TOPIC: 2019 Recruits

2019 Recruits 11 months 2 weeks ago #217402

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13994
When convenient can we add a 2019 section? Thx

Per Andrew Slater;

An intriguing LT prospect, 6'9" PF Aidan Igiehon'19 of Ireland earned a St.John's offer; Kansas & Villanova interest
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2019 Recruits 11 months 2 weeks ago #217406

• bamafan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1157
Paultzman wrote:

Per Andrew Slater;

An intriguing LT prospect, 6'9" PF Aidan Igiehon'19 of Ireland earned a St.John's offer; Kansas & Villanova interest
LT? Left tackle?

2019 Recruits 11 months 2 weeks ago #217407

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
bamafan wrote:
Paultzman wrote:

Per Andrew Slater;

LT? Left tackle?
I think he meant LI for Long Island. KId is from Lawrence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

2019 Recruits 11 months 2 weeks ago #217412

• Porgyman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 132
Paultzman wrote:
bamafan wrote:
Paultzman wrote:

Per Andrew Slater;

LT? Left tackle?

I'm thinking that he meant Long Term...

2019 Recruits 11 months 2 weeks ago #217429

• bamafan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1157
Porgyman wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
bamafan wrote:
Paultzman wrote:

Per Andrew Slater;

LT? Left tackle?

I'm thinking that he meant Long Term...
Long Term Left Tackle? ;) :)

2019 Recruits 7 months 1 week ago #224339

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Obviously it means nothing until you get a kid, but Matt is certainly targeting some blue chip players as per this top 100 list;

247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/Rec...tionGroup=HighSchool
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, 88grad, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

2019 Recruits 7 months 1 week ago #224351

• redmannorth
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 2739
Paultzman wrote:
Obviously it means nothing until you get a kid, but Matt is certainly targeting some blue chip players as per this top 100 list;

When you look at the schools the players list you have to get real excited. There are 2 schools listed for number 13 Precious and it says 100% St. John's. No real surprise there in my mind. This kid will go right into Yakwe's vacated spot and will be terrific. There are 5 schools listed for Kofi and we are one of them. Again with Sima and Yakwe graduating in 2019 there will be plenty of pt for this young one. I am sure he will be at most games next season and will become very familiar with our program. As for guards there are Cole and Willis in our backyard. Not a given with either but we will have a real good shot as Mussini , Ellison and Simon will all graduate in 2019. There will be plenty of pt available on a loaded team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

2019 Recruits 7 months 1 week ago #224354

• richard steinfeld
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 941
redmannorth wrote:
Paultzman wrote:

When you look at the schools the players list you have to get real excited. There are 2 schools listed for number 13 Precious and it says 100% St. John's. No real surprise there in my mind. This kid will go right into Yakwe's vacated spot and will be terrific. There are 5 schools listed for Kofi and we are one of them. Again with Sima and Yakwe graduating in 2019 there will be plenty of pt for this young one. I am sure he will be at most games next season and will become very familiar with our program. As for guards there are Cole and Willis in our backyard. Not a given with either but we will have a real good shot as Mussini , Ellison and Simon will all graduate in 2019. There will be plenty of pt available on a loaded team.
The 100% for precious is based on 1 prediction, so it doesn't mean much. Hopefully Gift is in his ear about SJU. That said , we are involved w some great prospects for 18 and 19 . And although the Slice situation is a bummer , it appears Matt is overachieving and we are getting more than our money's worth w him.

2019 Recruits 7 months 1 week ago #224357

• redmannorth
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 2739
richard steinfeld wrote:
redmannorth wrote:
Paultzman wrote:

The 100% for precious is based on 1 prediction, so it doesn't mean much. Hopefully Gift is in his ear about SJU. That said , we are involved w some great prospects for 18 and 19 . And although the Slice situation is a bummer , it appears Matt is overachieving and we are getting more than our money's worth w him.

Yes it is based upon 1 prediction but if you ever met GG he is the most humble and gracious human being.
While bball may not have been great for him at SJU he received a fantastic education, got a masters degree, was a member of the highest society in SJU , is featured in our commercials and now resides in Queens. It is purely my opinion but I doubt Precious will look elsewhere. His family values are the exact opposite of the luxuries a school like Kentucky would have to offer. Providing we can show a decent upward trajectory in wins SJU has everything Precious would need and want.
With respect to Matt, I certainly understand the overachieving comment as I am shocked as to our recruiting these past 16 months. I will repeat again that I have followed recruiting closely for 35 years and we have never had 3 consecutive good recruiting classes, which we now have achieved. Completely remarkable. However , I believe we finally have the people in place who believe in the product they are selling, know what they are selling , and are not trying to be someone they are not. Until we can be a top 25 program Europeans, jucos, transfers mixed with the odd high level high school player is the way to go.
Chris and staff understand this and it is paying huge dividends on the recruiting front. Just smart recruiting on their part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Logen, Enright
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.584 seconds