Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rothstein Piece on Simon/Clark Impact

Rothstein Article on Simon and Clark 1 week 14 hours ago #258104

• Knight
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1017
I'm happy to give these guys time to show what they have. Good shooter/Bad shooter, time will tell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rothstein Article on Simon and Clark 1 week 13 hours ago #258107

• Lopez_13
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Simon is very athletic. There are plenty of things they can do to help him succeed if his 3 point shooting isn't up to par. He can post up smaller guards in man to man, he can be put In the high post against a 2-3 zone, he can be used in a pick and roll with Marcus or Shamorie, and use his athleticism to get to the basket. I think there is too much emphasis on stats, Tariq didn't have good stats at Tennessee and he was one of the most impactful players on the team last year.

Rothstein Article on Simon and Clark 1 week 10 hours ago #258124

• fuchsia
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 364
bamafan wrote:
usguard wrote:
MCNPA wrote:
usguard wrote:
JackofVirginia wrote:
Clark mentioned running, heck who's better then our speedy Ponds and Lovett. But that means we need to rebound and pitch out, add Simon, another quick guard to the mixture, and no one will stop us getting easy baskets. Isn't that what its all about? Beat the defense downcourt.

We will see about Simon he did not have good stats at Zona, His shooting was not good . He attacks the basket,rebounds and handles the ball pretty good If he took the time off to practice his shooting we could have a nice surprise In high school he was special but it seems his skills did not transfer to D1 big time program He has talent ,size and speed ,hoped he has worked hard if he did which a assume coached has worked on his weaknesses then he could be an impact player for us

To say his stats weren't good is kinda silly. He played 7 minutes a game as a freshman. It's impossible to draw any conclusions from stats based on literally garbage-time minutes per game. He literally took only 46 shots all season and 3 treys. How can you even say his shooting isn't good from that sample-size?

look stats do not lie if it is over 2 games or 20 His foul shooting was also bad So lets agree his shooting is at best needs to improve If he shot like Ponds he would still be playing for
MS That being said I like that he is playing for us was just trying to say if he improved those weaknesses he could be special for us
He played for Arizona, Clark was at MSU. Stats do lie sometimes especially when the minutes played per game barely allowed him to break a sweat.

Rattling around in some dark recess of my brain is Dr. Venezia's class on sample size and power attempting to emerge to agree with the idea that stats can lie.

Rothstein Article on Simon and Clark 1 week 8 hours ago #258132

• usguard
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 541
Lopez_13 wrote:
Simon is very athletic. There are plenty of things they can do to help him succeed if his 3 point shooting isn't up to par. He can post up smaller guards in man to man, he can be put In the high post against a 2-3 zone, he can be used in a pick and roll with Marcus or Shamorie, and use his athleticism to get to the basket. I think there is too much emphasis on stats, Tariq didn't have good stats at Tennessee and he was one of the most impactful players on the team last year.

True it is just one barometer that bares attention

Rothstein Article on Simon and Clark 1 week 8 hours ago #258134

• SJ_NYC
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 405
Sir Dom couldn't shoot a lick and he was awesome by the end of his career.

I hope that Simon is a better shooter than Dom was. That withstanding, while Dom is taller, it sounds like Simon is a similarly ferocious athlete - and thus will be most welcomed by this team - especially on defense.

(I also hope that it doesn't take Simon as many seasons as Dom did to be a hugely positive contributing force).

Rothstein Piece on Simon/Clark Impact 1 week 8 hours ago #258135

• JackofVirginia
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 695
Paul Massell wrote:
Realistically this team can win 7 more games based upon some incremental improvement in defense and Yakwe and Owens playing with some additional maturity. That includes winning the games we should win against inferior competition and a few more over last season. If defense becomes a team priority and it is executed well and a consistent 40, this is a really dangerous team who will score A LOT of points because we have a roster full of guys that are end to end fast and can shoot the ball.

Agreed. We cannot afford to have Owens in foul trouble since I don't consider Yakwe a center.

Rothstein Article on Simon and Clark 4 days 2 hours ago #258245

• Sju grad 13
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 116
I was just watching Justin Simon on Instagram. Dude is a physical monster. I think he's more than 230. Has to be.
Key

Rothstein Article on Simon and Clark 4 days 1 hour ago #258247

• Paul Massell
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2701
Sju grad 13 wrote:
I was just watching Justin Simon on Instagram. Dude is a physical monster. I think he's more than 230. Has to be.

Think you mean Marv(elous) Clark
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Rothstein Article on Simon and Clark 4 days 1 hour ago #258251

• Sju grad 13
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 116
Paul Massell wrote:
Sju grad 13 wrote:

Think you mean Marv(elous) Clark

I'm confident it was Simon. I'm aware Clark is a beast for real.
Key
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds