Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is There One Recruit?

Is There One Recruit? 6 months 1 week ago #238489

• Ray Morgan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 744
Let's face it. If the Big East was a cruise ship, we are in steerage. Villanove is in the Royal Suite, and X, Creighton and Butler are in Junior Suites. You need at least a high deck ocean view balcony to make the dance. At best, even with budding stars in the back court, we will end the season in an inside cabin. Next year, maybe Clark and Simon get us a porthole so we can get a view of the ocean. So we are looking at 2018-2019 to make a push to for March Madness.

Best case scenario is a very strong back court: juniors Lovett and Ponds, and seniors Simon and Ellison. More likely, if you read the tea leaves, it's Ponds, Simon, Ellison and maybe Luther Muhammad. The problem is I'm still not seeing a NCAA quality front court.

So the question I have is there any one recruit that we actually have a good chance at that will make an immediate, and significant impact beginning in 2018? Seems like it has to be a C or PF that can rebound, defend a pf or center, and score. There will be few freshman in any season that can fit the bill. Any thoughts out there?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, frank61, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Is There One Recruit? 6 months 1 week ago #238504

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15520
Ray Morgan wrote:
Let's face it. If the Big East was a cruise ship, we are in steerage. Villanove is in the Royal Suite, and X, Creighton and Butler are in Junior Suites. You need at least a high deck ocean view balcony to make the dance. At best, even with budding stars in the back court, we will end the season in an inside cabin. Next year, maybe Clark and Simon get us a porthole so we can get a view of the ocean. So we are looking at 2018-2019 to make a push to for March Madness.

Best case scenario is a very strong back court: juniors Lovett and Ponds, and seniors Simon and Ellison. More likely, if you read the tea leaves, it's Ponds, Simon, Ellison and maybe Luther Muhammad. The problem is I'm still not seeing a NCAA quality front court.

So the question I have is there any one recruit that we actually have a good chance at that will make an immediate, and significant impact beginning in 2018? Seems like it has to be a C or PF that can rebound, defend a pf or center, and score. There will be few freshman in any season that can fit the bill. Any thoughts out there?

Would think your prognosis is correct & 2018-2019 could possibly be the NCAA push year. I also agree with our guards being the core of the team. Besides Clark & Owens, serviceable guys on interior, the need to add to that is glaring. I guess landing Naz Reid18 would help, but doubt he would have an immediate big impact. Also, it is certainly not a lock they get him. I guess Matt will have to go transfer or Juco route for big bodies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Morgan

Is There One Recruit? 6 months 1 week ago #238508

• Delaware
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 90
Lew Alcindor.

Is There One Recruit? 6 months 1 week ago #238510

• Sju grad 13
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
So you're going to ignore the 7'2 top 50 recruit Zach Brown?

Also, we may need to look at a future without ponds. His Instagram post and videos are showing a kid who is getting frustrated.
Key

Is There One Recruit? 6 months 1 week ago #238512

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15520
Sju grad 13 wrote:

Also, we may need to look at a future without ponds. His Instagram post and videos are showing a kid who is getting frustrated.

I'll believe Brown when I see him here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, frank61

Is There One Recruit? 6 months 1 week ago #238513

• P Simmons
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 487
Paultzman wrote:
Ray Morgan wrote:

Would think your prognosis is correct & 2018-2019 could possibly be the NCAA push year. I also agree with our guards being the core of the team. Besides Clark & Owens, serviceable guys on interior, the need to add to that is glaring. I guess landing Naz Reid18 would help, but doubt he would have an immediate big impact. Also, it is certainly not a lock they get him. I guess Matt will have to go transfer or Juco route for big bodies.

Greg McDermott has played the transfer game with great results. Three of Creighton's starters are transfers. May be the way we have to go to get to where we want to be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Is There One Recruit? 6 months 1 week ago #238516

• Ray Morgan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 744
Sju grad 13 wrote:

Examples of these posts? Not saying you are reading it wrong; just want to see it for myself.

Is There One Recruit? 6 months 1 week ago #238523

• RedStormNC
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 517
You referring to this with a "Trust the Process ? " with a question mark ?

www.instagram.com/p/BPA1anHg-dl/

Maybe just a joke... kinda hard to read into one liners IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sju grad 13

Is There One Recruit? 6 months 1 week ago #238526

• Section3
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 555
Delaware wrote:
Lew Alcindor.

Heard of him. Can't believe he is still at Power Memorial.
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds