Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La.

Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La. 4 months 1 week ago #275922

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 180

Paultzman wrote: Nice family, good person & student who will imo positively impact SJU defense in year one. As shooting improves, he will really be fun to watch.

I am excited to see more of him. From the videos posted he seems to have some jumping ability as he is only 6'3. I look at him and Roberts as "program builders". 3 or 4 year types.
Marcellus is more of a project kid. From the videos I saw he plays below the rim. He will need more work as at this level his game will need to face the basket more often. Looks like he can shoot though.
Hey, excited to turn the page and remain optimistic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La. 4 months 1 week ago #275929

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3975

sjc88 wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Nice family, good person & student who will imo positively impact SJU defense in year one. As shooting improves, he will really be fun to watch.

I am excited to see more of him. From the videos posted he seems to have some jumping ability as he is only 6'3. I look at him and Roberts as "program builders". 3 or 4 year types.
Marcellus is more of a project kid. From the videos I saw he plays below the rim. He will need more work as at this level his game will need to face the basket more often. Looks like he can shoot though.

Agree Roberts should be a four year player. However, in year one we should not expect too much of him. He's a great athlete and runs court well. At his elite prep school I suspect he has honed his skills going against talented players. That said, he is very thin, must get stronger and is relatively new to full time hoops attention. My guess he can contribute about 10 minutes or so a game in year one as Redmen North noted in another thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88, Chicago Days

Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La. 4 months 1 week ago #275937

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 975

Paultzman wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Agree Roberts should be a four year player. However, in year one we should not expect too much of him. He's a great athlete and runs court well. At his elite prep school I suspect he has honed his skills going against talented players. That said, he is very thin, must get stronger and is relatively new to full time hoops attention. My guess he can contribute about 10 minutes or so a game in year one as Redmen North noted in another thread.

That’d be great for depth. Solid minutes from the hoped-for ‘BE-level’ Big Guy, Dixon & Keita, with 10 minutes + from Williams, some from Roberts, some spot-time for ME, translates into decent-very good ‘depth’.
An attribute sorely missing this season—that with LoVett leaving the ship—torched the year.
And hoping for one more ‘plus’ recruit?
The staff knows what it needs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, redmanwest, sjc88, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by Chicago Days.

Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La. 4 months 1 week ago #275951

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 180

Chicago Days wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

That’d be great for depth. Solid minutes from the hoped-for ‘BE-level’ Big Guy, Dixon & Keita, with 10 minutes + from Williams, some from Roberts, some spot-time for ME, translates into decent-very good ‘depth’.
An attribute sorely missing this season—that with LoVett leaving the ship—torched the year.

Agreed. I would expect Roberts and Williams to see time early against the lesser comp. In BE play I think they will see less time. However, playing as a freshman is not like it used to be. Depending on who returns more minutes may be a necessity.

Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La. 4 months 1 week ago #275954

• Chicago Days

sjc88 wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Agreed. I would expect Roberts and Williams to see time early against the lesser comp. In BE play I think they will see less time. However, playing as a freshman is not like it used to be. Depending on who returns more minutes may be a necessity.

True. Perhaps ME will also see some action in OOC games. Praying our core 4 return. We get that BE-level ‘big’, being greedy 1 more ‘plus’ recruit. All that to go with Dixon, Keita, Williams, Trimble , Roberts, and Earlington should us give rebounding bulk, skills, depth and many wins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La. 4 months 1 week ago #275956

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 111

Chicago Days wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

True. Perhaps ME will also see some action in OOC games. Praying our core 4 return. We get that BE-level ‘big’, being greedy 1 more ‘plus’ recruit. All that to go with Dixon, Keita, Williams, Trimble , Roberts, and Earlington should us give rebounding bulk, skills, depth and many wins.

No one is mentioning Diakite, any word on how he is progressing? Would be nice to have Boubacor as part of the rotation next season.

Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La. 4 months 1 week ago #275957

• Chicago Days

Mean Gene wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

No one is mentioning Diakite, any word on how he is progressing? Would be nice to have Boubacor as part of the rotation next season.

I think Paultz has said, that given Diakite’s injury rehab and his ‘raw’ game, he’s not expected to be a major factor next year. Maybe in time.

Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La. 4 months 1 week ago #275998

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 266
Trimble needs to improve to continue to earn minutes. He played this year out of desperation.

Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La. 4 months 1 week ago #276002

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3975
@JamesBewers
FINAL | @LCAKnights 52, St. Mary's 35

LCA has successfully defended its title, repeating as state champs in Division IV. Outscoring the Tigers 17-4 in the second quarter was the difference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88, L J S A, Chicago Days

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Greg Williams, SG, Lafayette, La. 4 months 1 week ago #276003

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 111

Andrew wrote: Trimble needs to improve to continue to earn minutes. He played this year out of desperation.

I think Trimble improved as the season went on and hopefully he continues the trajectory. The kid can stroke it

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2