Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ESPN Classic 1989 DePaul St John's- 1-3 Today 3/13

ESPN Classic 1989 DePaul St John's- 1-3 Today 3/13 7 months 5 days ago #247176

• sjc88
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 423
For those with interest and access. Right now on ESPN Classic is SJU vs DePaul from Nov 22, 1989.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: McGarry2, Knight

ESPN Classic 1989 DePaul St John's- 1-3 Today 3/13 7 months 5 days ago #247189

• SJU61982
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 830

ESPN Classic 1989 DePaul St John's- 1-3 Today 3/13 7 months 5 days ago #247190

• sjc88
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
Starting 5... Boo Harvey G, Chucky Sproling 2G, Malik Sealy F, Billy SingletonPF, Robert Werdann C.

Jason Buchanan played as well. Sean Muto backed up down low. That team lost a tough 2nd Round NCAA Tournament Game to Puke.

Team had nice size and good backcourt. Jayson Williams was in street clothes that night. I don't remember but he may have still been Prop 48 till mid season.

They did a real nice piece at the Half (1989) about St John's at the Garden. Terrance Mullin, Werdann and Sproling. They did interview outside Alumni Hall. Interesting to remember what it looked ilke then vs today. LOL Not much difference.

ESPN Classic 1989 DePaul St John's- 1-3 Today 3/13 7 months 5 days ago #247191

• SJU61982
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 830
sjc88 wrote:
Starting 5... Boo Harvey G, Chucky Sproling 2G, Malik Sealy F, Billy SingletonPF, Robert Werdann C.

Jason Buchanan played as well. Sean Muto backed up down low. That team lost a tough 2nd Round NCAA Tournament Game to Puke.

Team had nice size and good backcourt. Jayson Williams was in street clothes that night. I don't remember but he may have still been Prop 48 till mid season.

That was the year Jayson broke his foot. Came back around Christmas time, then re-broke it in, I believe, mid-February, missing the rest of the season.

Didn't stop him from being a late first round pick in that summer's NBA Draft.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

ESPN Classic 1989 DePaul St John's- 1-3 Today 3/13 7 months 5 days ago #247204

• Boo Harvey
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 376
sjc88 wrote:
For those with interest and access. Right now on ESPN Classic is SJU vs DePaul from Nov 22, 1989.

If memory serves me correct, my nom de guerre was the hero of that game.

ESPN Classic 1989 DePaul St John's- 1-3 Today 3/13 7 months 5 days ago #247205

• Boo Harvey
  • Expert Boarder
sjc88 wrote:

They did a real nice piece at the Half (1989) about St John's at the Garden. Terrance Mullin, Werdann and Sproling. They did interview outside Alumni Hall. Interesting to remember what it looked ilke then vs today. LOL Not much difference.

Sprolling was disappointing. Came in with a reputation as a lights out shooter and stud.

ESPN Classic 1989 DePaul St John's- 1-3 Today 3/13 7 months 5 days ago #247206

• Boo Harvey
  • Expert Boarder
SJU61982 wrote:
sjc88 wrote:

That was the year Jayson broke his foot. Came back around Christmas time, then re-broke it in, I believe, mid-February, missing the rest of the season.

Was Billy Singelton on that team? Believe he was, but could be mistaken

ESPN Classic 1989 DePaul St John's- 1-3 Today 3/13 7 months 5 days ago #247211

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1658
Boo Harvey wrote:
SJU61982 wrote:
sjc88 wrote:

Was Billy Singelton on that team? Believe he was, but could be mistaken

Yeah, I b elieve his technical in the tourney was the turning point against Duke.
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.

ESPN Classic 1989 DePaul St John's- 1-3 Today 3/13 7 months 5 days ago #247213

• sjc88
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
You would be correct Boo...The original Boo Harvey hits game winner in 53-52 W for the Redmen. Chucky Sproling was never the shooter or scorer we were told he was. Billy Singleton was on the team and we had good size up front. If I remember correctly several big calls went the Dukie way in Atanta incuding a technical on BS that killed us.
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds