Met 2017 Season thread 6 days 6 hours ago #257024

• sjc88
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 350
Spocky Ramone wrote:
sjc88 wrote:
JackofVirginia wrote:
Is it me or does Sandy Alderson buy his clothes from Goodwill? Loved his statement yesterday about bringing up Rosario. When we bring him up we don't want it to be for short time. So what if you send him back, he's a big boy. Any way he performs has to be better then the faltering Reyes, have to believe he is finished.

Jack, I think Alderson dresses from the Dwight D. Eisenhower collection of Field and Stream. (I just made this up, but that's what I think where he gets inspiration for his clothes)

The Rosario logic from the Mets is frustrating. They are ok bringing up Gavin Cecchini a prospect in his own right as a former #1 pick. Yet, Cecchini is hitting a weak .249 in the hitter haven of the PCL. On top of that, Cecchini has turned out to be a defensive question mark who is basically limited to 2nd base. Scouts have described his defense as "mechanical". He also already has 6 errors. So I ask, why are they "protecting" Rosario who is a good defensive player yet rewarding a former #1 who is profiling as nothing more than a bench player if that. Very puzzling.
Word is Ahmed lacks plate discipline (aka swings at too many bad pitches). I think they want to improve that before promoting him

Spocky, I have heard that as well. However, why promote Cecchini who isn't hitting enough and clearly needs work on defense. Late in a game Cecchini is a liability with a questionable bat. Rosario is a potential gold glove (not per me but according to a scout, take it FWIW) who should hit eventually. Have we given up on developing Cecchini a former #1 pick? I also see no harm telling a kid, "hey we want to see you for 10 days or until Cabrera is back". Then you go down to AAA. Plus if he is ever successful what a boost of confidence that could be! Oh well its the Mets.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Met 2017 Season thread 5 days 2 hours ago #257133

• Delaware
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 86
City Field looked empty early in the game today in a series VS. the first place team.

Met 2017 Season thread 5 days 2 hours ago #257137

• mjmaherjr
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5801
Delaware wrote:
City Field looked empty early in the game today in a series VS. the first place team.
Suffering a case of Murphyitis

Met 2017 Season thread 1 day 16 hours ago #257352

• Beast of the East
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5149
Oh the good old days are back. Middle of June, season over. Read some books, catch up on Netflix series, go to the beach or movies.

Want to catch a game with family or friends on a perfect summer's day or night? Plenty of cheap seats.

Met 2017 Season thread 1 day 15 hours ago #257354

• Spocky Ramone
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 240
Beast of the East wrote:
Oh the good old days are back. Middle of June, season over. Read some books, catch up on Netflix series, go to the beach or movies.

Want to catch a game with family or friends on a perfect summer's day or night? Plenty of cheap seats.
1979? Yuck.

Each and every fan in attendance will have their own vendor.
Upon my every statement you can have complete reliance.
I know more than you do, call me Dr. Science!

Met 2017 Season thread 1 day 12 hours ago #257356

• Logen
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1779
But at least the Mets started Rosario at 3rd last night in Triple A!! I guess they figured there wasn't enough chance of him getting hurt at SS.

Met 2017 Season thread 1 day 12 hours ago #257357

• Beast of the East
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5149
Last night's game was so ridiculously a slaughter that Keith Hernandez was openly rooting for the Dodgers to get a man on with two out and two on in the 8th so that Corey Seager would get a shot at his 4th homerun.

When Forsythe flew out to end the inning, Hernandez dejectedly said, "Oh, drat."
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds