TOPIC: Transfers SJU May Get Involved With

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 4 days ago #249063

• Andrew2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1456
Paultzman wrote:
Per Zach
A few names I'm hearing St. John's will be involved with: Marcus Evans (Rice), Peter Kiss (Quinnipiac), Michael Weathers (Miami, Oh) #sjubb

Kiss info
q30television.com/2016/01/19/quinnipiac-...is-a-kiss-off-glass/

Because even if Lovett stays this year thats it. These kids sit out a year and replace him. Could have a nice Junior backcourt with Ponds and Simon and a good transfer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, gonzalo, Sju grad 13

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 4 days ago #249065

• RedStormRising2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 142
We should just offer everyone who decommited Washington. Also does Peter Kiss come with Ace Frehley and Gene Simmons?

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 4 days ago #249068

• Class of 72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2040
As long as we do not have to suffer the comical lineup that includes a 6'7 center that loses every opening tip, can't rebound or score, I am OK with a transfer guard. The first transfer better be a guy 6'9 or bigger though.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 4 days ago #249069

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14480
Zach B added Enoch to his initial list above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew2

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 4 days ago #249098

• MCNPA
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 962
Paultzman wrote:
Zach B added Enoch to his initial list above.

I like Enoch's upside. Big kid who is athletic and can score around the basket. His numbers might be low right now, but I think he'd be a good fit for us.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 4 days ago #249102

• Brellstorm
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Doesn't Enoch's skill set remind you exactly of Sima and Yakwe's skills? This rawness did not appear to take a jump forward in either of Yakwe or Sima's soph seasons. I would rather have a bit more refined rugged rebounder and sacrifice the athleticism.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 4 days ago #249110

• jpm114
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 142
Paultz not to be disrespectful to you, MCNPA or anyone else but I'm just not sure about Enoch. He's a big strong kid but at least when I've seen him struggles with lateral movement. Also, as I ask and look for with any big kid. Does he catch the ball?? In that area I think he's just ok not great. Also I must say I don't think it's fair to lump Yakwe in with Sima. Yankwe is simply a traditional PF as opposed to a stretch 4 who does not have the physical bulk to play as an undersized center. He is however a much smarter basketball player who understands concepts on defense. I love the fact that he's a shot blocker who takes charges when that's the play to make. Playing time at the 4 and 5 positions is more a function of matchups but Yakwe can be a useful player, not sure about Sima.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Paultzman, redken, JackofVirginia

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 4 days ago #249116

• Coaster
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 88
Mr. JPM114. I have to disagree wholeheartedly with your statement about Yawke .... "He is however a much smarter basketball player who understands concepts on defense. I love the fact that he's a shot blocker who takes charges when that's the play to make." This past season he appeared to be lost on both ends of the floor, has no offensive moves and/or skills whatsoever (other than dunking off a simple pick and go), and often gets caught out of position. Taking a charge was simply a matter of him being in the right place (probably out of his position). I would very much like to see him improve and succeed, but don't see it based on his 16-17 season.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 4 days ago #249121

• stjohnschris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 217
jpm114 wrote:
Paultz not to be disrespectful to you, MCNPA or anyone else but I'm just not sure about Enoch. He's a big strong kid but at least when I've seen him struggles with lateral movement. Also, as I ask and look for with any big kid. Does he catch the ball?? In that area I think he's just ok not great. Also I must say I don't think it's fair to lump Yakwe in with Sima. Yankwe is simply a traditional PF as opposed to a stretch 4 who does not have the physical bulk to play as an undersized center. He is however a much smarter basketball player who understands concepts on defense. I love the fact that he's a shot blocker who takes charges when that's the play to make. Playing time at the 4 and 5 positions is more a function of matchups but Yakwe can be a useful player, not sure about Sima.

He's a pure athlete, can jump out of the gym and gives us some highlight reel blocks and (sometimes) dunks, but neither Sima nor Yakwe are traditional anything, C or PF, and both lack overall basketball IQ. If we can put together a more balanced team next year, maybe we see Yakwe contribute more and realize his potential.
Time to create page: 0.639 seconds