• Monte
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3693
OLV72 wrote:
mjmaherjr wrote:
TonyinFairfield wrote:
Bucknasty 23 wrote:
The game was there for the taking but we have to clean up the mental mistakes. Obviously rebounding is a huge issue and that needs to be the priority for the staff to find someone who wants that to be their main job. Hopefully Clark fills that role next year.

The kids played tough and we hung tough.

I really have a hard time though in MSG when they are selling Villanova gear and then after the game they have garden lit up in baby blue for Villanova after it was red before the game.
Our relationship needs to change with MSG for the better. The bandwagon cam was a huge hit however.

I share your and many others' frustrations on this board, with the way MSG treats us. But we all know the answer is to put a consistently competitive product on the court. Until we do, and I don't mean a good team every five years, but a consistently good team, we are negotiating from a position of weakness. If we were a perennial tournament team and filled the Garden with our fans at every game, we'd be in a much stronger position to negotiate with the Garden. Until then, we have to continue to live with the fact that when we play Nova, Georgetown, etc etc, we will be in the minority at the Garden. And nobody hates that more than I do.

Agreed but I actually thought the SJU turnout yesterday was at least more than I expected

SJU turnout was strong. Coming off a NC season brought out the Nova fans putting it close to a sellout, but SJU fan base is there. The CA crowds have been good and vocal too.

As for the Nova fans, they seem to respect that MSG is not their home court - unlike fans from a couple of teams that left the conference. This league is unique in that most fans see that all the BE teams are in this together and root for the each other in non-league games to a greater degree than in the past and than other conferences do.

Once we provide a winning product, the impartial college basketball fan will come out and support us at MSG. Without the UCONN and Cuse fans filling the house, I expect that on average we can capture 75% of the crowd.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OLV72, richard steinfeld

Villanova, Sat. Jan. 14, 12 Noon, FS1/570AM 5 months 1 week ago #239668

• JohnnyFan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1268
Monte wrote:
OLV72 wrote:
mjmaherjr wrote:
TonyinFairfield wrote:
Bucknasty 23 wrote:
The game was there for the taking but we have to clean up the mental mistakes. Obviously rebounding is a huge issue and that needs to be the priority for the staff to find someone who wants that to be their main job. Hopefully Clark fills that role next year.

The kids played tough and we hung tough.

I really have a hard time though in MSG when they are selling Villanova gear and then after the game they have garden lit up in baby blue for Villanova after it was red before the game.
Our relationship needs to change with MSG for the better. The bandwagon cam was a huge hit however.

I share your and many others' frustrations on this board, with the way MSG treats us. But we all know the answer is to put a consistently competitive product on the court. Until we do, and I don't mean a good team every five years, but a consistently good team, we are negotiating from a position of weakness. If we were a perennial tournament team and filled the Garden with our fans at every game, we'd be in a much stronger position to negotiate with the Garden. Until then, we have to continue to live with the fact that when we play Nova, Georgetown, etc etc, we will be in the minority at the Garden. And nobody hates that more than I do.

Agreed but I actually thought the SJU turnout yesterday was at least more than I expected

SJU turnout was strong. Coming off a NC season brought out the Nova fans putting it close to a sellout, but SJU fan base is there. The CA crowds have been good and vocal too.

As for the Nova fans, they seem to respect that MSG is not their home court - unlike fans from a couple of teams that left the conference. This league is unique in that most fans see that all the BE teams are in this together and root for the each other in non-league games to a greater degree than in the past and than other conferences do.

Once we provide a winning product, the impartial college basketball fan will come out and support us at MSG. Without the UCONN and Cuse fans filling the house, I expect that on average we can capture 75% of the crowd.

Totally agree, and that will give a boost to recruiting. If we could just capture that momentum, we could be consistently near the top of the BE.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds