Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Men's Recruiting Plan

Men's Recruiting Plan 3 years 8 months ago #79443

• MarkRedman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1529
I really expect(ed) us to land at least one "big" for next year (De La Rosa?) because Gift and Sanchez are leaving

zagsblog.com/st-johns/no-signings-for-jo...2015-16/#more-105681
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Men's Recruiting Plan 3 years 8 months ago #79454

• L J S A
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2231
I don't care if Lavin is the source -- there is no way we don't sign at least one 2014 guy in spring.

No point in coach giving off the impression of panic. That just gives other coaches something to jump on.

Men's Recruiting Plan 3 years 8 months ago #79523

• Andrew2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1567
I thought Balamou and Jones were are five star recruits for 2014. They will be starting alongside Hooper in 2015-16.

Men's Recruiting Plan 3 years 8 months ago #79525

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1794
Andrew2 wrote:
I thought Balamou and Jones were are five star recruits for 2014. They will be starting alongside Hooper in 2015-16.

Sarcasm? Or, continuance of coming out of your shell?

Men's Recruiting Plan 3 years 8 months ago #79528

• Andrew2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
MJDinkins wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:

A little of both with some reality thrown in.

Men's Recruiting Plan 3 years 8 months ago #79529

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
Andrew2 wrote:
MJDinkins wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:

Reality? Ahhhhhh! Where have I heard that word before? Admittance of coming out of your shell, too, eh? Cool!

It's only reality 'til it's happened. The '14 class has yet to be etched in stone from where I sit. So, much for reality.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by MJDinkins.

Men's Recruiting Plan 3 years 8 months ago #79532

• Andrew2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
MJDinkins wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:
MJDinkins wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:

Reality? Ahhhhhh! Where have I heard that word before? Admittance of coming out of your shell, too, eh? Cool!

It's only reality 'til it's happened. The '14 class has yet to be etched in stone from where I sit. So, much for reality.

I wish my dreams of the '14 class were as good as yours. Adonis will be a great Center for the three I mentioned above. Only need a point guard now. Who knows, Jordan might still be around.

Men's Recruiting Plan 3 years 8 months ago #79536

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
Andrew2 wrote:
MJDinkins wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:
MJDinkins wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:

I wish my dreams of the '14 class were as good as yours. Adonis will be a great Center for the three I mentioned above. Only need a point guard now. Who knows, Jordan might still be around.

Not dreams.... Just reality that the book has yet to be written on the '14 class. Never know what could transpire from now 'til the late signing period.

They have two point guards.... Branch and Jordan. Branch should be returning, and I believe the same for Jordan. Unless, Jordan ball out the next few months, then I feel he'll return. The '14 NBA Draft will be very deep.

Could Jordan take a chance? Sure! But he better hope he gets the chance for guaranteed bucks. I just sense the majority of the team will return.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe

Men's Recruiting Plan 3 years 8 months ago #80817

• Class of 72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2236
L J S A wrote:
I don't care if Lavin is the source -- there is no way we don't sign at least one 2014 guy in spring.

No point in coach giving off the impression of panic. That just gives other coaches something to jump on.

I am pretty sure the 89 year old Lou could go out and sign a 2014 kid if he tried! That is not the issue in the "recruiting plan"! (Is there a plan???)
The issue (impression of panic) is that with 3 scholarships and likely now 5 vacancies, the recruiting fluidity is drying up faster than you can say Mike Jarvis. WHO on the current bench is a quality replacement for Sanchez? Who on the bench will back up Obekpa? Who on the bench can be utilized as a "reliable" shooter?
Where is the strategic recruiting like that of Mark Few taking place?
Redshiriting players gives the impression of having a deep and talented team. Well, we may not be as deep or as talented as advertised so with zero recruits the impression turns to panic.
Last year GG was redshirted early for no apparent reason. He and Sanchez do not even play the same position and CO was a green freshman that could have used some back up help.
The recruiting plan for 2013, 2014 and apparently 2015 is not going according to plan. Can anyone name the last assistant coach hired that has recruiting credentials?
The plan? I would love to know what it is that would keep the flagship program of the Big East in NYC competitive on a national level in the coming 3 years without having to "re-build".
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds