Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bronx Bombers 2017 Season Thread

Bronx Bombers 2017 Season Thread 1 day 6 hours ago #259571

• oldschool Redmen
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 472
Sweeping the Mets is all great and all, but it doesn't mean a thing to me if we can't take atleast 2 of 3 at Fenway.

On a sidenote: Why does Girardi wait to long to take Mitchell out? I seen Granderson on deck, I'm saying to myself if this guy gets on, then Girardi better pull Mitchell, he can't face Granderson.
So Girardi leaves Mitchell in, and on the first pitch hit a Grand Slam.
You gotta be kidding me with that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

Bronx Bombers 2017 Season Thread 1 day 6 hours ago #259572

• bamafan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1354
oldschool Redmen wrote:
Sweeping the Mets is all great and all, but it doesn't mean a thing to me if we can't take atleast 2 of 3 at Fenway.

On a sidenote: Why does Girardi wait to long to take Mitchell out? I seen Granderson on deck, I'm saying to myself if this guy gets on, then Girardi better pull Mitchell, he can't face Granderson.
Maybe he was waiting for a save situation (tying run on deck). You know how these players are concerned with their stats above winning. :sick:

Bronx Bombers 2017 Season Thread 1 day 6 hours ago #259573

• Delaware
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 90
My opinion of Girardi lessens with every game. I really don't understand many of his moves, and even non-moves. He is really tough to take a liking to.

Bronx Bombers 2017 Season Thread 22 hours 29 minutes ago #259574

• SJU85
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 752
oldschool Redmen wrote:

You are hoping with a five run lead Mitchell can get three outs without you having to use your top relievers so they are fully rested for Boston. If he doesn't and gives up a grand slam (which he did) Betances comes in and you still have a two run lead.

You know you are not going to get length from Montgomery and Sabathia (5 and fly as he is not going to let them stay in to face a lineup the third 5ime around the order) this weekend even if they are pitching well, so a fully rested bullpen would be great. Betances wound up throwing 11 pitches.

I am not a fan of Giraldi. One of my criticism is he gets his top relievers (his "circle of trust") up too often even with a decent size lead. If Betrances had been brought in earlier I would have been fuming even though Mitchell wound up giving up the grand slam.

With the 13 man pitching staff we have been using, the 13th man doesn't pitch often and when he does his location is usually off. And this is what you get sometimes. Mitchell's last time out he did really well.

On to Boston!!!!
Last Edit: 22 hours 25 minutes ago by SJU85.

Bronx Bombers 2017 Season Thread 21 hours 33 minutes ago #259575

• section10
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
how sweep it is.
bravo sanchez - a healthy, all season long sanchez might have had boston chasing the pinstripes.
bravo severino - comeback pitcher of year - yankee starter in wild card playoff game.
dear mitchell, i did not mean for you to take chapman's place & give me the 9th inning shakes.

Bronx Bombers 2017 Season Thread 21 hours 2 minutes ago #259576

• Knight
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1028
Let's take some time to enjoy winning 4 in a row. Let's stretch the streak to 7.
Beat Boston!
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

Bronx Bombers 2017 Season Thread 20 hours 58 minutes ago #259577

• Knight
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1028
The Yankees are NY's team.
nypost.com/2017/08/17/yankees-own-new-york-once-again/

"In 2017, the Yankees again own Baseball New York."
- Joel Sherman -
Last Edit: 20 hours 51 minutes ago by Knight.
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds