• Thank you received: 65
Amaseinyourface wrote:
SJU85 wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:
fun wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:
fun wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:
Queens is not a shit hole. It is the most diverse county in the country.

Prison is pretty diverse too, but I wouldn't want to spend four years there.

Seriously and no offense intended but have you ever been off Long Island? Queens is awful and Jamaica makes Raleigh look like Paris.

I didn't realize you were up near Albany. I thought you lived somewhere nice.

Golly that's hurtful. For the record, upstate New York is beautiful. You should visit sometime. It has a delineated seasons, majestic mountains, raging rivers, pristine lakes, and interesting wildlife. I'm a half an hour from some of the premier concert venues and art museums in the country. I'm half an hour from the best thoroughbred racing meet in the world. Land is cheap, taxes are low (for NY) and traffic is non existent. And best of all it has fewer New Yorkers than almost anywhere else in New York. I mean sure, it's not paradise: there isn't a 7-11 on every corner and we don't have too many Olive Gardens (fingers crossed) but there is a Cracker Barrel up the road a piece if I feel the need for cheap bad food. It's by no means ideal, but utopia by definition doesn't exist. If it did it wouldn't be utopia.

All of which is immaterial to the point: that for a college student choosing between Jamaica and nearly anywhere else on the basis of location and culture is a no brainer. Because other than proximity to Manhattan there's nothing that Queens offers that's any other college town doesn't offer as well. Which is why SJU might be an attractive destination not for domestic players but for foreign ones - because when they think of the US they think of NY. But it's also why NY players want to get out, because they've seen the sheer awfulness of it.

btw I love Saratoga and Ballston Spa the bottle capital of the world.

I will be up in Saratoga on business next week. Any suggestions for Dinner?

Druthers Brewery

Henry St. Taproom
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 months 2 weeks ago #253311

• Steve Knortz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
www.verbalcommits.com/players/mikyle-mcintosh

Last season averaged about 6 rebounds and 12 points. Immediately eligible.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 months 2 weeks ago #253314

• Class of 72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2236
Steve Knortz wrote:

We can't get him because all the minutes have been allocated in advance to 10 players. Of course only 5 warrant guaranteed minutes but let's not quibble over excuses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, bamafan, JohnnyFan

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 months 2 weeks ago #253342

• Logen
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1783
Class of 72 wrote:
Steve Knortz wrote:

We can't get him because all the minutes have been allocated in advance to 10 players. Of course only 5 warrant guaranteed minutes but let's not quibble over excuses.

Of course the point was we don't have as many minutes as some think but don't let facts or objectivity get in the way of your whining. And by any count or analysis we have 6 players who warrant minutes and that doesn't include Mussini or Yakwe who certainly deserve and will get some. Funny, I seem to remember you complaining that Ponds and LoVett should never come off the court, that your best players should get the minutes and the shots.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 months 2 weeks ago #253370

• Class of 72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
Logen wrote:
Class of 72 wrote:
Steve Knortz wrote:

Of course the point was we don't have as many minutes as some think but don't let facts or objectivity get in the way of your whining. And by any count or analysis we have 6 players who warrant minutes and that doesn't include Mussini or Yakwe who certainly deserve and will get some. Funny, I seem to remember you complaining that Ponds and LoVett should never come off the court, that your best players should get the minutes and the shots.

You truly fit the mold of a few here when you bitch and moan about other fans whining. :whistle:
Urban Dictionary: This is what people frequently accuse each other of on the internet to make themselves look dominant, manly, or grown up, due to the fact that they don't actually feel this way in real life.

Re. "don't let facts or objectivity get in the way of your whining".

The fact is I frequently stated that there were only 3 players Mullin needed on the court most of the time: Ponds, Lovett and Ahmed. None of them are centers last time I checked.
The fact is Simon and Clark haven't played a frigging minute yet at SJU. We are all hoping Simon shows more than he did as a Freshman at Arizona. I expect Clark to either start or alternate with Bashir. Neither are centers.
The fact is that Kassoum Yakwe and Owens alternated at center last year and both sucked at the position.
Alibegovic is NOT a center.

So, Obi Wan Kenobi, tell us again why DePaul has minutes at center and we don't. ;)
Also, on what planet and what team, made up of players from 2 consecutive losing seasons, are minutes decided before we bounce the first basketball instead of earning those minutes? :unsure:

[/quote]
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Class of 72.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 months 2 weeks ago #253382

• RedStormNC
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 517
Get your hopes up as you choose to

Matt Abdelmassih‏Verified account @mabde33 42m42 minutes ago

BIG things ahead...guys locked & loaded...a lil break coming and back at it in a few weeks. Nothing will hold them back #SJUBB
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by RedStormNC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 months 2 weeks ago #253383

• JohnnyFan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1298
RedStormNC wrote:

BIG things ahead...guys locked & loaded...a lil break coming and back at it in a few weeks. Nothing will hold them back #SJUBB

Translation: This is our team. We are ready to ride and die with them. No new recruits coming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Class of 72, RedStormNC

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 months 2 weeks ago #253384

• Class of 72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
RedStormNC wrote:

All Matt is doing is giving a shout out to "last year's players".
They end school and will be on break until summer sessions.
No mention of "mystery recruits", surprise signings, or adding anyone of value with 3 open scholarships.
So, no cause to hope for anything but luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, frank61

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 months 2 weeks ago #253385

• bamafan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1344
JohnnyFan wrote:
RedStormNC wrote:

Translation: This is our team. We are ready to ride and die with them. No new recruits coming.
I think if the BE was a 6'6 and under league we would at minimum be a treat to win it. LoVett, Ponds, Simon, Ahmed, Clark, with Mussini and Yakwe off the bench.
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds