Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Transfers SJU May Get Involved With

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 hours 31 minutes ago #251973

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 4034
  • Thank you received: 1505
  • Karma: -559
Happy wrote:
MarkRedman wrote:
Happy wrote:
MarkRedman wrote:
Happy wrote:
Delaware wrote:
You can't have a "0" in any recruiting year. It sets a program back dramatically. That is where we are headed. Its a shame because we had momentum in this area.

Marvin Clark, Justin Simon, and Isaac Kante is your version of a 0 ?

We did not recruit Clark and Simon during this recruiting season
And we don't have Kante just yet
Our recruiting during the 2016-17 school year has yielded ABSOLUTELY ZERO so far

We recruited them for the 2017 season. Delaware said we can't go O for a recruiting year and that is simply not true. Some people just won't be happy until we get a commitment every 2 weeks and that just isn't how it works. You do not have to put an emphasis on the caps to make me realize that you are in that " some people" category. :)

Happy - I respect your knowledge and appreciate your posts. But I can't believe that you (or anyone else) can think our staff has done well on the recruiting front since we brought in Clark and Simon. I will be the first to say that we have recruited extremely well since Mullin and staff have come on board.. But, to not be able to bring in one competent "big" kid to supplement a pretty good roster of talent for next year is a major disappointment IMO.

Thanks for the kind words but in all fairness we really only had 1 scholarship to allocate during the year until Sima decided to transfer . 1 turned into 4 with the transfers and it's really late to be entering in to anyone's recruitment for 2017 much less a competent big man . I have said many times on here that we should have recruited Hasahn French instead of Zach Brown and that was a mistake by the staff. Btw Kante is competent ( not spectacular ) but fits into what we need and that's rebounding and defense. I have been told by a couple of people that he is coming and I have no reason to doubt these people . The plan all along was to load up for a big 2018 class and i will be on the disappointed wagon as well if we swing and miss. :)

weren't they actually at the limit of scholarships for next year at the beginning of the seaon, and then sima left to free one up which brown took? of course they were recruiting brown anyway and would have expected at least one person to transfer. Also I'm surprised to hear that shamori would be so anxious to go to Europe after just 2 years and that we're assuming that Beshir will not use the third year of eligibility he came to campus with. Excuse the typos I'm dictating to the phone waiting for a flight to Vegas.
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 hours 28 minutes ago #251974

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 8106
  • Thank you received: 5485
  • Karma: 414
austour wrote:
Happy wrote:
MarkRedman wrote:
Happy wrote:
MarkRedman wrote:
Happy wrote:
Delaware wrote:
You can't have a "0" in any recruiting year. It sets a program back dramatically. That is where we are headed. Its a shame because we had momentum in this area.

Marvin Clark, Justin Simon, and Isaac Kante is your version of a 0 ?

We did not recruit Clark and Simon during this recruiting season
And we don't have Kante just yet
Our recruiting during the 2016-17 school year has yielded ABSOLUTELY ZERO so far

We recruited them for the 2017 season. Delaware said we can't go O for a recruiting year and that is simply not true. Some people just won't be happy until we get a commitment every 2 weeks and that just isn't how it works. You do not have to put an emphasis on the caps to make me realize that you are in that " some people" category. :)

Happy - I respect your knowledge and appreciate your posts. But I can't believe that you (or anyone else) can think our staff has done well on the recruiting front since we brought in Clark and Simon. I will be the first to say that we have recruited extremely well since Mullin and staff have come on board.. But, to not be able to bring in one competent "big" kid to supplement a pretty good roster of talent for next year is a major disappointment IMO.

Thanks for the kind words but in all fairness we really only had 1 scholarship to allocate during the year until Sima decided to transfer . 1 turned into 4 with the transfers and it's really late to be entering in to anyone's recruitment for 2017 much less a competent big man . I have said many times on here that we should have recruited Hasahn French instead of Zach Brown and that was a mistake by the staff. Btw Kante is competent ( not spectacular ) but fits into what we need and that's rebounding and defense. I have been told by a couple of people that he is coming and I have no reason to doubt these people . The plan all along was to load up for a big 2018 class and i will be on the disappointed wagon as well if we swing and miss. :)

weren't they actually at the limit of scholarships for next year at the beginning of the seaon, and then sima left to free one up which brown took? of course they were recruiting brown anyway and would have expected at least one person to transfer. Also I'm surprised to hear that shamori would be so anxious to go to Europe after just 2 years and that we're assuming that Beshir will not use the third year of eligibility he came to campus with. Excuse the typos I'm dictating to the phone waiting for a flight to Vegas.
Bashir has a potential 3rd yr of eligibility ? BTW whatever you do in Vegas dont got to the roulette table and bet on red. As a st johns fan just bet on black
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 hours 23 minutes ago #251975

  • Happy
  • Happy's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 467
  • Thank you received: 820
  • Karma: 22
bamafan wrote:
Happy wrote:
bamafan wrote:
Paul Massell wrote:
Jeff Borzello‏
UConn transfer Steven Enoch confirms to ESPN that he's committed to Louisville. Sit one, play two. Former ESPN 100 prospect.
Too bad he wasn't good enough for us.

Ok in hopes of this same silly post being repeated over and over by you everytime a kid over 6'8 commits someplace else.. Let me tell you how this works .Kid announces his intention to transfer .. Our staff sends feelers to his guardian, handler whatever you want to call it to gauge interest. Based on that feedback a choice is made to proceed or not proceed in recruiting the kid.. In this case there was not much interest and we moved on. Like the kid or not , we were not good enough for him. Next :)
First off it's not I who repeats this kind of post. Secondly was taking a mild shot at posters who stated they didn't want him because he was not good enough. I admit I have no idea what the staff is doing recruiting wise nor do I p r e t e n d to. Thirdly do you have any more made up rumors about recruits or staff ala your Mike Rice illusions? ;) :)

Fair enough .. Maybe I should have worded the post a little better. It should have read " so other posters don't repeat the same post over and over again. As far as Illusions or made up rumors go.. Sometimes I'm right , sometimes I'm wrong but nothing is made up. I've been on this forum for too long for that kind of nonsense. Perhaps moving forward you should just skip over my posts? :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 hours 16 minutes ago #251976

  • Happy
  • Happy's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 467
  • Thank you received: 820
  • Karma: 22
Back on topic .. I see Peter Kiss just committed to Rutgers . Not sure how well he will do in that conference but the effort is there from the kid.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 hours 4 minutes ago #251977

  • Enright
  • Enright's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 532
  • Thank you received: 230
  • Karma: 9
Going zero for a recruiting year is nowhere as bad as it use to be because the leniency in allowing grad transfers to play right away allows teams to recover quicker than a few years ago.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 1 hour 51 minutes ago #251978

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 4034
  • Thank you received: 1505
  • Karma: -559
Sorry confused Darien's 3'years with Bashir.
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 1 hour 43 minutes ago #251979

  • Happy
  • Happy's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 467
  • Thank you received: 820
  • Karma: 22
austour wrote:
Sorry confused Darien's 3'years with Bashir.

I wish you were right because Bashir if given 3 years might have just gotten under control . I can't remember a player in St. John's history that made me as nuts as he does :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 50 minutes ago #251986

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 8106
  • Thank you received: 5485
  • Karma: 414
fun wrote:
Boo Harvey wrote:
Again, beneath all the sarcasm it's difficult to decipher your point. .

Sorry, my point is that yes, everyone knows they need a big man and haven't signed one and is disappointed by that. I know it, you know it, they know it. Everyone knows they need help up front and everyone knows there doesn't seem to be any. I find the constant incessant plodding repetition of that fact exhausting. If we were on a desert island and there were no ice cubes would you keep repeating that we really could use some ice cubes and then some other guy writes I WANT SOME ICE CUBES in all cap WHY AREN'T THERE ANY ICE CUBES and then moron number three posts a picture of an ice berg and then someone else says that there must be ice cubes out there some where because he once visited Bali and they had ice cubes in the mai tais so it's not like all islands lack ice and then some other dunce notes that they have must have ICE in ICELAND because ICE is in the name and then moron number three posts a jpeg of a lutefisk and then someone mentions the possibility that some Serbian ice might become available and everyone complains that Serbian ice isn't cold enough and it makes me want to blow my brains out. That was my point.
SJU Basketball for a large chunk of our lifetime since Looie retired. No need for me to show in iceberg picture. We all know how it usually ends :)



titanic-in-3d-wallpapers-1920x1080-8.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.569 seconds