Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Zach Brown Arrested Again

Zach Brown Arrested Again 2 months 1 week ago #239164

• redken
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1608
Paultzman wrote:
Told he was torn between being a Pharmacy or Finance major at St.J & was doing field research. Plausible? :)

Afraid not. :(
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by redken.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Zach Brown Arrested Again 2 months 1 week ago #239249

• redmen1969
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 59
Paultzman wrote:
Told he was torn between being a Pharmacy or Finance major at St.J & was doing field research. Plausible? :)
B)

Zach Brown Arrested Again 2 months 1 week ago #239286

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14019
Per Zach B
St John's has yet to make a decision on recently arrested signee Zach Brown, but told it should come soon #sjubb

Adios
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

Zach Brown Arrested Again 2 months 1 week ago #239289

• McGarry2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 125
Paultzman wrote:
Per Zach B
St John's has yet to make a decision on recently arrested signee Zach Brown, but told it should come soon #sjubb

Adios
Hope you are wrong if he is a program changer. There was a recent post regarding Dwyane Wade DePaul and Marquette and many will recall Iverson and Georgetown. Look like the Jesuits are more phone to take a chance. My favorite is Georgetown point guard who followed Iverson seem he was a higher up in a gang. His name escapes me!

Zach Brown Arrested Again 2 months 1 week ago #239291

• L J S A
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1848
McGarry2 wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
Per Zach B

Adios
Hope you are wrong if he is a program changer. There was a recent post regarding Dwyane Wade DePaul and Marquette and many will recall Iverson and Georgetown. Look like the Jesuits are more phone to take a chance. My favorite is Georgetown point guard who followed Iverson seem he was a higher up in a gang. His name escapes me!

Did Wade have behavioral/legal issues, though? I thought he was rejected by the Big 10 schools because of academics.

Zach Brown Arrested Again 2 months 1 week ago #239292

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Victor Paige was convicted of assault, received 10 year sentence & is still in prison I believe.

Brown had not played for Calusa Prep in four games I believe before "Walgreengate" Also, Matt, despite his frequent visits to keep an eye on him, was not impressed with Brown living up to his end of the bargain I was told. I would be shocked if SJU does not move on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: McGarry2, Monte, frank61, L J S A, JohnnyFan

Zach Brown Arrested Again 2 months 1 week ago #239295

• Monte
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3584
Paultzman wrote:
Victor Paige was convicted of assault, received 10 year sentence & is still in prison I believe.

Brown had not played for Calusa Prep in four games I believe before "Walgreengate" Also, Matt, despite his frequent visits to keep an eye on him, was not impressed with Brown living up to his end of the bargain I was told. I would be shocked if SJU does not move on.

As I've said before, I'm all for giving 2nd and 3rd chances, but there are so many red flags here that IMO we would more than not just be pissing away a scholy and roster spot next year if we honored his LOI. And we are in no position to be pissing away roster spots. I say we severe ties and go after the sure thing(IE 5th year transfer, JC kid, etc). If the kid wants to go the JC or prep school route and gets his life in order, I would certainly keep the door open for him to come here in the future.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Monte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

Zach Brown Arrested Again 2 months 1 week ago #239296

• P Simmons
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 487
What are the rules regarding kids who committed? Can a school just rescind the scholarship offer after the kid has signed an LOI? Or is there a set a criteria the school has to meet to cut off a kid?

Zach Brown Arrested Again 2 months 1 week ago #239297

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
P Simmons wrote:
What are the rules regarding kids who committed? Can a school just rescind the scholarship offer after the kid has signed an LOI? Or is there a set a criteria the school has to meet to cut off a kid?

Very easy to cut bait in such circumstances.
The following user(s) said Thank You: P Simmons
Time to create page: 0.655 seconds