Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: UConn Still Shopping ?

UConn Still Shopping ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #242529

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14061
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia

UConn Still Shopping ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #242530

• Manhattan1
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 188
I would like this to happen for few reasons:
-Brings a team that can help pack the garden during big east tourney time. We do not sell out MSG during the big east tourney besides the Championship game. This would help with our MSG contract when it runs out in 2026.
Instead of having to play an Xavier or Marquette at MSG where we do not bring a crowd we can replace that with UCONN.

However, for me to be see this happening there needs to be an ironclad agreement where they cannot leave if the ACC or somebody else is calling. There should be a $100 million exit fee which they would never meet.

I also like the 20 game conference schedule. One less crappy game during the year on campus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redmen07

UConn Still Shopping ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #242532

• postell25
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 95
I would hate this. Screw them. They wanted to leave and then got left out in conference realignment and now they want to crawl back to us? No thanks. They deserve the American Athletic Conference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, redmannorth, 88grad, NYCRedmen, Section9, section10, jerseyshorejohnny, TX Redman

UConn Still Shopping ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #242545

• L J S A
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1872
At the very least, we should make them sweat it out. Invite Dayton, St. Mary's, Gonzaga, and Wichita State, and then sit on 14 for a couple of years. And then leak a list of the final two potential candidates that doesn't have UConn's name on it.

Put St. Louis on it, VCU, Davidson, and some completely random school that has no chance whatsoever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, redmannorth, Paultzman

UConn Still Shopping ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #242546

• McGarry2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 126
L J S A wrote:
At the very least, we should make them sweat it out. Invite Dayton, St. Mary's, Gonzaga, and Wichita State, and then sit on 14 for a couple of years. And then leak a list of the final two potential candidates that doesn't have UConn's name on it.

Put St. Louis on it, VCU, Davidson, and some completely random school that has no chance whatsoever.[/quote

Day one in, day two looking to get into one of the Big 5
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by McGarry2.

UConn Still Shopping ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #242547

• L J S A
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1872
McGarry2 wrote:
L J S A wrote:

Put St. Louis on it, VCU, Davidson, and some completely random school that has no chance whatsoever.

Day one in, day two looking to get into one of the Big 5

Yeah, I don't trust them either but starting to get the feeling UConn 2.0 is inevitable.

The conference should make them agree to a $100 million escape penalty.

UConn Still Shopping ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #242551

• Boo Harvey
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 280
I would think playing two additional conference games would put the league at a disadvantage come tournament time. It would provide an additional two games for the teams to beat up on one another.

Personally, I love the idea of adding UConn to the conference provided they face a significant buyout penalty. Love them or hate them, UConn is an upper tier program with a tremendous following. Adding them would only enhance the prestige of the league, which should ultimately redound to our benefit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth

UConn Still Shopping ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #242552

• NYCRedmen
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1351
Can we once & for all stop with this expansion talk. Expansion killed the original Big East, why do we want to water down a conference where we have 10 schools (the perfect number for round robin scheduling) and all 10 have or are building towards having great basketball tradition. Lets enjoy what we have, we may not be so lucky the next go around if we start adding additional schools. It's bad enough that we now have to travel to places as far as Omaha, Milwaukee & Indianapolis, now we want to add schools in California?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, redmannorth, 88grad, OLV72, frank61, Amaseinyourface

UConn Still Shopping ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #242555

• Coaster
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 82
Not now. Not ever. The answer is No. Plenty of other choices that make sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, kranmars, redmannorth, PharmaJohnny
Time to create page: 0.734 seconds