Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Assistant Coaches Arrested /Book Richardson is One

Assistant Coaches Arrested /Book Richardson is One 1 week 3 days ago #263192

• sjc88
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 423
Monte wrote:
Since the FBI is going after the NCAA member programs and employees, I wonder if they plan on going after the NCAA Organization itself? After all, there is no doubt that the NCAA turned a blind eye toward the illegal activities by its member schools. Aren't they then complicit? If I ran an organization and knowingly allowed my members to partake in criminal activates as part of the normal course of business and of generating revenue, wouldn't I be criminally liable to some degree? Not saying it's going to be easy to prove NCAA knowledge, but the Feds have some very creative ways. The more I think about this, the more "RICO act" comes to mind.

NCAA Organization is a co-conspirator. I think that is the term you were looking for.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Assistant Coaches Arrested /Book Richardson is One 1 week 3 days ago #263202

• Las Vegan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
The NCAA level of corruption rivals that of the Olympic Committee. The FBI could open a RICO investigation since there are so many predicate violations. College sports would be better served with a complete overhaul of the governing body. The NCAA needs to be replaced.

Assistant Coaches Arrested /Book Richardson is One 5 days 23 hours ago #263561

• SJU85
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 787
Las Vegan wrote:
The NCAA level of corruption rivals that of the Olympic Committee. The FBI could open a RICO investigation since there are so many predicate violations. College sports would be better served with a complete overhaul of the governing body. The NCAA needs to be replaced.

You could throw FIFA in there too.

Assistant Coaches Arrested /Book Richardson is One 3 days 22 hours ago #263733

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16369
CollegeBasketbllTalk
@CBTonNBC
Report: Miami coach Jim Larranaga receives grand jury subpoena for FBI’s college basketball investigation

Assistant Coaches Arrested /Book Richardson is One 3 days 21 hours ago #263741

• redmannorth
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 3133
Paultzman wrote:
CollegeBasketbllTalk
@CBTonNBC
Report: Miami coach Jim Larranaga receives grand jury subpoena for FBI’s college basketball investigation

Unfortunate as I truly believe he is a good guy. Of course nothing for Louisville, Kentucky , Arizona, Kansas , UNC , Duke etc. What a shame that this is the coach they chose to go after.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuchsia

Assistant Coaches Arrested /Book Richardson is One 3 days 21 hours ago #263742

• Sju grad 13
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171
redmannorth wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
CollegeBasketbllTalk
@CBTonNBC

Unfortunate as I truly believe he is a good guy. Of course nothing for Louisville, Kentucky , Arizona, Kansas , UNC , Duke etc. What a shame that this is the coach they chose to go after.

Starting to believe no school is going to get punished for their actions. NCAA is really dropping the ball here.
Key

Assistant Coaches Arrested /Book Richardson is One 3 days 20 hours ago #263753

• Class of 72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2353
Sju grad 13 wrote:
redmannorth wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
CollegeBasketbllTalk
@CBTonNBC

Starting to believe no school is going to get punished for their actions. NCAA is really dropping the ball here.

You are partly correct. The NCAA will not punish itself and obviously bends over backwards to excuse the violations of blue bloods, the FBI is less forgiving and the schools you mentioned have all been effectively served notice that they are and will be under scrutiny for years to come. The farce of amateur collegiate sports is now under a microscope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sju grad 13

Assistant Coaches Arrested /Book Richardson is One 3 days 20 hours ago #263755

• otis
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 1321
Paultzman wrote:
CollegeBasketbllTalk
@CBTonNBC

I would be happy if i read that one of Sid Wilson's "Advisors" receive a subpoena to at the Grand Jury.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew2

Assistant Coaches Arrested /Book Richardson is One 3 days 20 hours ago #263757

• Class of 72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2353
otis wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
CollegeBasketbllTalk
@CBTonNBC

I would be happy if i read that one of Sid Wilson's "Advisors" receive a subpoena to at the Grand Jury.

St. John's could have restricted but didn't. If advisors received Nike kickbacks, so did Wilson. We chose to bend over.
In the end we were enablers maybe because Uconn may be a future Big East candidate in which case the league will bend over. Greek should become a second language at St. John's athletics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: salty dog, Andrew2
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds