BrookJersey Redmen Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
This is going to be a massacre. Mercy rule from the rec league should apply.
Enright Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Sooner or later SJU will make forty percent of it's threes and will win a game.
Chicago Days Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Per Zach B
Five visitors tonight for St. John's: Zed Key, Lester Quinones, Alan Griffin, R.J. Davis and Adrian Griffin Jr. #sjubb
Wouldn't mind Alan Griffin as the final member of the 18 class. He is very talented and has good size on the wing.

Totally agree

‘Scusa me—But ain’t all our ‘ships’ all used for ‘18? Particularly with LoVett mending and going nowhere? And if people are aiming to push ‘somebody’ out the door—that isn’t honest by my lights. Hope we don’t do that.
SLYFOXX1968 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
In college B.B. today , you must have players who can hit the 3 with consistency , we have none . Ponds shot is off and Clark and Simon don’t give anywhere near what they were purported to be . They were suppose to be impact players . Sorry they are not .
usguard Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
WE EARNED RESPECT after tonites game
usguard Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Just saw we were 1-12 3 pointers Hard to think we can't hit 35-40 % With what we had basically no bench , not hitting 3s no inside game . We did a heck of a job .
This games shows the future is bright. It also shows we can be dangerous in the BET
Boo Harvey Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
In college B.B. today , you must have players who can hit the 3 with consistency , we have none . Ponds shot is off and Clark and Simon don’t give anywhere near what they were purported to be . They were suppose to be impact players . Sorry they are not .

Ridiculous comments. Simon is top ten in the nation in steals, terrific on the boards and an excellent passer. He had an off game against the top team in the country.

Clark is not a star but he is solid. He had a terrible game.

Perspective — Remember, we played Seton Hall very tough without Ponds.
MarkRedman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I have been a St John's fan for more than 50 years. Normally, whether I am at the game or watching on TV, I am a "nervous Nellie" before every game. My wife thinks I am nuts and she's right. I take St John's basketball far too seriously.

Last night was very different. I was calm, cool and collected before tip off because I fully expected that we would be blown out. I was pleasantly surprised. This game reminded me of the first two Big East games this season when we played hard and really competed even though we lost.

I look at our roster. Our starting five players can compete at this level. We do not have a single bench player that belongs on a Big East court when a game is in doubt. With our style of play, it is inevitable that our five starters are going to wear down during the course of a game. At times, we have two or three bench players on the court at the same time, making it virtually impossible to score because we may only have one guy on the floor capable of doing so and the defense can load up on that guy. That's what happens when you only have a grand total of 8 scholarship players on your roster.

I will calmly "enjoy" the remainder of this season without fear of a heart attack. I now talk to the screen when something bad happens rather than yell at it at the top of my lungs. If we have a full compliment of 13 scholarship players next season. as it appears we might, I will have higher hopes and will adjust my expectations and demeanor accordingly. Until then, I will continue to calmly watch every game and root for our kids. I am also getting an education this season- I never knew that we had access to the Fox Business Network. It's fun trying to find these games on cable.
NCJohnnie Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Wasn't able to watch last night's game, but followed on-line box score on ESPN and based on what I've read here and elsewhere, sounds like we gave a very good account of ourselves (as in Seton Hall game). Agree with many posters who have said they are watching the rest of the games with a more relaxed attitude.
Many posted here prior to start of season that the way the roster was constructed, we were one significant injury away from disaster. Not only did we have a significant injury to one of our most important players, but it was a season ending one. Can't expect much more than that the skeleton crew play tough the rest of the way and give us a few unexpected wins.
Next year looks promising on paper, especially with the increased depth. As others have said, Chris & Matt need to make certain the three freshman recruits actually come here. One additional piece I'd like to see us add is grad transfer traditional point guard unless staff intends to sell Shamorie on a full year of playing point and thinks they can make that work.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.