Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Zach Brown Arrested Again

Zach Brown Arrested Again 3 months 2 weeks ago #239116

  • redken
  • redken's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 3056
  • Thank you received: 1679
  • Karma: -22
Beast of the East wrote:
We should rename our team "Square One" This stuff is getting so tedious.

Not a bad idea. But keeping the "Red" and in a veiled homage to our new president's bromance with Putin, maybe it should be the "Red Square One"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Zach Brown Arrested Again 3 months 2 weeks ago #239125

  • usguard
  • usguard's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 3090
  • Thank you received: 523
  • Karma: -175
fun wrote:
Roamer wrote:
The real tragedy in all of this is that we are not that very good at the moment and the press this gives to the public makes us even look more pathetic to the average bball fan

Yeah, that's the real tragedy. A million arrests is a statistic, one arrest is a public relations nightmare.

Whatever bottom is a young mans environment,lack of parental care ,lack of f family finace lack of role models,lack of family stability from a young age has brought a talented kid who could have made much $$ for himself and family all contributed to this das situation.Us taking a chance of him was noble and with merit Hope he gets his life together he is still young enough make his dreams a reality
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Zach Brown Arrested Again 3 months 2 weeks ago #239143

  • redmen1969
  • redmen1969's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 294
  • Thank you received: 60
  • Karma: 4
So, what's the current thinking, have we or will we ( and can we) pull the scholarship on this young man?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Zach Brown Arrested Again 3 months 2 weeks ago #239144

  • usguard
  • usguard's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 3090
  • Thank you received: 523
  • Karma: -175
redmen1969 wrote:
So, what's the current thinking, have we or will we ( and can we) pull the scholarship on this young man?

yes we cab but will we
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Zach Brown Arrested Again 3 months 2 weeks ago #239145

  • Boo Harvey
  • Boo Harvey's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 831
  • Thank you received: 320
  • Karma: -80
usguard wrote:
redmen1969 wrote:
So, what's the current thinking, have we or will we ( and can we) pull the scholarship on this young man?

yes we cab but will we

Innocent until proven guilty baby! In all seriousness, that's not the case in sports, nor should it be. I imagine that staff will perform their due diligence concerning this latest "incident." Assuming it's not total fiction, I imagine we have to promptly cut ties.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Zach Brown Arrested Again 3 months 2 weeks ago #239152

  • shecky82
  • shecky82's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 97
  • Thank you received: 82
  • Karma: 3
Boo Harvey wrote:
usguard wrote:
redmen1969 wrote:
So, what's the current thinking, have we or will we ( and can we) pull the scholarship on this young man?

yes we cab but will we

Innocent until proven guilty baby! In all seriousness, that's not the case in sports, nor should it be. I imagine that staff will perform their due diligence concerning this latest "incident." Assuming it's not total fiction, I imagine we have to promptly cut ties.

Maybe it was a another 7 footer who walked into the sac o suds that nite, let's send Joe Pesci down there
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Morgan

Zach Brown Arrested Again 3 months 2 weeks ago #239155

  • Ray Morgan
  • Ray Morgan's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 1086
  • Thank you received: 740
  • Karma: 18
shecky82 wrote:
Boo Harvey wrote:
usguard wrote:
redmen1969 wrote:
So, what's the current thinking, have we or will we ( and can we) pull the scholarship on this young man?

yes we cab but will we

Innocent until proven guilty baby! In all seriousness, that's not the case in sports, nor should it be. I imagine that staff will perform their due diligence concerning this latest "incident." Assuming it's not total fiction, I imagine we have to promptly cut ties.

Maybe it was a another 7 footer who walked into the sac o suds that nite, let's send Joe Pesci down there

I feel a bit of responsibility. if I shopped at that Walgreen's instead of a nearby CVS, ZB may have seen me with my vintage St. John's sweatshirt and started a conversation instead of "allegedly" robbing that store.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Zach Brown Arrested Again 3 months 2 weeks ago #239158

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 14612
  • Thank you received: 14567
  • Karma: 278
Told he was torn between being a Pharmacy or Finance major at St.J & was doing field research. Plausible? :)
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Paultzman.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, L J S A, Knight

Zach Brown Arrested Again 3 months 2 weeks ago #239160

  • OLV72
  • OLV72's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 1017
  • Thank you received: 736
  • Karma: 23
we are sju wrote:
OLV72 wrote:
WSJU, I get your point, but I think there was a time when we were considered one of the clean programs. I guess Mushnick has it just about right. Now that we are firmly entrenched in with all the others can we win like they do?

Was just pointing out that worse things have happened involving ST John's basketball program

But honestly other than Pitt thing which was bad and the stuff with paying Keita, other stuff happened after guys left here. No control over that.
What else was there? Obekpa thing was small. Felton thing. Fran dick thing? Not much

There's been enough starting with the Fran years. If you pull out the Norm years when priority one was running a clean program we have had enough small incidents to give us a bad rep among our big east brethren. Though, they're all hypocrates to a degree.

I think the numerous CO incidents, Jordan shooting someone so soon after leaving the program and recruiting this seriously troubled kid damages our rep. These are mostly predictable and avoidable. Most schools stayed clear of the them with the exception of CO, who seemed to have lost his mind sometime during his second season. I guess we could have pushed him to transfer to creedmore state a few miles down Union tpke
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.635 seconds