thetux1 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
This is the most winnable game remaining on the schedule. Maybe we get an upset along the way but we are the worst team in the big east and I barely care anymore. All my hopes(which were high) were dashed after the Providence loss and they've done nothing to prove me wrong. Sad watching Ponds develop into a high volume low percentage chucker. I thought he was something special.
SLYFOXX1968 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Some random thoughts ?️ Ponds shot has been MIA all season . I was up in NY and saw the Iona game . He wasn’t drilling his shots in warm up either . Simon has regressed badly from early season . He is a poor shooter , misses a lot of dunks , layups and for everyone who thought him a PG , turns it over a lot ! Plays great D, rebounds but, you can see why he would not get much PT at Arizona . And, a comment about Arizona and Coach Sean Miller . Much of which we see with our team as well . Miller was quoted as saying ,” I am having a difficult time getting my Players to play hard for me .” Wow! Miller has a squad full of top 100 players and this is some commentary from a guy who as a player , played 100 percent on every play at Pitt. If true , it might be a commentary on this generation of not only players but, all of them . Trophies for everybody , Wins and losses not important as long as I get my PT and points . Coaches and team, School , etc not as important as a Education but, only what it gets me to the next level ! For those nay sayers on here that are already overboard on this Staff and Mullin , consider this . Lavin recruited Jordan and Obepka,both of whom quit on the Team, School, etc . Lavin had major problems with DLO until it finally was dealt with and he calmed down . Remember he was suspended for 1/ 2 a year . Of course , Lavin was not a successful recruiter , especially after his banner first year . Locally , he was pretty much a Zero . Carrington , Rodriguez, Delgado, etc , were never really on Steve’s list . But , he chased the Sampsons, Briscoes, etc in trying to out recruit Calipari, Self, etc . Our Team this year was overrated by us fans , going back to last Season as we opined that Simon and Clark were going to be better than Mussini, Ellison , Williams. Think we would be better off now, if those 3 were still here ! Yes ! But, again is that on Mullin and Staff? Ellison obviously thought he wasn’t going to get enough PT here . Mussini , actually a Lavin recruit , opted early for a Pro Career in Europe . Williams was again a PT issue for a Player always battling injury complications . Much criticism has been directed at not getting a high level 5 th year Player . And, to some extent might be somewhat true . But, could we have gotten a Rousey to come here , when we thought we had Lovett and Ponds plus Simon ? No ? A big , Bruising 6’10” inch Center ? Again , maybe we missed on a few but, that type of 1 and done player wants a lot from a school and program . They want lots of PT, freedom to be more than a role player and a chance to be Showcased . It’s asking a lot for a 1 year contribution by that player . The criticism that exists here on this site , from seat of the pants Home schooled and Amateur Head Coaches is almost laughable , except these folks, including me, think our Opinions are more valuable than 2 HOF Greats . No player on this Team remotely has the skills and talents that Mullin and Richmond did . Thinking that they can inject that level of performance into this Group of Players is wishful but, not realistic thinking . And, it also assumes the Player can and will absorb the Instruction . Ahmed’s game has been formed over years on the Playground, AAU and Juco Ball. Is he going to change what makes his game and has carried him to this level ? He has some incredible skills but, also some unrefined weaknesses . No one doubts that he plays hard , just sometimes a little out of control . Will Owens ever be a under the basket player , capable of boxing out a Govan or Delgado ? Never , but his frame prevents that from happening . Nothing Mullin or Richmond can do there , is there ? We have to accept his game as is . Same with Clark and Simon , nice players who might or might not start elsewhere in the BE on teams with more talent ? They transferred from Elite programs for s chance to play regularly . Something they could not do at Arizona or Mich State . Why? Their Coaches there leveled with them that they were not going to be featured performers and might be recruited over . Thus, they transferred here , to a program in need of some degree of talent . Which , unquestionably , they do but, not at a level that makes them Special Players or game changers . Ponds and Lovett ? Talented ? Sure , but also barely 6’fall and both of small frames . Tough to get to the rim at their size and while they have been very good , they take a physical beating every game in the BE . How many times do we see them bumped under the basket from
Contact ? A lot , and much of it , without getting a foul call from the Refs? Why ? Is it the theory that Mullin complains too much on every call and the Refs left a lot of fouls on Ponds uncalled ? Who knows for sure ? Think about it . Just saying .
RedStormNC Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Item remember earlier in season when Ponds' 3 pt shot % was first noticed as off, it was attributed in part to his 10 lb muscle gain.

What a load that was...

It's called non chalant chucking

He should watch some film of Mussini last season. Despite Federico's many physical limitations and even misses, he took good shots.
Beast of the East Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I never warmed to Ewing as a knick. He's back where he belongs - as a hated Hoya. Beating his Barkley like butt would take some sting off an 0-4 conference start
SJU61982 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
we have not contoled an opposing big to date. Looks like another loss.Is it possible after 3yrs we are at the bottom of the confr and on our way to win 0 games in conf.Something drastic has to happen which i can not see things changing But will still watch and cheer for something good to take place on the court.

The best way to control Georgetown's big men, is to pressure the guards. But, I mean really pressure the guards, like 2 guys on the ball in the backcourt for the whole game.

In the BE opener, once Butler started doing that, the Hoya guards were totally rattled, and we know what the final result was.
stjohnschris Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Felt like we did a good job on Delgado, as well as Nebraska bigs. Up until DePaul on Saturday, I thought perimeter D was where we were lacking the most, but on Saturday we lacked all facets of defense. It'll be interesting to see if there are any adjustments for Georgetown. Certainly hope so.
RedStormNC Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
JackofVirginia Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I am hoping for a surprise win because losing at the Garden is pretty bad PR for recruits. This is a game where both Alibegovic and Yakwe can make a difference if they play smart basketball. Hopefully two 6'9 Hoya players ( Muresan and Mourning) who are sons of former NBA stars don't outshine them because their talent has fallen very far from the paternal tree. Without Marcus this may be the last home game we have a chance of winning. Other than defend the 3 we need to drive and share the ball. Rebounding may continue to be a problem but I think we match up well in the department with Gtown.

You joke, of course, about Alibecovig making a difference. Have you missed the past 4 years?
redmaninalbany Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Bigger conflict between Simon and layups

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.