's fine to panic if we miss on targets, but I think it's strange at this point to question who we target. I think staff has shown it has an eye for talent. We have Owens, Keita, Yakwe, and Clark coming back next year. They are still working on other bigs. I think it makes sense to try to bring this guy aboard.

As for his skillset, he said, “I can play the 4 and the 5 and I can also play the 3 a little bit.”

Said Southern Stampede coach Cory Underwood: “He has major, major, major upside. Josh just started really playing the sport. He’s a track and field and football kid. By January 2018 you will see a totally different Josh Roberts. He has elite NBA level athleticism.”

Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl. 10 months 3 weeks ago #259413

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 180

It's fine to panic if we miss on targets, but I think it's strange at this point to question who we target. I think staff has shown it has an eye for talent. We have Owens, Keita, Yakwe, and Clark coming back next year. They are still working on other bigs. I think it makes sense to try to bring this guy aboard.

As for his skillset, he said, “I can play the 4 and the 5 and I can also play the 3 a little bit.”

Said Southern Stampede coach Cory Underwood: “He has major, major, major upside. Josh just started really playing the sport. He’s a track and field and football kid. By January 2018 you will see a totally different Josh Roberts. He has elite NBA level athleticism.”

Keita is not eligible until 2018/19 correct? I like Owens but Yakwe has struggled and hopefully shows improvement. Lots of hope for Clark but he hasn't played a game yet. I don't want to be negative but we should wait to credit an "eye for talent". Nothing wrong with a healthy skepticism.

Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl. 10 months 3 weeks ago #259414

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 849

Keita is not eligible until 2018/19 correct? I like Owens but Yakwe has struggled and hopefully shows improvement. Lots of hope for Clark but he hasn't played a game yet. I don't want to be negative but we should wait to credit an "eye for talent". Nothing wrong with a healthy skepticism.

I think reading the entire article would help, instead of just one half-assed sentence. Zags may have connections, and I used to love reading his early stuff, but he is a careless writer.

Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl. 10 months 3 weeks ago #259433

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 19
He is 6'10. Usually guys of that height are not playing the 3.

Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl. 10 months 3 weeks ago #259434

• SJU14
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 94

He is 6'10. Usually guys of that height are not playing the 3.

Today's game is evolving where this is almost becoming the norm in the NBA. The KD and Paul George types playing the 3 at 6'10" and taller. And as the NBA game changes, the college game follows.

Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl. 10 months 2 weeks ago #259966

• Paultzman
  • Away
Per Zach B
On a positive note, St John's hosts 3-star forward Josh Roberts on official visit beginning Friday night. #sjubb

Good shot it appears

Josh Roberts, PF, Montverde Academy, Fl. 10 months 2 weeks ago #260049

• Paultzman
  • Away
image-258.jpeg

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2