Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ALDS: Yankees Vs. Cleveland

ALDS: Yankees Vs. Cleveland 2 weeks 2 days ago #262848

  • oldschool Redmen
  • oldschool Redmen's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 1610
  • Thank you received: 514
  • Karma: -659
I'm sorry, but what a bust Sonny Gray turned out to be for the yanks.

Last 3 regular season games
DATE OPPONENT RESULT IP H R ER HR BB SO GB FB Pit BF GSc Dec. Rel. ERA
Sep 28 vs TB L 9-6 4.2 6 6 6 2 5 2 5 12 86 24 25 L(10-12) - 3.55
Sep 23 @ TOR W 5-1 6.0 4 1 1 1 3 4 7 11 96 25 61 W(10-11) - 3.31
Sep 17 vs BAL L 6-4 4.0 6 5 5 1 2 4 9 5 80 20 32 L(9-11) - 3.38

and can't complete 4 innings tonight.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by oldschool Redmen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ALDS: Yankees Vs. Cleveland 2 weeks 2 days ago #262851

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 7503
  • Thank you received: 2553
  • Karma: -6352
oldschool Redmen wrote:
I'm sorry, but what a bust Sonny Gray turned out to be for the yanks.

Last 3 regular season games
DATE OPPONENT RESULT IP H R ER HR BB SO GB FB Pit BF GSc Dec. Rel. ERA
Sep 28 vs TB L 9-6 4.2 6 6 6 2 5 2 5 12 86 24 25 L(10-12) - 3.55
Sep 23 @ TOR W 5-1 6.0 4 1 1 1 3 4 7 11 96 25 61 W(10-11) - 3.31
Sep 17 vs BAL L 6-4 4.0 6 5 5 1 2 4 9 5 80 20 32 L(9-11) - 3.38

and can't complete 4 innings tonight.

Uhhh going into tonight he made 16 starts as a Yankee and gave up more than 3 runs only 3 times.
Remember who broke the Slice news
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight

ALDS: Yankees Vs. Cleveland 2 weeks 2 days ago #262853

  • oldschool Redmen
  • oldschool Redmen's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 1610
  • Thank you received: 514
  • Karma: -659
Moose wrote:
oldschool Redmen wrote:
I'm sorry, but what a bust Sonny Gray turned out to be for the yanks.

Last 3 regular season games
DATE OPPONENT RESULT IP H R ER HR BB SO GB FB Pit BF GSc Dec. Rel. ERA
Sep 28 vs TB L 9-6 4.2 6 6 6 2 5 2 5 12 86 24 25 L(10-12) - 3.55
Sep 23 @ TOR W 5-1 6.0 4 1 1 1 3 4 7 11 96 25 61 W(10-11) - 3.31
Sep 17 vs BAL L 6-4 4.0 6 5 5 1 2 4 9 5 80 20 32 L(9-11) - 3.38

and can't complete 4 innings tonight.

Uhhh going into tonight he made 16 starts as a Yankee and gave up more than 3 runs only 3 times.

And that's all great but last Thursday blown a 4-1 going to the 5th when if they won combined with Boston losing they would have cut it to 1 with 3 go to. We all know what happened tonight.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ALDS: Yankees Vs. Cleveland 2 weeks 2 days ago #262856

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 7503
  • Thank you received: 2553
  • Karma: -6352
oldschool Redmen wrote:
Moose wrote:
oldschool Redmen wrote:
I'm sorry, but what a bust Sonny Gray turned out to be for the yanks.

Last 3 regular season games
DATE OPPONENT RESULT IP H R ER HR BB SO GB FB Pit BF GSc Dec. Rel. ERA
Sep 28 vs TB L 9-6 4.2 6 6 6 2 5 2 5 12 86 24 25 L(10-12) - 3.55
Sep 23 @ TOR W 5-1 6.0 4 1 1 1 3 4 7 11 96 25 61 W(10-11) - 3.31
Sep 17 vs BAL L 6-4 4.0 6 5 5 1 2 4 9 5 80 20 32 L(9-11) - 3.38

and can't complete 4 innings tonight.

Uhhh going into tonight he made 16 starts as a Yankee and gave up more than 3 runs only 3 times.

And that's all great but last Thursday blown a 4-1 going to the 5th when if they won combined with Boston losing they would have cut it to 1 with 3 go to. We all know what happened tonight.

Oh sorry. Didn't realize you were using such a solid sample size ;)

Does Sevy suck because Boston lit him up and he couldn't pitch an inning on Tuesday ?
Remember who broke the Slice news
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Moose.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ALDS: Yankees Vs. Cleveland 2 weeks 2 days ago #262858

  • Delaware
  • Delaware's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 393
  • Thank you received: 103
  • Karma: -4
Gray has become a classic example of a nibbler. Can't pitch effectively and win like that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldschool Redmen

ALDS: Yankees Vs. Cleveland 2 weeks 2 days ago #262860

  • oldschool Redmen
  • oldschool Redmen's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 1610
  • Thank you received: 514
  • Karma: -659
Moose wrote:
oldschool Redmen wrote:
Moose wrote:
oldschool Redmen wrote:
I'm sorry, but what a bust Sonny Gray turned out to be for the yanks.

Last 3 regular season games
DATE OPPONENT RESULT IP H R ER HR BB SO GB FB Pit BF GSc Dec. Rel. ERA
Sep 28 vs TB L 9-6 4.2 6 6 6 2 5 2 5 12 86 24 25 L(10-12) - 3.55
Sep 23 @ TOR W 5-1 6.0 4 1 1 1 3 4 7 11 96 25 61 W(10-11) - 3.31
Sep 17 vs BAL L 6-4 4.0 6 5 5 1 2 4 9 5 80 20 32 L(9-11) - 3.38

and can't complete 4 innings tonight.

Uhhh going into tonight he made 16 starts as a Yankee and gave up more than 3 runs only 3 times.

And that's all great but last Thursday blown a 4-1 going to the 5th when if they won combined with Boston losing they would have cut it to 1 with 3 go to. We all know what happened tonight.

Oh sorry. Didn't realize you were using such a solid sample size ;)

Does Sevy suck because Boston lit him up and he couldn't pitch an inning on Tuesday ?

Nope, playoffs is at a whole other level. At the very least he got playoff experience.
I didn't expect much from Garcia (though he pitched better then Sonny.), but with CC up there in age, Tanaka struggling, and Montgomery just a rookie, I was thinking of him as a solid #2. Wasn't his last 6 games in Oakland something like 1.37???
I'm just very disappointed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ALDS: Yankees Vs. Cleveland 2 weeks 2 days ago #262861

  • oldschool Redmen
  • oldschool Redmen's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 1610
  • Thank you received: 514
  • Karma: -659
Delaware wrote:
Gray has become a classic example of a nibbler. Can't pitch effectively and win like that.

Nibbler is one thing, but he bounces alot of balls too.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ALDS: Yankees Vs. Cleveland 2 weeks 2 days ago #262864

  • DoodyNY33
  • DoodyNY33's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 994
  • Thank you received: 515
  • Karma: -111
Sonny put up a dud last night, but he's still generally a good pitcher. I've never bought into the notion that he's anything close to a #1 starter, but I think he's an effective #2 or #3 guy. Yankees gave up a lot for him, but I'd still pull the trigger given the lack of good starting pitchers in this league. Think about it, the team already has Gray, Severino, Tanaka (he's not opting out), and Montgomery locked up for 2018. And hopefully they can go the Andy Pettitte route with CC and bring him back on a short term deal while he's still reliable. Combine that with the fact that Chance Adams and Justus Sheffield are knocking on the door and the staff is in a very good spot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ALDS: Yankees Vs. Cleveland 2 weeks 2 days ago #262865

  • usguard
  • usguard's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 3284
  • Thank you received: 573
  • Karma: -181
DoodyNY33 wrote:
Sonny put up a dud last night, but he's still generally a good pitcher. I've never bought into the notion that he's anything close to a #1 starter, but I think he's an effective #2 or #3 guy. Yankees gave up a lot for him, but I'd still pull the trigger given the lack of good starting pitchers in this league. Think about it, the team already has Gray, Severino, Tanaka (he's not opting out), and Montgomery locked up for 2018. And hopefully they can go the Andy Pettitte route with CC and bring him back on a short term deal while he's still reliable. Combine that with the fact that Chance Adams and Justus Sheffield are knocking on the door and the staff is in a very good spot.

Game was sad they look totally over matched Indians have better starting pitching We have guys like Tanaka who they pd a bundle for and he is not good enough to start the series and get this team up a game Serverino looked like a double A PITCHER they might not win a game in this series
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds