Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tolu Jacobs Yaffa

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa 5 months 4 weeks ago #277964

• sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 180
www.blackshoediaries.com/2018/3/20/17145...y-lions-pat-chambers

3* from California 6'11 OR 7'0 (take your pick). Decommits from Penn State. No idea if we have any interest. But given our needs everything looks interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa 5 months 4 weeks ago #277970

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 569
Butler had offered him and he's pretty huge. 350 prospect. Obviously rebounding and defending bigs is much needed but for any of these ? guys with size, my criteria for a big would be that he has good hands. As we've seen the bigs with poor hands end up being more of a liability than anything. A big with good hands could do well with our guards regardless of other limitations but otherwise the offense is 4 man with a big that can't handle a pass and other teams recognize it and then we stagnate when our guys get effectively double and tripled.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa 5 months 4 weeks ago #277971

• Chicago Days
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1263
You nailed it Paul. Saw a year-old clip. 6’11”. 270 LBs, hustles/rumbles down court, seems to have so/so hands and a shot ‘under construction’.
Given our desperate need here, I’m not sniffing at this big guy, but he seems to be a ‘project’, so we should not have any expectations for much production next year—should we have any chance.
Article says he has a dozen offers, including Butler, Cal, Stanford, Nevada, and San Diego’s State.

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa 5 months 4 weeks ago #277972

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 121
Site has been quiet , need updates from staff on these matters . I think next yr with Keita in the middle we would be ok ,he is fast has good hands even hits from 3s Another 6-8 240 player at the 3or 4* that rebounds WOIULD BE GREAT to set us up for an NCAA spot Roberts is good at 6-9 and Diakate 6-8( not sure of the spelling) Ponds back and our guards look better than good IF we defend the 3 we will be good

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa 5 months 4 weeks ago #277974

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 569

usguard wrote: Site has been quiet , need updates from staff on these matters . I think next yr with Keita in the middle we would be ok ,he is fast has good hands even hits from 3s Another 6-8 240 player at the 3or 4* that rebounds WOIULD BE GREAT to set us up for an NCAA spot Roberts is good at 6-9 and Diakate 6-8( not sure of the spelling) Ponds back and our guards look better than good IF we defend the 3 we will be good

The impression that I get is that Roberts is a high ceiling project so it will probably be a year or two away from being a solid contributor. Diakite is thin and seems more like a wing player to me. That is if he fully rehabs. Keita is at this point the one solid "big" we can count on for next season but looks to me like he has lost weight. Obviously the staff did a good job with conditioning as displayed by the ironman minutes, but we are going to be long and thin and undersized again unless we bring in at least one banger. Considering those factors and Owens transferring I'd say one would be a gamble and two should be the goal even if Owens decided to stay.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Class of 72, Chicago Days

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa 5 months 4 weeks ago #277975

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 335
Freshman project we can handle.

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa 5 months 4 weeks ago #277976

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1070

Paul Massell wrote: The impression that I get is that Roberts is a high ceiling project so it will probably be a year or two away from being a solid contributor.

I feel good about him if we get into a run and gun game, but against any good half-court team we face, we'd essentially just be begging to have him exploited and his confidence killed. We need two bigs so we can protect this kid early. I'm not even asking for 7-footers. Just give me two 6'8" 230 kids and I'm good. They really shouldn't be that hard to find.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, Room112, mjmaherjr, Chicago Days, Dan V

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa 5 months 4 weeks ago #277977

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 4959

L J S A wrote:

Paul Massell wrote: The impression that I get is that Roberts is a high ceiling project so it will probably be a year or two away from being a solid contributor.

I feel good about him if we get into a run and gun game, but against any good half-court team we face, we'd essentially just be begging to have him exploited and his confidence killed. We need two bigs so we can protect this kid early. I'm not even asking for 7-footers. Just give me two 6'8" 230 kids and I'm good. They really shouldn't be that hard to find.

It seems to be the game plan. Here’s hoping!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, L J S A, Chicago Days

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa 5 months 4 weeks ago #277978

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1070
I'm not greedy -- Mike Daum and Reid Travis will suffice.:lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, mjmaherjr

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa 5 months 4 weeks ago #277979

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 121
That would be great

• Page:
Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2