Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017-2018 Season

2017-2018 Season 1 week 5 days ago #261104

• Manhattan1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
If we want more MSG games fans need to show up. We are not drawing against Marquette, Butler, DePaul, Creighton and Xavier unless we are top 15 team.
It makes sense there is no home court advantage.
My sense is staff really wants to make sure they make NCAA's this year and best chance of doing that is playing the opponents on campus.
Secondly, this is a money issue, school was losing big money playing at MSG. Said on the Jungle the school loses money if they do not sell 10,000 tickets. This does not include tickets given away to organizations and family.
MSG scheduling is nonsense, MSG is dark from Jan 21 to Jan 30 to set up for Grammy's. 2/10 for Marquette is at CA but MSG is free. 1/6 vs Depaul is at CA but MSG is free. NBA starting two weeks earlier so plenty available dates this was a school decision not MSG.
Two additional dates could have been found if they really wanted to play at MSG.
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Manhattan1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2017-2018 Season 1 week 5 days ago #261119

• richard steinfeld
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1078
Manhattan1 wrote:
If we want more MSG games fans need to show up. We are not drawing against Marquette, Butler, DePaul, Creighton and Xavier unless we are top 15 team.
It makes sense there is no home court advantage.
My sense is staff really wants to make sure they make NCAA's this year and best chance of doing that is playing the opponents on campus.
Secondly, this is a money issue, school was losing big money playing at MSG. Said on the Jungle the school loses money if they do not sell 10,000 tickets. This does not include tickets given away to organizations and family.
MSG scheduling is nonsense, MSG is dark from Jan 21 to Jan 30 to set up for Grammy's. 2/10 for Marquette is at CA but MSG is free. 1/6 vs Depaul is at CA but MSG is free. NBA starting two weeks earlier so plenty available dates this was a school decision not MSG.
Two additional dates could have been found if they really wanted to play at MSG.
I agree. This gives us more of a home court advantage and saves money..Schools like Syracuse is tantamount to a neutral court, giving us a disadvantage. But, they draw well. Can't blame SJU for not scheduling DePaul at MSG, not exactly a big time draw.

2017-2018 Season 1 week 4 days ago #261138

• Jaden Daly
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Back from a long break with a belated post of takeaways on the Big East schedule...I grouped Seton Hall in on this one too, so my apologies for straying into enemy territory!

dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2017/09/big...akeaways-for-st.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, Paultzman, JackofVirginia

2017-2018 Season 1 week 4 days ago #261175

• Knight
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1054
Getting close-
28 Days until Friday, October 13, 2017 (Midnight Madness).

2017-2018 Season 1 week 4 days ago #261180

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1644
Jaden Daly wrote:
Back from a long break with a belated post of takeaways on the Big East schedule...I grouped Seton Hall in on this one too, so my apologies for straying into enemy territory!

dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2017/09/big...akeaways-for-st.html

Just my take, it's not a daily dose if you can take days off all willy nilly, much less take long breaks.
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.

2017-2018 Season 1 week 3 days ago #261226

• Knight
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1054
From Jon Rothstein's 20 Impact Transfers-

Justin Simon, St. John’s: A former top-25 recruit, the 6-4 Simon has the type of basketball body that Norman Rockwell would have painted. A freak athlete who never found a regular spot in Arizona’s rotation two years ago, this California native will be a key piece for the Red Storm on defense thanks to his size, strength, and athleticism. With Simon in tow, look for Chris Mullin to regularly use him in a three-guard alongside Marcus Lovett and Shamorie Ponds.

Marvin Clark, St. John’s: Tougher than a two-dollar steak, this former Michigan State forward comes to New York City with the responsibility of leading St. John’s back to the top tier of the Big East. Armed with the strength to guard the low post on defense and extend the floor on offense, Clark brings major experience to the Red Storm after being a key contributor when Michigan State advanced to the Final Four in 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, capmaker, richard steinfeld, Andrew2, Sju grad 13

2017-2018 Season 1 week 3 days ago #261235

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16058
Per Zach B
St. John's secret scrimmage will be against Hofstra, I'm told. Date TBA. #sjubb

2017-2018 Season 1 week 3 days ago #261238

• bamafan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1387
Paultzman wrote:
Per Zach B
Won't be secret if it is announced. :huh: Don't understand why NCAA doesn't just allow an exhibition game or even if kept as a scrimmage to be on the schedule and allow fan attendance. They could even donate any money made after expenses to charity.

2017-2018 Season 1 week 2 days ago #261266

• L J S A
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2325
Paultzman wrote:
Per Zach B

I hate these secret scrimmages, mostly because Baldi always seems to claim we lost, and then conflicting accounts surface afterward.
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds