Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 & 2015 Recruiting

2014 & 2015 Recruiting 3 years 5 months ago #73545

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13619
“@ECoastBias: Recruiting update: Johnnies looking to add size now, elite stars in 2015 #sjubb sbn.to/14OSUyv
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2014 & 2015 Recruiting 3 years 5 months ago #73546

• RedZone RedMen
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
so whats happening with 2014? has that been deemed a wash now?

2014 & 2015 Recruiting 3 years 5 months ago #73555

• kranmars
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 1130
Has it not sunk in yet, we stink!

At first it was just X's and O's, but now our recruiting has become an embarrassment as well. We will be lucky to fill the roster next year with a bunch of hardhat, lunchpail guys. And I do mean guys wearing hardhats and bringing lunchpails. Lavin's only recourse is to go to construction sites and find guys who won't back down from a jackhammer and can handle rocks (real ones from the ground).

We are not only a pimple on the practice basketballs of Duke, NC, Kentucky, Syracuse, and Florida, etc. but SJU is falling so far behind the newest hot spot -- Seton Hall. That's right, South Orange, NJ, is rapidly evolving into basketball heaven.

The program is done. Hopefully, the new Big East won't kick us out since we will be such a drag to the league.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem, NYMase

2014 & 2015 Recruiting 3 years 5 months ago #73560

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1794
kranmars wrote:

At first it was just X's and O's, but now our recruiting has become an embarrassment as well. We will be lucky to fill the roster next year with a bunch of hardhat, lunchpail guys. And I do mean guys wearing hardhats and bringing lunchpails. Lavin's only recourse is to go to construction sites and find guys who won't back down from a jackhammer and can handle rocks (real ones from the ground).

We are not only a pimple on the practice basketballs of Duke, NC, Kentucky, Syracuse, and Florida, etc. but SJU is falling so far behind the newest hot spot -- Seton Hall. That's right, South Orange, NJ, is rapidly evolving into basketball heaven.

The program is done. Hopefully, the new Big East won't kick us out since we will be such a drag to the league.

Sounds like you've been hanging with Moose, kranmars. LOL

2014 isn't exactly a wash, but it isn't gonna turn out like some of us thought it would initially.

The staff is certainly working to land some kids for '14, but the primary focus is on the '15 class when it comes to bringing in blue-chippers.

Finally, for the folks still waiting out for Whitehead.... Don't even worry about Whitehead any longer. Word has it that he wants to be ensured he starts or log a ton of minutes his freshmen season. That won't happen with us, as we'll have a very, crowded backcourt (3 seniors and an NBA-prospect as a sophomore) during his freshmen campaign.

I'm sensing this is also why we're seeing teams like Seton Hall and Pittsburgh entering the fray of late. Things can always change, but it seems we're done in his recruitment.

We've targeted several top-rated kids in the '15, and it may very, well pay off (especially, if we show them we're on the up-and-up).
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by MJDinkins.

2014 & 2015 Recruiting 3 years 5 months ago #73561

• simplyred
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1280
How would Carrington's verbal to Seton Hall impact Whitehead? Both are 2 guards. Obviously, Whitehead would start over Carrington but is that what the kid bargained for? I don't think the Hall is seriously in play for Whitehead. I think they are playing the role of the "local" school in place of us.

2014 & 2015 Recruiting 3 years 5 months ago #73564

• NYMase
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 84
kranmars wrote:

Pretty sure this is sarcasm...Nicely done, kranmars!

2014 & 2015 Recruiting 3 years 5 months ago #73567

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1794
simplyred wrote:
How would Carrington's verbal to Seton Hall impact Whitehead? Both are 2 guards. Obviously, Whitehead would start over Carrington but is that what the kid bargained for? I don't think the Hall is seriously in play for Whitehead. I think they are playing the role of the "local" school in place of us.

I'm not sure how Carrington's verbal to the Hall will impact Whitehead. But I wouldn't doubt the Hall sell that both of 'em can play in the backcourt together.

Like you stated, Whitehead would start over Carrington, if only one of 'em were to start in the backcourt. I'm also not one who believes the Hall are in serious play for Whitehead (I, too think it has to do with the "local" school being given the token visit), but stranger things have happened.

2014 & 2015 Recruiting 3 years 5 months ago #73603

• SJUalum98
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1097
Seton Hall is basically compiling mid-level NY/NJ high school players mixing them with JUCOs. Here's seeing if Willard can coach them up and if they can make a dent in the new BE.

Seems like the old Rutgers formula.

2014 & 2015 Recruiting 3 years 5 months ago #73627

• Andrew2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1349
SJUalum98 wrote:
Seton Hall is basically compiling mid-level NY/NJ high school players mixing them with JUCOs. Here's seeing if Willard can coach them up and if they can make a dent in the new BE.

Seems like the old Rutgers formula.

Or the Norm Roberts era....
Time to create page: 0.649 seconds