Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 NCAA East Regional.....

2020 NCAA East Regional..... 2 months 1 week ago #251369

  • MarkRedman
  • MarkRedman's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2701
  • Thank you received: 1507
  • Karma: 27
Will be hosted by St John's and the Big East at MSG
Hope will be in the field on our home court
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2020 NCAA East Regional..... 2 months 1 week ago #251370

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2285
  • Thank you received: 799
  • Karma: -377
MarkRedman wrote:
Will be hosted by St John's and the Big East at MSG
Hope will be in the field on our home court

We can be in the tournament field, but we can't play there. Would have to be put in another region.

2021 East Regionals are in Brooklyn, at Barclays Center. That, we can appear in, because it is not our home court, and we will not be the hosts.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by SJU61982.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2020 NCAA East Regional..... 2 months 1 week ago #251405

  • MarkRedman
  • MarkRedman's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2701
  • Thank you received: 1507
  • Karma: 27
SJU61982 wrote:
MarkRedman wrote:
Will be hosted by St John's and the Big East at MSG
Hope will be in the field on our home court

We can be in the tournament field, but we can't play there. Would have to be put in another region.

2021 East Regionals are in Brooklyn, at Barclays Center. That, we can appear in, because it is not our home court, and we will not be the hosts.

You're right, mea culpa
I would just be happy to see us in the tournament at ANY site
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2020 NCAA East Regional..... 2 months 1 week ago #251461

The Committee probably wouldn't have us play at Barclays, just thinkin'.....

I wonder who is the host at Barclays, LIU-Brooklyn? St. Francis Brooklyn? the two closest schools? St. Joseph's College? (fka St. Joseph's College for Women, might be the closest college to Barclays)

I want to be in the Big Dance anywhere/anytime, just soon and btw to last for a few games. I am greedy, no more Detroit Mercy's and No. Arizona's, etc.PLEEASE.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2020 NCAA East Regional..... 2 months 1 week ago #251465

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 7480
  • Thank you received: 2531
  • Karma: -6351
BrookJersey Redmen wrote:
The Committee probably wouldn't have us play at Barclays, just thinkin'.....

I wonder who is the host at Barclays, LIU-Brooklyn? St. Francis Brooklyn? the two closest schools? St. Joseph's College? (fka St. Joseph's College for Women, might be the closest college to Barclays)

I want to be in the Big Dance anywhere/anytime, just soon and btw to last for a few games. I am greedy, no more Detroit Mercy's and No. Arizona's, etc.PLEEASE.

Why wouldn't they? Duke and UNC play out of the Carolina sites all the time. Are you saying just that is SJU's luck. Of course the premise is we would need to be a high seed which we haven't seen in years.
Remember who broke the Slice news
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2020 NCAA East Regional..... 2 months 1 week ago #251562

  • SJUClassof12
  • SJUClassof12's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 88
  • Thank you received: 34
  • Karma: 7
There is a certain amount of games you can play at the venue before you can't play there in the tournament. Nova did it a couple years ago only played at Wells Fargo like twice the entire season.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2020 NCAA East Regional..... 2 months 1 week ago #251565

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2285
  • Thank you received: 799
  • Karma: -377
SJUClassof12 wrote:
There is a certain amount of games you can play at the venue before you can't play there in the tournament. Nova did it a couple years ago only played at Wells Fargo like twice the entire season.

Even so, we're the host of the event, so that automatically takes us out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds