MarkRedman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I have been a St John's fan for more than 50 years. Normally, whether I am at the game or watching on TV, I am a "nervous Nellie" before every game. My wife thinks I am nuts and she's right. I take St John's basketball far too seriously.

Last night was very different. I was calm, cool and collected before tip off because I fully expected that we would be blown out. I was pleasantly surprised. This game reminded me of the first two Big East games this season when we played hard and really competed even though we lost.

I look at our roster. Our starting five players can compete at this level. We do not have a single bench player that belongs on a Big East court when a game is in doubt. With our style of play, it is inevitable that our five starters are going to wear down during the course of a game. At times, we have two or three bench players on the court at the same time, making it virtually impossible to score because we may only have one guy on the floor capable of doing so and the defense can load up on that guy. That's what happens when you only have a grand total of 8 scholarship players on your roster.

I will calmly "enjoy" the remainder of this season without fear of a heart attack. I now talk to the screen when something bad happens rather than yell at it at the top of my lungs. If we have a full compliment of 13 scholarship players next season. as it appears we might, I will have higher hopes and will adjust my expectations and demeanor accordingly. Until then, I will continue to calmly watch every game and root for our kids. I am also getting an education this season- I never knew that we had access to the Fox Business Network. It's fun trying to find these games on cable.
fun Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Simon has played poorly in the last few games .... Turnovers , missed bunnies , soft passes , and not much in the scoring column .They are average players at best and have been less than expected.

Simon has scored in double figures four of his last five games including a double double versus SH. He missed a triple double by two rebounds. For the year he's averaging 11 points, 7 rebounds, five assists and three steals per game. He's shooting 46 percent from the floor and 50 percent from three. (By way of comparison stupid Missini who you can't go two posts without mentioning averaged 8 points, less than two rebounds and less than an assist per game while shooing 41 percent from the floor and 42 percent from three.) What exactly were you expecting from Simon? A quadruple double? The cure for the common cold? Average, good grief.
Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Maybe we should move Clark outside and Simon underneath? Simon gets rebounds and can't shoot, Clark can shoot, but doesn't rebound.
Paultzman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Per Varsity Insider
Alan Griffin, R.J. Davis and Adrian Griffin Jr. will be guests at the St. John’s game tonight when the Red Storm host No. 1 Villanova at the Garden.

Stepinac kids. A lot of programs like the Griffins.
Paultzman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Per Zach B
Five visitors tonight for St. John's: Zed Key, Lester Quinones, Alan Griffin, R.J. Davis and Adrian Griffin Jr. #sjubb
fun Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
St John's - Villanova recap: http://www.bigeastboards.com/
CBA1992 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Too much family stuff this weekend so I can’t go. If anyone is looking for 4 tixs section 105 row 14, seats 1-4. Please PM me. Thanks.
BrookJersey Redmen Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
This is going to be a massacre. Mercy rule from the rec league should apply.
SLYFOXX1968 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
It might be . It might not be a massacre . Nova is back to Number 1. With a depleted team without Lovett, we barely lost to Seton Hall and Creighton on the Road . If all of our Starters are 100 percent , hit the outside shots , show a little resistance on the boards and play tough, the game could be closer than the Spread will be . Or, it could be a replay of last Year’s BE tournament game . Xavier is beatable but, likely not on their home court . The reality against the top teams in the BE is we have to play nearly a perfect game . We have the capability to beat Prov, Creighton , DePaul in rematches . Maybe even Seton Hall and G ‘Town . Also , split with Butler is possible . Our goal at this point should be 6 Wins and win 1 BE tournament game .

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.