C Palace - West Brom
Everton - Spurs
Middlesboro - Stoke
Southampton - Watford
Man City - Sunderland
Bournemouth - Man Utd (Sun)
Arsenal – Liverpool (Sun)
Chelsea - West Ham (Mon)

After the miracle of Leicester last year, there are no sure-things; however, I would be shocked if they can repeat. They have lost the “surprise” element, Kante left and also have Europe to deal with. Big name / new managers at several clubs: Man C., Man U, Everton, Chelsea. The Manchester clubs and Chelsea have strengthened their squads significantly. Spurs and WHam will be looking to build on last years solid campaigns…

What used to be a Big 4 is now more like a Big 8. TV money has leveled the field significantly and on any given Saturday, one of the big boys can be taken down. The league is more competitive than ever and it could go down to the wire with the winner having lost 6-8 games.

Arsenal addressed the need to have a ball-winning CM in Xhaka but have not yet signed a CD or striker. With Mert and now Gabriel apparently crocked (and I am not a big fan of either) it means Chambers and Holding need to step up. Koscielny, Ozil and Giroud will not be available for Sunday, still resting from the Euro’s… Ox, Cazorla, Elneny, Xhaka, Campbell, Akpom and Iowbi all looked good pre-season. Theo saved his best for Man C yesterday, otherwise has looked very poor. Be interesting to see who Wenger picks to start on Sun... A veritable plethora of midfielders but very thin at CD and no goal-poacher-fox-in-the-box...
Add a reply
firestorm Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Excited for the season to begin.

Agreed on Leicester. A lot of things had to go right for them to have the championship run they enjoyed last season and I can't see lightning striking twice. Expecting a big rebound from Chelsea and a better performance from ManU.

I'm hopeful that my West Ham boys can continue to build on what was started last year. The move to the Olympic Stadium is a big step up and we drew 54K to the two non-league matches played there over the past week.

So much talent across the league. Should be a very entertaining season.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Soccer
  3. # 1
  4. Add a reply
Chris7 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Pogba will go down as one of the worst signings of the year. They gave him away for free and now had to pay 125mm or whatever it was to get him back. It will be comical watching them struggle.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Soccer
  3. # 2
  4. Add a reply
sirvoo Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
City have to be favorites this year. Picked up Stones today to shore up their back line. They are loaded. If I had to pick a darkhorse maybe Klopp can revitalize the Reds? Really there are 7 or 8 teams who can reach top 4 between Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Leicester. Should be a fun season!!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Soccer
  3. # 3
  4. Add a reply
TX Redman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Not a ton of excitement on Saturday. Man City did not look great but won. Leicester are coming back to earth. Everton held Spurs. Things got exciting on Sunday. Man U, even without the $5 billion Pogba looked good but the pick of the bunch was Arse 3-4 ‘Pool.

Not for the first time, Wenger got it wrong in terms of not signing where cover is needed, game preparation and team selection. Two neophytes at CD. Talks about resting players from the Euro’s but puts Ramsey in ahead of Cazorla. Joel Campbell who had a very good pre-season is not even on the bench. Alexis is good but is not a line leading striker. Everyone knew Walcott should not be taking penno’s. To fair to Chambers and Holding, both Bellerin and Monreal were worse!

Great goals by L’Pool though… but lose at Leicester on Sat and Msr. Wenger will be feeling the heat!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Soccer
  3. # 4
  4. Add a reply
Votes
Undo
The Manchester clubs are off the a quick start and I would not be surprised if they are battling it out come May.

Perplexed as to why Wenger would loan out Joel Campbell... unless he has an ace signing up up his sleeve. I would take Joel over Theo any day.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Soccer
  3. # 5
  4. Add a reply
Votes
Undo
Man C, Man U and Chelsea setting the early pace with maximum points. The league is off for two weeks now with WC qualifying. Manchester derby on Sept 10 should be tasty.

Wenger found his check book and signed an established CB Mustafi (German international) and a forward Lucas (who?). He could be the next Eduardo or, gasp, Chamakh... Apparently Lucas is Vardy-esque. Any competition for Giroud is a good thing. Alexis belongs on the wing.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Soccer
  3. # 6
  4. Add a reply
Votes
Undo
Some excellent games and goals today. De Bruyne was great at OT, Snodgrass scored a peach and what about Koscielny's overhead kick? Man C. goalie lucky not to see red. Wenger had one eye on PSG, with Giroud, Sanchez and Xhaka all on the bench.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Soccer
  3. # 7
  4. Add a reply
Votes
Undo
Man C setting the pace, five wins out of five. They did the same last year. Nice win by L'Pool over Chelsea. Watford very deserved winners over Man U today, 3-1.

My vote for goal of the week, Granit Xhaka. I do not understand why he is not starting...
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Soccer
  3. # 8
  4. Add a reply
Votes
Undo
Man C now 6-0-0. Spurs, Arsenal and L'Pool trying to keep up. The Gunners had a long overdue win (3-0) against Chelsea without breaking much of a sweat.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Soccer
  3. # 9
  4. Add a reply

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.