Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017 Transfers

2017 Transfers 2 months 2 weeks ago #246064

• RedmanMike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 71
Jones would have been a significant contributor for us this season. That's not even debatable.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

2017 Transfers 2 months 2 weeks ago #246089

• L J S A
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2117
RedmanMike wrote:
Jones would have been a significant contributor for us this season. That's not even debatable.

I think that's very debatable. I think he would have given us what he gave us the year before if we were lucky. Unless you think those numbers are significant. I don't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section9, Andrew2

2017 Transfers 2 months 2 weeks ago #246090

• gman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 1132
RedmanMike wrote:

He put up decent numbers in a lot of minutes on a crappy team in a ceapoy conference. Give him Yakwe's 20 mins in the BE and he doesn't put up much better stats Is my guess
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew2

2017 Transfers 2 months 2 weeks ago #246094

• kranmars
  • Thank you received: 1190
RedmanMike wrote:

Anytime someone says some variation of "it isn't even debatable," it is usually very debatable.

I am not picking on you RedmanMike. I slip and say the same thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112

2017 Transfers 2 months 2 weeks ago #246095

• Monte
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3669
gman wrote:
RedmanMike wrote:

He put up decent numbers in a lot of minutes on a crappy team in a ceapoy conference. Give him Yakwe's 20 mins in the BE and he doesn't put up much better stats Is my guess

Don't know that his stats would have been significantly better than KYs, but think our offense would have flowed better with him on the floor, and he would have done a better job defensively against some of the big PFs in the conference. Our guards would have worked well with him on the pick and roll. And thats not even debatable ;)

2017 Transfers 2 months 2 weeks ago #246112

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1570
L J S A wrote:
RedmanMike wrote:

I think that's very debatable. I think he would have given us what he gave us the year before if we were lucky. Unless you think those numbers are significant. I don't.

Last year's numbers may not be significant but they're better than any of the other bigs gave the team this year, and even marginal improvement would have moved hit to 10 and 6. That wouldn't have helped?
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.

2017 Transfers 2 months 2 weeks ago #246116

• Enright
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 235
What's not debatable is that both Yawke and Jones should have been on the roster. The frontline was so weak that having any body like Jones would have been a help. Ellison should not get any minutes except as a backup guard

2017 Transfers 2 months 2 weeks ago #246123

• L J S A
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2117
austour wrote:
L J S A wrote:
RedmanMike wrote:

Last year's numbers may not be significant but they're better than any of the other bigs gave the team this year, and even marginal improvement would have moved hit to 10 and 6. That wouldn't have helped?

I don't think there would have been even marginal improvement. But I suppose even 8 ppg would have been better than what we've gotten. Would we have won more games because of Christian Jones, though? I really can't see it.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by L J S A. Reason: sp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew2

2017 Transfers 2 months 2 weeks ago #246133

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1570
L J S A wrote:
austour wrote:
L J S A wrote:
RedmanMike wrote:

I don't think there would have been even marginal improvement. But I suppose even 8 ppg would have been better than what we've gotten. Would we have won more games because of Christian Jones, though? I really can't see it.

Maybe LIU. ;)

It is kind of shocking how bad all the losses in conference all were with the exception of the Xavier loss at home by only 5. And even in that game they were down by 15 with 9 mins to play.
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds