Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seventh Woods

Seventh Woods 4 years 1 month ago #66384

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1794
I see the hometown kid is getting a ton of props, per Twitter, since his mixtape video was released. I saw a tweet from Moe Harkless that said (paraphrase), "No way," when it came to the age of Woods. LOL

I, initially heard about Woods a couple of years ago (when he was in the 7th grade). Someone in the basketball community told me about Woods, as he was tearing it up on the middle school level. Long time basketball folks, whose analysis should be respected, from the area are raving about this kid.

He's supposed to be attending my alma-mater, but he attends private school (Hammond Academy) at the moment. The competition isn't the same on the private school level versus public school. Nevertheless, he can more than hold his own, regardless what level. He's shown that to be the case in AAU play and against Aquinas (Georgia) in the Chick-Fil-A Classic back in December.

I know someone who believes he'll eventually end up with UNC, but there is still plenty of time in his recruitment (Class of 2016). I'm hoping we eventually reach out towards Woods at some point.

Here's a brief piece by CBS Sports since the release of the mixtape video....

www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog...-next-andrew-wiggins
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Seventh Woods 4 years 1 month ago #66387

• RedZone RedMen
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
In college they will pack in the paint and it wont be that easy for him, I want to see him hit 3's.

Seventh Woods 4 years 1 month ago #66405

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
Red Johnnies wrote:
In college they will pack in the paint and it wont be that easy for him, I want to see him hit 3's.

He's a decent shooter from deep.

Seventh Woods 3 years 10 months ago #69699

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
Per Future 150.... The 'backyard' kid.

Seventh Woods, 2016 PG, Carolina Wolves: The hype surrounding the South Carolina native is incredible, and it's something that must be hard to deal with for a 14 year old kid. So far, he is doing a masterful job. The 6-foot lead guard is as explosive of a prospect as you will find on the circuit, and he got loose for several big dunks on Saturday. He is very good at taking defenders to the basket using his quick first-step. While his ball skills and jump shot still need work, there aren't many prospects who possess the natural gifts that Woods has.

future150.com/hs/basketball-news/2013-ua...ine-on-saturday-3223

Seventh Woods 3 years 5 months ago #84787

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
Last night, per the (locally) Chick-fil-A Classic....

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds