Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Marvin Clark

Marvin Clark 5 months 1 week ago #239033

• oldschool Redmen
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 463
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OLV72, Sju grad 13

Marvin Clark 4 months 2 weeks ago #242701

• Andrew2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1562
I wonder if Izzo is missing him with all the injuries.

Marvin Clark 4 months 2 weeks ago #242713

• Boo Harvey
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 363
Andrew2 wrote:
I wonder if Izzo is missing him with all the injuries.

More likely Clark is missing Izzo and realizing he could have had a significant role without sitting out a year. MSU's loss is our gain.

Marvin Clark 4 months 2 weeks ago #242714

• Beast of the East
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5149
I only go by what a friend who went to MSU says. The fans loved him there. I am going to guess he will start for us or get major minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU1512

Marvin Clark 4 months 2 weeks ago #242720

• kred
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
I love this kid. Can't wait to see him play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, richard steinfeld

Marvin Clark 4 months 2 weeks ago #242746

• JackofVirginia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 690
Beast of the East wrote:
I only go by what a friend who went to MSU says. The fans loved him there. I am going to guess he will start for us or get major minutes.

He has to start next year, especially since we lack rebounders. Clark replaces Ellison in the starting lineup. Along with Ahmed and Owens we improve on the boards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, SJU1512, Amaseinyourface

Marvin Clark 4 months 2 weeks ago #242754

• we are sju
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1708
Had the Big 10 Network so saw bunch of his games. Plays hard and rebounds / defends. On offense he played on the perimeter from what I remember as he was undersized. Mostly backed up Brandon Dawson another undersized 4 though he was much more athletic. Solid player will be far and away our best frontcourt guy, but undersized and not a superstar or anything. Will be a good player. 12 and 6 or 7 would be my prediction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, SJU85, SJU1512, JackofVirginia, richard steinfeld

Marvin Clark 4 months 2 weeks ago #242755

• we are sju
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1708
To me as long as the two guards stay, the key for next year will be Ahmed / Ellison and Simon. Lovett and Ponds will be Lovett and Ponds and Clark will be solid. If we are to be significantly improved it will have to come from some combination of the first three I mentioned. Really intrigued by Simon. Hoping he is more refined or just less erratic Ellison.

Sadly don't expect a big turnaround for Yakwe but you never know.
I think the arrival of another useful big( Clark) will also help Owens. Need at least the same from him next year that he gave this year.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by we are sju.

Marvin Clark 4 months 2 weeks ago #242759

• SJU1512
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 820
we are sju wrote:
Had the Big 10 Network so saw bunch of his games. Plays hard and rebounds / defends. On offense he played on the perimeter from what I remember as he was undersized. Mostly backed up Brandon Dawson another undersized 4 though he was much more athletic. Solid player will be far and away our best frontcourt guy, but undersized and not a superstar or anything. Will be a good player. 12 and 6 or 7 would be my prediction.

12 and 6 would be great. Given how much that level have production has helped us from Ahmed this year, adding another Ahmed-type producer would be great.

Also agree with your other post that having more size up front will help Owens. Alleviates some of the pressure he's been under.

Despite not being a true post player, Clark strikes me as the kind of guy who isn't going to get knocked off the block. As we've seen with Williams this year that simple attribute can go a long way underneath.

Have not seen a ton of him but from what I have he is a 3.5 that leans more 4. This should not only be a good fit in the system and pace this staff seems to want to play, but also should blend nicely with Ahmed who is a 3.5 that leans more 3. Think Owens, Ahmed, and Clark will play off each other nicely to form a pretty well-rounded front court both when on the court together and not. And that's before we see what the roster looks like in a few months.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by SJU1512.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Paultzman, JackofVirginia, we are sju
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds