Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: @Butler, Wed. Feb. 15, 8:30pm, FS1/570AM

@Butler, Wed. Feb. 15, 8:30pm, FS1/570AM 5 days 15 hours ago #244109

• OLV72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 666
Doc, you forgot to mention the rebounding.

Since they suck at everything it is simply amazing that they managed to win six league games and are tied with a top 40 RPI team.
Last Edit: 5 days 15 hours ago by OLV72.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

@Butler, Wed. Feb. 15, 8:30pm, FS1/570AM 5 days 1 hour ago #244127

• bamafan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1091
OLV72 wrote:

Since they suck at everything it is simply amazing that they managed to win six league games and are tied with a top 40 RPI team.
That's what happens when you play little to no D and have a carpet bombing offense-sometimes the bombs hit there targets and sometimes they don't. My friend's son goes to Fordham and informed me that in their last two wins they have given up a total of 85 points which he said is like a half for ST J's. Went to the Fordham home game vs Dayton and was impressed by their intense defense (I realize we blitzed them this season-kudos to Mo and his offense). Point is if we could be more demanding on playing more intense D perhaps we can win more games even if we are a bit off offensively.

@Butler, Wed. Feb. 15, 8:30pm, FS1/570AM 4 days 2 hours ago #244155

• OLV72
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 666
bamafan wrote:
OLV72 wrote:

That's what happens when you play little to no D and have a carpet bombing offense-sometimes the bombs hit there targets and sometimes they don't. My friend's son goes to Fordham and informed me that in their last two wins they have given up a total of 85 points which he said is like a half for ST J's. Went to the Fordham home game vs Dayton and was impressed by their intense defense (I realize we blitzed them this season-kudos to Mo and his offense). Point is if we could be more demanding on playing more intense D perhaps we can win more games even if we are a bit off offensively.

Point is their still learning and have played some good defensive games against good BE teams and a few lousy all around games. It is year one for this core group. They are going to implode on the road from time to time. They will never be a scrappy defensive team keeping scores in the fifties and winning games shooting 38% from the field. They hopefully will become consistent and improve from shooting in the 44% range to the 48 to 50% range and become a consistent winner at the BE level.

@Butler, Wed. Feb. 15, 8:30pm, FS1/570AM 3 days 49 minutes ago #244254

• docbutler
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 94
Muscini cannot play defense. He gives up as many as he makes. He could never play for me. Just one man's opinion though.

@Butler, Wed. Feb. 15, 8:30pm, FS1/570AM 3 days 46 minutes ago #244255

• docbutler
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 94
You've got to play...and know how to play...GOOD DEFENSE, to be a consistent winner in the Big East. If you're under-pinings are poor to begin with, you won't win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

@Butler, Wed. Feb. 15, 8:30pm, FS1/570AM 2 days 22 hours ago #244273

• MainMan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 871
docbutler wrote:
There is absolutely no way that teams coached by Joe Lapchick, or Lou Carnesecca, could surrender that many.

You're right, there is no way a Lou team could ever have given up 110.

113, however........

cuse.com/sports/2003/7/10/65-66stj1box.aspx

Jaysus, Mary and Holy St. Joseph, Jimmy B dropped 21 on us!!!!!
Last Edit: 2 days 22 hours ago by MainMan.

@Butler, Wed. Feb. 15, 8:30pm, FS1/570AM 2 days 20 hours ago #244293

• Section9
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 364
MainMan wrote:
docbutler wrote:
There is absolutely no way that teams coached by Joe Lapchick, or Lou Carnesecca, could surrender that many.

You're right, there is no way a Lou team could ever have given up 110.

113, however........

cuse.com/sports/2003/7/10/65-66stj1box.aspx

Jaysus, Mary and Holy St. Joseph, Jimmy B dropped 21 on us!!!!!

If anybody has any doubts about what a great player Sonny Dove was just check out his stat line!
Time to create page: 0.560 seconds