Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: National Recruiting

National Recruiting 3 years 8 months ago #79259

• Andrew2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1567
It seems like recruiting is more and more being dominated by the few(Duke,Kentucky,Kansas). It is starting to remind me of College Football(Alabama,Oregon,Ohio State).
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Andrew2. Reason: Grammar
The administrator has disabled public write access.

National Recruiting 3 years 8 months ago #79261

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1610
Duke has had a very good day.
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.

National Recruiting 3 years 8 months ago #79365

• Catman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 198
Best players money can buy!

National Recruiting 3 years 8 months ago #79366

• DoodyNY33
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 506
Andrew2 wrote:
It seems like recruiting is more and more being dominated the few(Duke,Kentucky,Kansas). It is starting to remind me of College Football(Alabama,Oregon,Ohio State).

Kids will always play for the coaches who can get them to the NBA. Coach K, Calipari, and Self are the best in the business at doing just that.

If you start to see more high draft picks come out of St. John's (possibly Harrison, Sampson, Obekpa, and/or Jordan), the level of talent at our school will only increase.

National Recruiting 3 years 8 months ago #79367

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1794
DoodyNY33 wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:
It seems like recruiting is more and more being dominated the few(Duke,Kentucky,Kansas). It is starting to remind me of College Football(Alabama,Oregon,Ohio State).

Kids will always play for the coaches who can get them to the NBA. Coach K, Calipari, and Self are the best in the business at doing just that.

If you start to see more high draft picks come out of St. John's (possibly Harrison, Sampson, Obekpa, and/or Jordan), the level of talent at our school will only increase.

Kids will always play for the blue-blood schools, as well.

National Recruiting 3 years 8 months ago #79368

• gman
  • Thank you received: 1148
Andrew2 wrote:
It seems like recruiting is more and more being dominated by the few(Duke,Kentucky,Kansas). It is starting to remind me of College Football(Alabama,Oregon,Ohio State).

If you were a top 10 kid wouldn't they be at the top of you list? I would be honored if Coach K was calling about me.

National Recruiting 3 years 8 months ago #79398

• Class of 72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2236
gman wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:

If you were a top 10 kid wouldn't they be at the top of you list? I would be honored if Coach K was calling about me.

It is a given that the top coaches offer the top 25 players. Great recruiting schools are always involved with the next 25 year in year out. The bottom 50 takes a great deal of work and proven coaching success, regardless of conference.
Now, forget the 2014 class. Who are we involved with for 2015 and 2016?

National Recruiting 3 years 8 months ago #79422

• bamafan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1344
A big reason for this is kids leaving early so the top schools always have room and PT for the 5 star recruits. If they were staying 3-4 years they would be more spread out on more teams. If they stayed Kentucky wouldn't be able to sign 6 AA every year so it makes it harder for the group just below the blue bloods to secure top talent.

National Recruiting 3 years 8 months ago #79524

• Andrew2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1567
bamafan wrote:
A big reason for this is kids leaving early so the top schools always have room and PT for the 5 star recruits. If they were staying 3-4 years they would be more spread out on more teams. If they stayed Kentucky wouldn't be able to sign 6 AA every year so it makes it harder for the group just below the blue bloods to secure top talent.
Agreed. However, Georgetown, Marquette and Xavier signed some good recruits.
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds