J'Rann Brooks to Visit St John's in December 7 months 3 weeks ago #264969

• MarkRedman
  • MarkRedman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 78
J'Rann will officially visit St John's on December 16 & 17
Would appear to be a great get
Fingers crossed!!

www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2017/11/20/166...icial-visit-december

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago #265005

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 431
Looks like he would become our most skilled front court player.

7 months 3 weeks ago #265008

• Tizzodd
  • Thank you received: 0
This could end up being huge. I can only imagine that the more talent coming in next season staying around for the likes of Ponds and Lovett would be more appealing. Could end up being really good. Off to a good start this season lets keep the momentum rolling.

7 months 3 weeks ago #265009

• SJ_NYC
  • Thank you received: 31
He can shoot 3's for us.

7 months 3 weeks ago #265010

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1258

He can shoot 3's for us.

Funny as it sounds you are not too far off from the "Mullin offensive strategy" that has been on display. The inability of this staff to incorporate the front court into the offense is troubling and the stagnant development of it front court players is a red flag that needs to be addressed. Still, Brooks would be a huge get simply because no one we have returning or coming in has any inside game. Marvin Clark is basically the same player he was at Michigan State and I doubt Tariq Owens will gain 20 lbs to be an effective inside presence. I have written off the Our Savior kids as they are no where near being saviors.

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

7 months 3 weeks ago #265012

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 259
We have two guards who can take it to the basket and Simon is so athletic that he plays a lot bigger. Owens is a terrific shot blocker. We are one good inside scorer away from being a very strong team. They will get incorporated. Hopefully Roberts and Keita can help but this kid looks like a player we really need.

7 months 3 weeks ago #265016

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 328
Discounting the other 3 games, all we read on the board was how Nebraska was going to dominate us inside with their bigs. All we hear now is how we need a big inside player or its doomsday. We KILLED Nebraska on inside points, KILLED them on the boards. So layups by Ponds, Lovett and Simon are no good, we need the 2nd coming of Wilt to be good? I don't know how this season will turn out but Mullin has made it plain he wants to play a wide open, fast, loose and easy game on offense, pressure the hell out of the ball on defense and gang rebound. Kind of a Don Nelson style, who by all accounts was a big influence on Mullin and the GS Warriors philosophy which has changed the way the game is played. Playing that style will mean some ugly play, some dopey play, but giving players freedom to play loose means you have to accept some of that ugliness. Like it or not, we are past the Bob Knight coaching style, Like I said, I don't know how the season plays out, we have certainly not faced our toughest competition by any means but I have liked very much what I have seen so far; especially the defense. I have stated we are going to win 20 games and I stand by that. I also would like to comment on Simon, a terrific all-around, VERY mature player. IMO, he showed some very understated leadership during the Molley game that is going to serve us well as the season goes on. By far our best player in this very young season.

7 months 3 weeks ago #265025

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 275

Discounting the other 3 games, all we read on the board was how Nebraska was going to dominate us inside with their bigs. All we hear now is how we need a big inside player or its doomsday. We KILLED Nebraska on inside points, KILLED them on the boards. So layups by Ponds, Lovett and Simon are no good, we need the 2nd coming of Wilt to be good? I don't know how this season will turn out but Mullin has made it plain he wants to play a wide open, fast, loose and easy game on offense, pressure the hell out of the ball on defense and gang rebound. Kind of a Don Nelson style, who by all accounts was a big influence on Mullin and the GS Warriors philosophy which has changed the way the game is played. Playing that style will mean some ugly play, some dopey play, but giving players freedom to play loose means you have to accept some of that ugliness. Like it or not, we are past the Bob Knight coaching style, Like I said, I don't know how the season plays out, we have certainly not faced our toughest competition by any means but I have liked very much what I have seen so far; especially the defense. I have stated we are going to win 20 games and I stand by that. I also would like to comment on Simon, a terrific all-around, VERY mature player. IMO, he showed some very understated leadership during the Molley game that is going to serve us well as the season goes on. By far our best player in this very young season.

I love Simon. Knows his limitations. Is a glue guy. Can count on him for D,Rebounding and setting up Ponds and Lovett.

7 months 3 weeks ago #265041

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 55
This kid would be an amazing pickup. A real low block scorer and rebounder. He'd kill it for us as a PF/C. Add him to Keita, Roberts and Owens and we have a very athletic and formidable post lineup. Get this done!

7 months 3 weeks ago #265055

• REB
  • Thank you received: 47
Really like what I see, mature body, good footwork and touch, runs floor well not just a lane clogger. Fingers crossed, seems he would be an ideal addition to the front line.

• Page:
Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2