Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Transfers SJU May Get Involved With

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 13 hours ago #253183

  • Sju grad 13
  • Sju grad 13's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 124
  • Thank you received: 72
  • Karma: 11
Beast of the East wrote:
Why would you post this?? You had me scared as hell. I'm happy we weren't on this list.
Key
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 3 weeks 13 hours ago #253184

  • OLV72
  • OLV72's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 1039
  • Thank you received: 753
  • Karma: 22
Sju grad 13 wrote:
Beast of the East wrote:
Why would you post this?? You had me scared as hell. I'm happy we weren't on this list.

Did Duke's rise the number 3 coincide with the arrival of Grayson Allen?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 weeks 6 days ago #253240

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 4693
  • Thank you received: 2163
  • Karma: -131
In other news according to ESPN, Kevin Knox added to Kentucky's top-ranked recruiting class.
"He is the 6th five-star prospect to commit to John Calipari's program in the 2017 class, joining P.J. Washington (No. 11), Nick Richards (No. 16), Jarred Vanderbilt (No. 18), Quade Green (No. 23) and Hamidou Diallo.
Diallo enrolled at Kentucky in January, but didn't play and then entered his name into the NBA draft without an agent. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (No. 33) and Jemarl Baker (No. 63) are also in the fold.
Kevin Knox, the No. 2 small forward in the 2017 class, joins P.J. Washington, Nick Richards, Jarred Vanderbilt, Quade Green and Hamidou Diallo as five-star prospects who've committed to Kentucky. Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire
Calipari is not done in 2017, either.
Mohamed Bamba, the top uncommitted prospect still available, is choosing among Kentucky, Texas, Duke and Michigan."


Does anyone remember the last 5 star prospect signed by St. John's?  Let's reminisce.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 weeks 6 days ago #253247

  • redmannorth
  • redmannorth's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2812
  • Thank you received: 2887
  • Karma: 120
Class of 72 wrote:
In other news according to ESPN, Kevin Knox added to Kentucky's top-ranked recruiting class.
"He is the 6th five-star prospect to commit to John Calipari's program in the 2017 class, joining P.J. Washington (No. 11), Nick Richards (No. 16), Jarred Vanderbilt (No. 18), Quade Green (No. 23) and Hamidou Diallo.
Diallo enrolled at Kentucky in January, but didn't play and then entered his name into the NBA draft without an agent. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (No. 33) and Jemarl Baker (No. 63) are also in the fold.
Kevin Knox, the No. 2 small forward in the 2017 class, joins P.J. Washington, Nick Richards, Jarred Vanderbilt, Quade Green and Hamidou Diallo as five-star prospects who've committed to Kentucky. Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire
Calipari is not done in 2017, either.
Mohamed Bamba, the top uncommitted prospect still available, is choosing among Kentucky, Texas, Duke and Michigan."


Does anyone remember the last 5 star prospect signed by St. John's?  Let's reminisce.

Rysheed Jordan.
Ponds was a very high four star.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sju grad 13

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 weeks 6 days ago #253248

  • Sju grad 13
  • Sju grad 13's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 124
  • Thank you received: 72
  • Karma: 11
redmannorth wrote:
Class of 72 wrote:
In other news according to ESPN, Kevin Knox added to Kentucky's top-ranked recruiting class.
"He is the 6th five-star prospect to commit to John Calipari's program in the 2017 class, joining P.J. Washington (No. 11), Nick Richards (No. 16), Jarred Vanderbilt (No. 18), Quade Green (No. 23) and Hamidou Diallo.
Diallo enrolled at Kentucky in January, but didn't play and then entered his name into the NBA draft without an agent. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (No. 33) and Jemarl Baker (No. 63) are also in the fold.
Kevin Knox, the No. 2 small forward in the 2017 class, joins P.J. Washington, Nick Richards, Jarred Vanderbilt, Quade Green and Hamidou Diallo as five-star prospects who've committed to Kentucky. Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire
Calipari is not done in 2017, either.
Mohamed Bamba, the top uncommitted prospect still available, is choosing among Kentucky, Texas, Duke and Michigan."


Does anyone remember the last 5 star prospect signed by St. John's?  Let's reminisce.

Rysheed Jordan.
Ponds was a very high four star.

I was thinking Mo harkless as well.
Key
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 weeks 6 days ago #253251

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 3553
  • Thank you received: 2117
  • Karma: 345
Sju grad 13 wrote:
redmannorth wrote:
Class of 72 wrote:
In other news according to ESPN, Kevin Knox added to Kentucky's top-ranked recruiting class.
"He is the 6th five-star prospect to commit to John Calipari's program in the 2017 class, joining P.J. Washington (No. 11), Nick Richards (No. 16), Jarred Vanderbilt (No. 18), Quade Green (No. 23) and Hamidou Diallo.
Diallo enrolled at Kentucky in January, but didn't play and then entered his name into the NBA draft without an agent. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (No. 33) and Jemarl Baker (No. 63) are also in the fold.
Kevin Knox, the No. 2 small forward in the 2017 class, joins P.J. Washington, Nick Richards, Jarred Vanderbilt, Quade Green and Hamidou Diallo as five-star prospects who've committed to Kentucky. Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire
Calipari is not done in 2017, either.
Mohamed Bamba, the top uncommitted prospect still available, is choosing among Kentucky, Texas, Duke and Michigan."


Does anyone remember the last 5 star prospect signed by St. John's?  Let's reminisce.

Rysheed Jordan.
Ponds was a very high four star.

I was thinking Mo harkless as well.

Maybe after we hire Rice in early June Nick Richards will decommit and flip to us. B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 weeks 6 days ago #253253

  • MarkRedman
  • MarkRedman's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2617
  • Thank you received: 1419
  • Karma: 24
L J S A wrote:
Sju grad 13 wrote:
redmannorth wrote:
Class of 72 wrote:
In other news according to ESPN, Kevin Knox added to Kentucky's top-ranked recruiting class.
"He is the 6th five-star prospect to commit to John Calipari's program in the 2017 class, joining P.J. Washington (No. 11), Nick Richards (No. 16), Jarred Vanderbilt (No. 18), Quade Green (No. 23) and Hamidou Diallo.
Diallo enrolled at Kentucky in January, but didn't play and then entered his name into the NBA draft without an agent. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (No. 33) and Jemarl Baker (No. 63) are also in the fold.
Kevin Knox, the No. 2 small forward in the 2017 class, joins P.J. Washington, Nick Richards, Jarred Vanderbilt, Quade Green and Hamidou Diallo as five-star prospects who've committed to Kentucky. Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire
Calipari is not done in 2017, either.
Mohamed Bamba, the top uncommitted prospect still available, is choosing among Kentucky, Texas, Duke and Michigan."


Does anyone remember the last 5 star prospect signed by St. John's?  Let's reminisce.

Rysheed Jordan.
Ponds was a very high four star.

I was thinking Mo harkless as well.

Maybe after we hire Rice in early June Nick Richards will decommit and flip to us. B)

There's a better chance that my hair will grow back
I've been bald since 1996
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 weeks 6 days ago #253255

  • gman
  • gman's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2668
  • Thank you received: 1132
  • Karma: 12
Class of 72 wrote:
In other news according to ESPN, Kevin Knox added to Kentucky's top-ranked recruiting class.
"He is the 6th five-star prospect to commit to John Calipari's program in the 2017 class, joining P.J. Washington (No. 11), Nick Richards (No. 16), Jarred Vanderbilt (No. 18), Quade Green (No. 23) and Hamidou Diallo.
Diallo enrolled at Kentucky in January, but didn't play and then entered his name into the NBA draft without an agent. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (No. 33) and Jemarl Baker (No. 63) are also in the fold.
Kevin Knox, the No. 2 small forward in the 2017 class, joins P.J. Washington, Nick Richards, Jarred Vanderbilt, Quade Green and Hamidou Diallo as five-star prospects who've committed to Kentucky. Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire
Calipari is not done in 2017, either.
Mohamed Bamba, the top uncommitted prospect still available, is choosing among Kentucky, Texas, Duke and Michigan."


Does anyone remember the last 5 star prospect signed by St. John's?  Let's reminisce.

More importantly for all the people that give posters crap when they predict we will get a kid and he goes elsewhere, not a single "expert" predicted this kid would go to Kentucky.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by gman.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfers SJU May Get Involved With 2 weeks 6 days ago #253259

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 4693
  • Thank you received: 2163
  • Karma: -131
gman wrote:
Class of 72 wrote:
In other news according to ESPN, Kevin Knox added to Kentucky's top-ranked recruiting class.
"He is the 6th five-star prospect to commit to John Calipari's program in the 2017 class, joining P.J. Washington (No. 11), Nick Richards (No. 16), Jarred Vanderbilt (No. 18), Quade Green (No. 23) and Hamidou Diallo.
Diallo enrolled at Kentucky in January, but didn't play and then entered his name into the NBA draft without an agent. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (No. 33) and Jemarl Baker (No. 63) are also in the fold.
Kevin Knox, the No. 2 small forward in the 2017 class, joins P.J. Washington, Nick Richards, Jarred Vanderbilt, Quade Green and Hamidou Diallo as five-star prospects who've committed to Kentucky. Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire
Calipari is not done in 2017, either.
Mohamed Bamba, the top uncommitted prospect still available, is choosing among Kentucky, Texas, Duke and Michigan."


Does anyone remember the last 5 star prospect signed by St. John's?  Let's reminisce.

More importantly for all the people that give posters crap when they predict we will get a kid and he goes elsewhere, not a single "expert" predicted this kid would go to Kentucky.

It doesn't matter! Calipari markets Kentucky as preliminary stop before being selected by an NBA team. Players want to play with fellow future pros and scouts are at every game. However, as talented as the players are, history has shown, as well as Karma, that having talented players showcase their individual talent does not guarantee a championship.
The point is other than a half dozen blue bloods that sold their souls and tax payers dollars to the basketball program the field is wide open to get players on the periphery of 5 star but it takes a great sales pitch, a winning coach and a player not dreaming of an offer by a Kentucky, Duke, UNC or Kansas. In other words 5 really good college players with a good supporting cast with some upper classmen experience is the best winning formula as I think we all agree. Getting that complete 5 is the hard part because one weak position on the team can doom it when playing the big marbles games. That is why getting a legit center, even an average one, is key to a winning formula. Gonzaga had that this year in a Polish kid. No offense to Happy but writing off a kid like Rooks is very shortsighted because we have bubkis at center.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Class of 72.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds