Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Slice

Slice 2 years 4 months ago #130523

• SJU85
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 668
zagsblog.com/articles/kentuckys-slice-pa...ends-as-a-recruiter/

We know that Christ the King coach Joe Arbitello has taken shots at Lavin. One recent seem to insinuate that they don't look real hard at NY kids. Well based on his comments here, I think I can safely say that is what one of his problems with Lavin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Slice 2 years 4 months ago #130531

• kranmars
  • Thank you received: 1152
I dislike him to the point I won't even cut a slice of cake. I would rather get sick and eat the whole thing.

Sure he is always stylishly dressed. Who wants the bag man to look unkempt? Let's not kid ourselves here. While Slice knows the streets, he also knows that isn't enough.

Before Howland was Howland, he was a coach from Northern Arizona, coming all th e way East. Howland needed someone who would could sell him and Pitt to City kids.

And he also was a very important figure in getting Anderson to UCLA for his former boss.

As far as Arbitello goes, whenever he speaks, he sounds more and more like noise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Slice 2 years 4 months ago #130532

• Class of 72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1954
SJU85 wrote:

We know that Christ the King coach Joe Arbitello has taken shots at Lavin. One recent seem to insinuate that they don't look real hard at NY kids. Well based on his comments here, I think I can safely say that is what one of his problems with Lavin.

When your two top assistants live 15 minutes from CTK, and a guy who has to fly in is more visible. ...well you get the picture.
Briscoe screwed St. John's plain and simple. Screw him! Mal'occhio to him and his. Slice is the best salesman for tri-state kids. He sucks as coach but these Mc Donald AA ass holes just want to be featured for the NBA draft. A coach like Kyle Smith at Columbia is much like Brad Stevens. Give him kids ranked in the top 100, skip over the Mickey D prima donnas and he could coach a team to the sweet 16.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, frank61, Andrew2

Slice 2 years 4 months ago #130534

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13994
YYYClass of 72 wrote:
SJU85 wrote:

When your two top assistants live 15 minutes from CTK, and a guy who has to fly in is more visible. ...well you get the picture.
Briscoe screwed St. John's plain and simple. Screw him! Mal'occhio to him and his. Slice is the best salesman for tri-state kids. He sucks as coach but these Mc Donald AA ass holes just want to be featured for the NBA draft. A coach like Kyle Smith at Columbia is much like Brad Stevens. Give him kids ranked in the top 100, skip over the Mickey D prima donnas and he could coach a team to the sweet 16.

Kyle Smith is an excellent coach. Agree totally.

Slice 2 years 4 months ago #130535

• Delaware
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 80
Reading the article annoys me and more of Briscoe. I don't blame anyone but him about his decision. Slice is doing his job. He gets kids for programs. But Briscoe put aside 2 years of SJU & Lavin love for 3 months of KY jelly.

Slice 2 years 4 months ago #130536

• SJUalum98
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1097
Convenient article from Zags. I'm just waiting to see a "courtesy of redmen.com" at the end of one of his articles.

I'd honestly rather see a few articles about local schools (other than SJU) than him trying to get a slice of the UK pie.

Has he ever wrote about the job being done by local guys at Iowa State, Minnesota, etc.?

What about Hofstra trying to turn it around?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marillac

Slice 2 years 4 months ago #130544

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1431
Delaware wrote:
Reading the article annoys me and more of Briscoe. I don't blame anyone but him about his decision. Slice is doing his job. He gets kids for programs. But Briscoe put aside 2 years of SJU & Lavin love for 3 months of KY jelly.

. . . and no gag reflex.
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.

Slice 2 years 2 months ago #140853

• Ricky Smith
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
World Wide Wes

Slice 2 years 2 months ago #140869

• Monte
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3582
SJU85 wrote:

Its a fact that Lavin has not shown his face around CTK, let alone many other NYC High School gyms.
Time to create page: 0.676 seconds